[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by lawdog77
[May 07, 2024, 05:44:34 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Corey Sanders Shooting Guard  (Read 10990 times)

Groin_pull

• All American
Re: Corey Sanders Shooting Guard
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »

I judge a players value to Marquette on whether or not Buzz wants him or not.  We were fighting with South Florida for the services of Davante Gardner.  If Buzz wants him...and gets him...that is really all I need to know

You're right. If Player A has MU, Kentucky, UNC, and Kansas as his finalists...and Player B has MU, Murray State, and UCF as his finalists...clearly, there's no difference in the their talent levels.::)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »
You're right. If Player A has MU, Kentucky, UNC, and Kansas as his finalists...and Player B has MU, Murray State, and UCF as his finalists...clearly, there's no difference in the their talent levels.::)

Just because his finalists aren't elite doesn't mean the player isn't elite. Some students like being the big fish in a small pond. Others care solely about playing time. Or maybe they liked the food better at these three schools. Who knows? Not all HS stars dream of going to Kentucky or North Carolina.

I agree with what TS said earlier. Buzz has had more hits than misses. And his style of play and coaching requires a specific kind of player. You think prima donnas like the Harrison twins would respond well to Buzz's bootcamps?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 01:16:38 PM »

If Buzz would rather have Player B instead of Player A...then I would rather have Player B. 

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 02:01:48 PM »

Look at Dwyane Wade, Steph Curry (Player B) - totally guys that were highly recruited by blue bloods right?  Nobody can slip through the cracks.   

Player A's: Adreian Payne (Michigan State - "recruited" by Kansas, Kentucky, Zona), Ian Miller (FSU - "recruited" by Kentucky), Josiah Turner (Arizona - "recruited" by UCONN, Kansas, UL).

And take Davante Gardner...he must be terrible being recruited by the likes of USF. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2014, 01:11:34 PM »
Committed to Rutgers. Don't think Wojo was ever in on him. Big coup for Rutgers getting a guy in the top 100
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 02:32:11 PM »
Get back to us when they actually make an offer.

nm
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:33:43 PM by LittleMurs »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 08:16:26 PM »
Wouldn't call him a "shooting guard". (Combo I'd be OK with.)

Glad they aren't calling him a shooting guard anymore.

He's got some wacky athleticism. Mixed bag when I saw him play again this summer, but always entertaining. Really good add for Rutgers.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 08:25:41 PM »
Look at Dwyane Wade, Steph Curry (Player B) - totally guys that were highly recruited by blue bloods right?  Nobody can slip through the cracks.   

Player A's: Adreian Payne (Michigan State - "recruited" by Kansas, Kentucky, Zona), Ian Miller (FSU - "recruited" by Kentucky), Josiah Turner (Arizona - "recruited" by UCONN, Kansas, UL).

And take Davante Gardner...he must be terrible being recruited by the likes of USF. 
I'll say usually player A tends to be better. Usually