'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: If it happens  (Read 8738 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
If it happens
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
If Buzz would leave,who would you want as coach.I will suggest Danny Manning(Tulsa),Rex Walters(San Francisco),Brian Wardle(UWGB) and Bobby Hurley(Buffalo).Everybody will probably say Gregg Marshall,but I don't think he would come to MU.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: If it happens
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »
I love what Manning has been doing at Tulsa. I really dont think Buzz will leave but for arguments sake I would say Manning, Wardle or Chew.

leever

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 11:40:54 AM »
If Buzz would leave,who would you want as coach.I will suggest Danny Manning(Tulsa),Rex Walters(San Francisco),Brian Wardle(UWGB) and Bobby Hurley(Buffalo).Everybody will probably say Gregg Marshall,but I don't think he would come to MU.

Melissasmooth

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:41:37 AM »
I say we hire Bobby Knight.  Not only would MU get the one of the best coaches ever for his swan song, we could finally get people to shut up about Tom Crean.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »
Boy this nonsense is starting earlier than usual!!

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 11:48:25 AM »
Might as well get it out of our systems early... perhaps that way we can talk about something else more productive during the off-season.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 11:52:51 AM »
willie warrior.

He knows SO much more than Buzz about evaluating players.

If willie turns it down, Ners might be a good plan B.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »
No need to speculate, they would promote Chew.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »
Phil Martelli's grandson.

"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

brandx

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 12:01:38 PM »

+1000

Cuz we all know Buzz is a quitter so one bad year is sure to make him tuck his tail between his legs and leave.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 12:09:40 PM »
Phil Martelli's grandson.

I think that that choice would cause trouble with the NCAA.  I hear that his babysitter is a highly ranked prospect from Philly and when he follows the kid to Marquette, some would charge undue influence.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 12:21:41 PM »
I say we hire Bobby Knight.  Not only would MU get the one of the best coaches ever for his swan song, we could finally get people to shut up about Tom Crean.

Wasn't Knight the top rumor when Crean left?

+1 to Chew

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 12:24:17 PM »

Because the season ended far earlier then usual.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 12:26:32 PM »
Really, Buzz is the coach du jour?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 01:34:35 PM »
Are we trying to get to 110 pages of posts in a hurry?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 01:46:38 PM »
Are we trying to get to 110 pages of posts in a hurry?

I am proud to say that I did not contribute to that thread once.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »

Nothing to take pride in, son. To become a warrior a brave must embrace the culture and traditions of the tribe.

Death on call

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »
If Chew is considered, I don't see all these Illinois players he was suppose to be in on coming to MU.
As much as I bashed Buzz this year, I hope he doesn't leave. It was just a bad mixture of personalities
and not much talent. Buzz will get it right. He is the face of the basketball program. Otherwise Marshall or some noted coach.

KenoshaWarrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 03:35:27 PM »

Shame on you.   
The thread was awesome.

I dont even know what the original topic was, but by page 45 it started morphing into what the best fishing spot was on Lake Erie

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2014, 04:38:32 PM »
If Chew isn't considered, I don't see all these Illinois players he was suppose to be in on coming to MU.
As much as I bashed Buzz this year, I hope he doesn't leave. It was just a bad mixture of personalities
and not much talent. Buzz will get it right. He is the face of the basketball program. Otherwise Marshall or some noted coach.

FIFY

No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2014, 04:42:40 PM »
FIFY

He had all the chance to leave last year, did not, now after a bad season if he left, I would consider him a quitter. He made this mess happen, now clean it up, it will make him an even bigger
target in the future if he can that, if he gets Stone, he will be warrior.

Dawson Rental

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »
He had all the chance to leave last year, did not, now after a bad season if he left, I would consider him a quitter. He made this mess happen, now clean it up, it will make him an even bigger
target in the future if he can that, if he gets Stone, he will be warrior.

????????

Are you talking about Buzz or Chew?

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2014, 04:48:41 PM »
Chew hasn't done dick.....start handing out those shirts again.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2014, 05:05:41 PM »
If Buzz would leave I think it again would show we are lacking something to keep young talent. It really would be time for the admin to evaluate the good and bad and try and figure out why we would lose a guy making the kind of bread Buzz makes. Not sure on my thoughts on Buzz staying or going, but believe there will be a lot of chatter in next couple of weeks regarding Buzz.

FYI---when I mean my thoughts, I hope he is here for ten more years, just not sure if that happens.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2014, 05:14:57 PM »
If the Buzz ever left...Make Dick Bennett AD and his son b ball coach.

That or give it to wardle to make sh.t happen.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2014, 05:25:43 PM »
Chew hasn't done crap? Okay...

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2014, 06:10:13 PM »
This is the deal.If Buzz does not land Stone,he will not be here that much longer.The reason is he had 2 top players in his own backyard in Looney and Stone and could not get either.That tells him it can not be done.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 06:36:15 PM »
This is the deal.If Buzz does not land Stone,he will not be here that much longer.The reason is he had 2 top players in his own backyard in Looney and Stone and could not get either.That tells him it can not be done.

That's if Buzz feels like he needs top 10 players to win. Looney was never staying in the midwest, MU was never, ever an option.

Izzo doesn't need top 10 players and doesn't want them, if Buzz needs them and has to leave because of it, then he's not that great of a coach.

brandx

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2014, 06:37:32 PM »

Doesn't mean a thing.

Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, NC, UCLA,  and Arizona are going to get most top 10 players. Doesn't matter where they are from. It has no effect on Buzz' job status whatsoever.

Now, if these in-state guys were picking UW consistently, there might be a grain of truth to your opinion.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2014, 06:42:57 PM »

Buzz is only going after players who are willing to go to class, work harder than they've ever worked before, sit through and learn from his "life lessons," and make new friends through Buzz's Bunch.  I have no idea if this describes Stone, but if it doesn't, he isn't coming to MU.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »
Where's one of those Hoya posters? Is John Thompson getting the same treatment after Georgetown's season?

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2014, 09:36:56 PM »
Where's one of those Hoya posters? Is John Thompson getting the same treatment after Georgetown's season?

He should be.

Between this season and multiple losses to high seeds in the first two rounds of the NCAAT Georgetown fans should be unhappy.
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

AirPunches

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 09:57:05 PM »
Buzz is only going after players who are willing to go to class, work harder than they've ever worked before, sit through and learn from his "life lessons," and make new friends through Buzz's Bunch.  I have no idea if this describes Stone, but if it doesn't, he isn't coming to MU.

Buzz also doesn't go after players who have their hands out. It's no coincidence they don't recruit/ stop recruiting certain players. Time will tell with stone. His recruitment will heat up very soon.

brandx

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2014, 10:15:07 PM »
He should be.

Between this season and multiple losses to high seeds in the first two rounds of the NCAAT Georgetown fans should be unhappy.

Georgetown is a little different animal. Their student graduation rate is well over 90% - much higher than most schools.

If JTIII gets in trouble it will be because the men's basketball graduation rate is less than half of the school's general rate. This despite the fact that most players are there 4 years.

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2014, 10:38:24 PM »
I just "googled" Buzz Williams rumors and the first site was a VA Tech chat room and they are saying they would take whomever Auburn doesn't choose between Pearl and Buzz.

This is such an awesome right of passage every spring.

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2014, 10:42:10 PM »
C'mon man let's get Coach Reeves from Carver High, he would recruit the urban areas well, he's got the NBA and Chicago connections down and I think he would come cheap....
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2014, 10:47:45 PM »
Looney was never staying in the midwest, MU was never, ever an option.

Frankly, I blame his dentist...

"Is it safe to not go to Marquette?"

Death on call

brandx

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2014, 11:03:24 PM »
Frankly, I blame his dentist...

"Is it safe to not go to Marquette?"

One of the creepier movie scenes. Woulda been easier to watch someone scratching a blackboard.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2014, 11:20:35 PM »
Chew hasn't done dick.....start handing out those shirts again.

Yeah. He was horrible in recruiting Ahmed Hill. Dude committed to Mizzou, right?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.