'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Butler Defending Wade!  (Read 8740 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Butler Defending Wade!
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:13 PM »
He was covering LeBron and they switched him to Wade.  Doing a pretty good job.

Butler was on Novak earlier this week.  The Bulls play Portland next week.  Butler against Mathews next?

MUSig54

• Scholarship Player
Re: Butler Defending Wade!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 09:24:37 PM »
I don't think Leboy had scored when Jimmy was guarding him.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:40:30 PM »
I don't think Leboy had scored when Jimmy was guarding him.

Well, that's he whole reason they drafted him (specifically for the playoffs) so that's good to hear.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 09:49:34 PM »
In other news, Steve Novak dropped twenty on Portland tonight.  Wes still in a slump.
Ludum habemus.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 10:35:35 PM »
In other news, Steve Novak dropped twenty on Portland tonight.  Wes still in a slump.
Portland is absolutely tanking this season.

hilltopper03

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »
butler just made a clutch jumper

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 10:42:03 PM »
Besides the fact that Wes isn't playing too good, how awesome is it that we can talk about Marquette players almost every night making an impact in the NBA?

The other night I watched Butler playing Novak and Mike Tirico talk about "One Marquette playing against another Marquette," and tonight I'm seeing Jimmy guard Dwyane Wade and hitting some big shots.

Love the fact that we are putting guys in the Bigs and they are making an impact.

ps. Stacy King's Butler shot-out when Jimmy makes a shot: "Who did it? The Butler did it!" Also, as I wrote this Stacy King talking about how Butler isn't fazed playing in the big time, guarding Carmelo at the Garden... awesome.

JoBo2756

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »
Butler put in with :58 left, Bulls up by 4.

Skitch

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:59 PM »
Didn't get to watch the 2nd half, but hopefully Butler wasn't guarding Wade when he had 19 in the 4th quarter. 

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 12:36:12 AM »
Last possession of the first quarter.  Butler was all over Lebron twice.  Needed some help on the second one, but still.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 01:24:12 AM »
For those of you who don't have the Comcast Chicago feed, Stacy King was all about Jimmy Butler tonight.

Awesome seeing Jimmy get put in for defense in the final minute of a Bulls/Heat game

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 01:31:27 AM »
In the fourth quarter Wade had 15 points.  Lebron had 2.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 01:57:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure every JB miss resulted in an offensive rebound. 

warriorchick

• All American
Bulls fans, JFB, and D. Wade
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 08:13:43 AM »
I was at the Bulls-Heat game last night, and I am very pleased to report that Jimmy is already a fan favorite in Chicago.  He got more applause than anyone else coming off of the bench, and he received many shouted words of encouragement.

Dwyane, on the other hand, got a ton of hostility, the most of anyone besides LeBron James.  I understand that he plays on an opposing team and all, but I thought people would show at least a little love for a native Chicagoan.  Instead, fans would boo loudly whenever he touched the ball, and many people were shouting names like "whiner" and "crybaby" - and not just if he protested a call (or lack thereof).

At one point I was wondering how people could become so emotionally involved in a game played between professional teams - as opposed to cheering for one's alma mater and all the associated pride with that - but then I remembered how my husband behaves during Packer games.
Have some patience, FFS.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
Re: Bulls fans, JFB, and D. Wade
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 08:20:24 AM »
I hate to say it, but I don't think many people really think of Wade as a Chicagoan. Plus, he rubbed people the wrong way by pretending to entertain thoughts of signing with the Bulls.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 08:26:21 AM »
I hate to say it, but I don't think many people really think of Wade as a Chicagoan. Plus, he rubbed people the wrong way by pretending to entertain thoughts of signing with the Bulls.

People in Chicago tend to think of him as hometown product. I don't know how most of the country thinks of him, but then again I don't think most people know where NBA players are originally from. The whole Big 3 thing did rub me the wrong way.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

MarsupialMadness

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »

This is exactly it.  Bulls fans seem to think that Wade was going to come to Chicago and bring Lebron with him and Rose, Wade, and Lebron would be the "Big 3".  There was very serious discussion about this happening, and then he resigned with the Heat and the rest is history.

I still love the guy, for obvious reasons.  Just because a player didn't sign with your team is no reason to boo a guy, but the way he did it, added with all the Heat non-sense, definitely rubbed people the wrong way.

And everyone loves JFB.  He's the perfect team player and fits in perfectly with this championship caliber team.  Stacey King has said time and time again during the broadcasts that JFB will be an integral part to our playoff run this year.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 09:09:39 AM »

That's the fault of the Chicago Bulls fans, not Dwyane Wade.

If they were stupid enough to believe it a possibility, they should turn that hostility into self-loathing because they're the only ones who deserve the gruff.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »
How could Chicagoans not love one of their own who is also one of the classiest guys in the NBA?

I have an attorney friend who was in the courthouse at the same time D. Wade was there for his divorce proceedings, which probably were some of the worst days of his life.  As I am sure most of you are aware, his then-wife was making things extremely contentious and things were quite nasty.  Her demands accusations against him were so outrageous she had trouble keeping an attorney who was willing to represent her.

My friend saw Dwyane on a bench in the hallway during breaks in proceedings looking completely devastated. Believe it or not, there were people who were crass enough to approach him and ask for an autograph.  He would have every right to tell those people to eff off, but even then, he was pleasant with those people and accommodated their requests. 
Have some patience, FFS.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2012, 09:47:50 AM »

This.
Wade played the Bulls (and by extension, his hometown) for fools that summer, and people haven't forgotten it.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »

If they were stupid enough to believe it a possibility, they should turn that hostility into self-loathing because they're the only ones who deserve the gruff.

Bulls fans were stupid because they believed Wade was being sincere when he expressed an interest in signing with the team? When he made the Bulls the first team he visited in free agency? And then met with them again less than 48 hours later?
Ummm ... OK.  Silly fans.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

Talk about hindsight being 20/20.  I'm pretty sure that during that entire summer no one really knew what was going to happen.  Looking back at it, it all makes sense, but there were new rumors flying around everyday and no one for sure knew what was going to happen.

And from your logic there are only two scenarios:  Either Wade was truly intersted in playing for the Bulls or Wade is as big of a dbag as Lebron for putting on that whole show.

LON

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 10:15:37 AM »
Lots of butt-hurt in this thread.  Substantially all pros are mercenaries, get over it.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
On tv it sounded like Bosh was getting the majority of boos. 

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 10:43:37 AM »
Lots of butt-hurt in this thread.  Substantially all pros are mercenaries, get over it.

+1000.

You guys are soft. Seriously.