[May 13, 2024, 07:04:22 PM]

Ben Gold's summer by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 05:58:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Pakuni
[May 13, 2024, 04:51:05 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by tower912
[May 13, 2024, 04:33:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: McDaniels Fired  (Read 2725 times)

jesmu84

• All American
McDaniels Fired
« on: December 06, 2010, 05:42:05 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5892528

wow. as per the story, bowlin said last week that mcdaniels would be the HC through 2011 at least. jeez. did the chiefs game really make that much difference? i can't believe it's anything worse than trading peyton hillis & money for brady quinn... or trading up for tebow...

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: McDaniels Fired
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 05:52:52 PM »
As a broncos season ticket holder - it's the first time in recent history that Broncos fans have completely lost interest in the team.  Something was going to be done, I just figured they'd let him finish the season at this point.

Don't even get me started on the Tebow thing...lol...most around here think he's going to be a savior.  I've seen too many Florida games to think that - hah.

akmarq

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:12:29 AM »
I think the timing is definitely the weird part. McDaniels brought in his "rebuilding plan" and jettisoned many of Denver's best players (he didn't exactly inherit a scrub roster for Mike Shannahan) and has shown little to no results for it. I figured he was gone at the end of the season regardless, so this is probably mostly a move by Bowlin to say "hey look! we care!" That being said, it saddens me to think that the Broncos are probably a few years away from being the perpetual contender they once were, even playing in the AFC West.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 05:55:38 PM »
As a broncos season ticket holder - it's the first time in recent history that Broncos fans have completely lost interest in the team.  Something was going to be done, I just figured they'd let him finish the season at this point.

Don't even get me started on the Tebow thing...lol...most around here think he's going to be a savior.  I've seen too many Florida games to think that - hah.

My little sister, the only Raiders fan living in the Denver metroplex, is having a banner year with all this stuff going on.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 10:39:52 PM »
My little sister, the only Raiders fan living in the Denver metroplex, is having a banner year with all this stuff going on.

I bet.  I went to a Raiders @ Denver game a couple of years ago and donned a Vikings jersey.... caught some heat at first but once I assured everyone within 50 feet of me I was cheering for them they were fine.  Great city.

I'm sure Jody is enjoying this. 
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

LON

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 08:16:38 AM »

wow. as per the story, bowlin said last week that mcdaniels would be the HC through 2011 at least. jeez. did the chiefs game really make that much difference? i can't believe it's anything worse than trading peyton hillis & money for brady quinn... or trading up for tebow...

I read somewhere that Hillis hit on McDaniels' wife and that pretty much put him in the doghouse...

It was unsubstantiated rumor, but I wouldn't put it past the guy that shows up at post-game press conferences with a massive chaw in his mouth.

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 09:36:40 AM »
He deserved to be canned.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »
I read somewhere that Hillis hit on McDaniels' wife and that pretty much put him in the doghouse...

I'll reserve judgement until I know what she's rated on the Jay Bee scale....

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 03:29:47 PM »
With the Denver job open, and Urban meyer leaving Florida, I wonder if Meyer will be reuniting with his famous QB

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 05:10:10 PM »
I went to a Raiders @ Denver game a couple of years ago and donned a Vikings jersey

I am not trying to be a jerk here, but I have never understood why people wear a jersey for a team that is not playing in that game. Is it just to show that while they dont have much of a stake in either team, they are still a football fan? Why wouldn't you just where the team colors in place of another teams jersey. At least it was a football jersey- I will give you that. I hate when people go to a football game, for example, and wear a hockey jersey. I just do not get it.

How could they fire McDaniels??!?? They haven't played the Packers yet!
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 09:39:51 PM »
I am not trying to be a jerk here, but I have never understood why people wear a jersey for a team that is not playing in that game. Is it just to show that while they dont have much of a stake in either team, they are still a football fan? Why wouldn't you just where the team colors in place of another teams jersey. At least it was a football jersey- I will give you that. I hate when people go to a football game, for example, and wear a hockey jersey. I just do not get it.

At the Packers Cowboys game in Lambeau a few weeks ago, my son and I spotted a guy wearing not only a Favre Vikings jersey but a Vikings helmet as well.  Not sure why, but he took plenty of abuse I can assure you.