[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Post game thoughts  (Read 20807 times)

Nukem2

• All American
Re: Post game thoughts
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2015, 12:38:56 PM »
Inexperienced announcing in exhibitions in Italy is going to be an albatross for the program this season... ;)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2015, 12:42:40 PM »
North Dakota 71- Haukar 53.      Maybe MU wore them out.   Yeahhhhhh, that's it. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2015, 12:43:12 PM »
North Dakota 71- Haukar 53.      Maybe MU wore them out.   Yeahhhhhh, that's it.

They were playing different players.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2015, 12:43:57 PM »
My personal preference would be that people don't dissect performances of our deputy ad's announcing job when he was providing a favor to the live feed/mu fans when that's not his normal gig as we all know but that's neither here nor there.

Well, our deputy AD asked for feedback on his performance, so you may not prefer it, but he did.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2015, 12:44:52 PM »

This will not help our seeding.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2015, 12:59:57 PM »
My personal preference would be that people don't dissect performances of our deputy ad's announcing job when he was providing a favor to the live feed/mu fans when that's not his normal gig as we all know but that's neither here nor there.

Just as long as I can continue to dissect the performance of our deputy AD's scheduling jobs, since that is his normal gig.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2015, 01:08:34 PM »
This will not help our seeding.

Or RPI, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cooby Snacks

• Team Captain
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »
How long has it been that we have been aching for big men. Now we have three.

Davante was pretty good. Won us a few games during his career. Apart from that, I agree that this is a nice development. Heldt has a lot of potential, and hopefully will be ready to step up when Luke graduates. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2015, 01:17:46 PM »

Somebody [Coach Chris Carrawell?] is working with the 'bigs' well. I have seen many good moves in the post by Henry and Luke...as the late Bernie Mac says, "that's nice, real nice.." lol

I don't who coach's the  "Big" at MU, but Wojo had that job at Duke for a few years.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
Agreed.  Didn't think my simple personal preference would be so carefully dissected.  It was meant to be one post on what I personally thought he could've improved on.  Oh well.

That's what I was poking fun at. Not a shot at you.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2015, 01:26:22 PM »
That's what I was poking fun at. Not a shot at you.

Haha I thought so but just figured I would respond  ;)

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »
Jerry Wainwright taught Timmy Duncan everything he knows, a'inal?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2015, 01:49:04 PM »
Jerry Wainwright taught Timmy Duncan everything he knows, a'inal?

I can't remember, was that at MU or DePaul?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2015, 01:52:23 PM »
I don't who coach's the  "Big" at MU, but Wojo had that job at Duke for a few years.

From articles I have read it sounds like Carrawell was the one coaching Luke to get more aggressive in the paint. So it seems he is the "bigs" guy (I'm sure in conjunction with Wojo).
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2015, 02:00:14 PM »
Haha I thought so but just figured I would respond  ;)

On here I find it better to go in expecting for anything said to blow up.

Then be pleasantly surprised when it's a 1 and done post as intended lol.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2015, 02:32:35 PM »
On here I find it better to go in expecting for anything said to blow up.

Then be pleasantly surprised when it's a 1 and done post as intended lol.

Now THAT is a pro tip!

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2015, 05:39:24 PM »
From articles I have read it sounds like Carrawell was the one coaching Luke to get more aggressive in the paint. So it seems he is the "bigs" guy (I'm sure in conjunction with Wojo).

Thanks, good to know.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
Apparently it is more  interesting to talk about an asst. AD then the game or postulate on how great young an inexperienced player will destroy the competition and go on to the NBA in one year. Apparently I saw a different game. The one I saw we were fortunate to win and we only did in the last few minutes. Not exactly dominating ... IMHO
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »
Apparently it is more  interesting to talk about an asst. AD then the game or postulate on how great young an inexperienced player will destroy the competition and go on to the NBA in one year. Apparently I saw a different game. The one I saw we were fortunate to win and we only did in the last few minutes. Not exactly dominating ... IMHO
What?  First game with 5 of the 10 scholly players being freshman and we didn't dominate a team in Europe?  I'm going to get a secondary degree from KU so I have a team to root for. 

There were a lot of 'goods' to be taken from this game -- TC, Sandy, Luke (and Luke not getting hurt on that fall), DW, etc.  If you expect domination you are in for a long year. 

Also, i thought the asst DA did a fine job for a first timer.  Better than most.  What got to me was not the heavy breathing but the very faint groans you could hear in your left ear when they missed an assignment or made a mental mistake.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »

Seeing that this is the first game, what were your expectation?  Did you have a chance to view this game?  If you did would you care to share your thoughts?

doc K

• Walk-On
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2015, 10:28:45 PM »
Back to the actual game... Did anyone else notice how much more enjoyable it was to watch the game without all the timeouts that we have to endure during the regular season games? The flow of the play was so much better. I realize there are lots of bills that have to be paid, I guess we can dream.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2015, 11:01:04 PM »
Back to the actual game... Did anyone else notice how much more enjoyable it was to watch the game without all the timeouts that we have to endure during the regular season games? The flow of the play was so much better. I realize there are lots of bills that have to be paid, I guess we can dream.

Yep, and none of the terrible back-to-backs.  Which I think they eliminated this year, or was it just proposed? 

Also excited for the shorter shot clock.  24 is even quicker, but it seemed to play out nicer than the 35.  I think 30 could be optimal.   Also really hope the offensive rebound reset to 15 makes its way into the game.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2015, 11:01:21 PM »

Yeah, don't count on that. (Although timeouts will be reduced this year.. it'll still be often unbearable.)
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

brandx

« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2015, 11:20:23 PM »
Yep, and none of the terrible back-to-backs.  Which I think they eliminated this year, or was it just proposed? 

Also excited for the shorter shot clock.  24 is even quicker, but it seemed to play out nicer than the 35.  I think 30 could be optimal.   Also really hope the offensive rebound reset to 15 makes its way into the game.

I had never thought of that before, but, yeah, that would be nice.