[May 06, 2024, 10:32:52 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[May 06, 2024, 05:19:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Homer tweet  (Read 26700 times)

Golden Avalanche

• All American
Re: Homer tweet
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2020, 11:58:13 AM »
Meanwhile, Buzz has been named SEC coach of the year. Just had to go and mess with his happy. Can only imagine where the program would be right now if he were still here. Pisses me off

Cal was named COY.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2020, 12:13:37 PM »
Cal was named COY.

Stop ruining a good narrative with facts. 

That being said

Crean was picked to finish 9th in the SEC, he ended up 13th (5-13)
Buzz was picked to finish 12th in the SEC, he ended up T6th (10-8)

I doubt anyone is too surprised.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2020, 12:38:49 PM »
If we were lucky, we’d have had Buzz up until the Louisville job opened up.  But he was never spending his whole career here.  And I say that as someone who loved Buzz as a coach.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2020, 12:49:12 PM »

That being said

MU picked for 4th, finished 6th.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »
Everyone on the Bucks has a green light. They must’ve missed that guarantee.

For someone who cries about Wojo’s leash causing mind games, I would’ve thought you’d be fully against red lights.

Another awful take. You’re on a roll. And btw...JJJ was a 5-star.

I know I’m geeked about what Wojo can accomplish with Dawson. We saw how prolific we were with Henry. A missed NIT.

You can keep defending Wojo all you want. It doesn’t change the fact he’s the lease successful coach at MU since Dukiet - all while having the best resources conditions of any coach at MU.

Lastly, you do realize that through 6 years, just 3 players total have made it through all the way with Wojo:  Heldt, Markus, Sacar.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2020, 01:13:22 PM »
Wojo flubbed it good with Sam, by recruiting Joey to MU.
FIFY.  I'm not saying any coach wouldn't have done the same thing, but if he hadn't brought Joey on, Sam would have stayed at MU.  Without  Joey in the picture, Sam was getting plenty of shots and being asked to carry a lot of the load.  Even with Joey at MU, Sam was a huge part of the team and would have been this year as well. 

That said, that ship sailed.  Time to move on, hey? 
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »

I know I’m geeked about what Wojo can accomplish with Dawson. We saw how prolific we were with Henry. A missed NIT.

You can keep defending Wojo all you want. It doesn’t change the fact he’s the lease successful coach at MU since Dukiet - all while having the best resources conditions of any coach at MU.

Lastly, you do realize that through 6 years, just 3 players total have made it through all the way with Wojo:  Heldt, Markus, Sacar.

Elons, let me say that I’m on your side about Wojo.  I want him gone from Marquette.

That said, while JJJ was a top 30 recruit (IIRC), I think it was obvious to everyone that he was overrated once he stepped on the floor for MU.  His body wasn’t ready for college ball and he looked like he was about 15 years old as a freshman.  Through the years, he also seemed to have maturity issues and got benched for conference games late in the year both his junior and senior seasons (again, IIRC).

His career was rather unfortunate.  He had a lot of potential and just needed a coach who cared to get on his ass and make him the ballplayer he could’ve been.  Some of that’s on JJJ, too.  Unfortunately, he played his first year for a coach who had totally checked out, and then for a guy who had never been a head coach and, as we can see, is still struggling in the position.

Not to make this a JJJ thread.  Then again, I’m no longer really sure what this thread is about!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2020, 01:16:46 PM »

Like I said, JJJ being a 5 star is news to me.  Would love to see that.  Is that the "People Who Played High School Basketball Recruiting Rankings?" 4 star in both 247 and 247's composite, 4 star on ESPN, 4 star on Rivals.

I'm not defending anything about Wojo.  I just think it's hilarious that you kick and scream about Wojo not allowing anyone but his "favorites" a green light...but then you talk about car crashes when too many people have a green light.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2020, 02:20:57 PM »
Meanwhile, Buzz has been named SEC coach of the year. Just had to go and mess with his happy. Can only imagine where the program would be right now if he were still here. Pisses me off

What news source do you read that no one else in the world reads?  He was not named coach of the year.

He isn’t here.  He chose to leave.  He did not perform well under the new rules.  Coach Wojo is actually performing better under the new rules laid out by the administration.  Maybe you should direct your anger at management.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »
What news source do you read that no one else in the world reads?  He was not named coach of the year.

He isn’t here.  He chose to leave.  He did not perform well under the new rules.  Coach Wojo is actually performing better under the new rules laid out by the administration.  Maybe you should direct your anger at management.
I’ve read some projo nonsense, but even the most devout projos aren’t  ridiculous enough to assert this. Just stop. Stop making a fool of yourself. Buzz is 10x the coach Wojo is and it’s not even debatable.
No Finish Line

muguru

• All American
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2020, 02:28:39 PM »
Cal was named COY.

This was tweeted out earlier...so maybe he won the media award..

https://twitter.com/TexAgs/status/1237404689727205376?s=20

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2020, 02:30:24 PM »
I’ve read some projo nonsense, but even the most devout projos aren’t  ridiculous enough to assert this. Just stop. Stop making a fool of yourself. Buzz is 10x the coach Wojo is and it’s not even debatable.

Buzz is a better coach than Coach Wojo.  We agree 10000%.

He is gone.  The administration changed the rules on him. Under those new rules, he failed.  Under the same rules, Coach Wojo has done pretty well, but not as well as previous coaches that had more flexibility on who they could recruit.

Coach Buzz decided he couldn’t win under the new rules despite being a better coach.  His choice.
— Plato

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2020, 02:33:14 PM »

He is gone.  The administration changed the rules on him. Under those new rules, he failed.  Under the same rules, Coach Wojo has done pretty well, but not as well as previous coaches that had more flexibility on who they could recruit.

Coach Buzz decided he couldn’t win under the new rules despite being a better coach.  His choice.
Glad to hear you say that. He’s a better coach and would better with better results under any “rules”

As for the bolded part it wasn’t nearly this black and white
No Finish Line

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2020, 02:33:22 PM »

Negative.  Buzz lost his #1 recruiter at MU when MU decided to incur infractions.  Buzz coached 1 season when his foot was half out the door, with the roster being reset.  Wojo hasn't done a thing while shooting himself in the foot because he's inept mentally when it comes to coaching. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2020, 05:04:57 PM »
Crean sucks
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

PJDunn

• All American
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2020, 05:16:59 PM »

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2020, 07:50:11 PM »

That being said

Not just a good narrative. Cal won the COY as voted by the coaches. Buzz won the AP COY award.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2020, 07:59:29 PM »

BS

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2020, 08:08:21 PM »

Chico

Buzz won the Big East regular season co championship (in the old, much better Big East) and went to the Elite 8 with a roster totally devoid of jucos and non qualifiers. But it is true that your boy TC never won anything of consequence under those circumstances.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2020, 08:12:32 PM »
Chico

Buzz won the Big East regular season co championship (in the old, much better Big East) and went to the Elite 8 with a roster totally devoid of jucos and non qualifiers. But it is true that your boy TC never won anything of consequence under those circumstances.

In fact, Buzz won the Big East regular season co championship and went to the Elite 8 with two players pursuing Masters degrees.  Maybe Buzz was TOO academically focused, and that's why we couldn't shoot vs. Cuse in the Elite 8.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2020, 08:13:33 PM »

It’s called the AP, which is short for Associated Press. IDK for sure, but it’s probably the most read news source in the frickin’ world. And yes he was.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2020, 08:43:45 PM »
WarriorDad = Chico
Chico, it was my understanding you were on vacation.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2020, 08:45:10 PM »
WarriorDad = Chico
Chico, it was my understanding you were on vacation.

What’s a Chicos?

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2020, 11:23:53 PM »
It’s called the AP, which is short for Associated Press. IDK for sure, but it’s probably the most read news source in the frickin’ world. And yes he was.

Thank you.  The official SEC Coach of the Year comes from the conference. Kentucky’s coach was the winner.  Coach Williams is a great coach, he chose to leave Marquette when MU demanded some changes.  He is not coming back, but I will continue to cheer for his success.
— Plato

feedback