Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Truth About Conference Realignment Comes Out!  (Read 2788 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
The Truth About Conference Realignment Comes Out!
« on: September 28, 2011, 10:36:34 AM »
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/syracuse-leaves-big-east-for-woman-named-misti,26145/

Syracuse Leaves Big East For Woman Named 'Misti'

SYRACUSE, NY—In a hastily delivered statement from the passenger side of the young woman’s lime-green Hyundai Tiburon, Syracuse University announced Sunday it was leaving the Big East, the conference it helped create more than 30 years ago, for a 23-year-old exotic dancer and vodka brand ambassador named “Misti.”

“We’ve had a nice run with the Big East, but we think Misti has more to offer us,” said Syracuse athletic director Daryl Gross, crediting the woman for bringing a “renewed sense of purpose” to the 141-year-old research institution. “We have had some good times—great times, actually, really great—with the Big East, and we hope we can continue to maintain a friendly relationship, but we think it’s time for us to pursue other options.”

Gross quickly added that the young woman is “really smart” and wants to go to school to become a dental hygienist, which is perfect, because they are a school.

Bocephys

• All American
Re: The Truth About Conference Realignment Comes Out!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 10:41:23 AM »
Gross quickly added that the young woman is “really smart” and wants to go to school to become a dental hygienist, which is perfect, because they are a school.

Haha, that last part is awesome.  Well played, Onion.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 12:41:36 PM »
Probably only BeeJay has had experience with exotic dancers and dental hygienists.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 01:03:40 PM »
I love the Onion and dislike 'Cuse. Good post!
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »
Nice article. Almost had me fooled.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
Every time someone sends me a link to the Onion, I lose about four hours of productivity just by clicking links to other stories until I've read them all.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 03:53:55 PM »
Every time someone sends me a link to the Onion, I lose about four hours of productivity just by clicking links to other stories until I've read them all.

I'm still laughing over a recent article that "a scientific study has concluded that 94% of all humans would rather be an animatronic bear."

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 07:21:33 PM »

Yeah, me too.  Loved the BJ Upton article.