'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Offical NCAA Tournament thread  (Read 151073 times)

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
Re: Offical NCAA Tournament thread
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2021, 12:45:32 AM »
Sidebars My Son used to play video games with Harry Froling. Watched Joey’s High School State Game on Mr and Mrs Hauser’s phone. Mr Hauser told me he wanted both Hausers to stay. But it was incredibly complicated.

I used to get a paycheck signed by the guy who was the model for Alfred E Neuman. True story.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2021, 12:48:13 AM »
I used to get a paycheck signed by the guy who was the model for Alfred E Neuman. True story.
Lol not sure what that has to do with Marquette Basketball but that is awesome.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2021, 06:31:46 AM »
Izzo is March.

Joey Hauser finished his first season under Tom Izzo with a lower offensive rating despite higher usage and taking a greater percentage of the shots.  He shot 42% from 3 as a frosh at Marquette and 34% from 3 at Michigan State.  He was unplayable on the defensive end, committing 4.9 fouls per 40 minutes versus 3.8 his freshman year at Marquette.  His rebounding improved dramatically but remained a turnover machine.  The regression is damning.
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2021, 07:27:13 AM »
Izzo is March.

Joey Hauser finished his first season under Tom Izzo with a lower offensive rating despite higher usage and taking a greater percentage of the shots.  He shot 42% from 3 as a frosh at Marquette and 34% from 3 at Michigan State.  He was unplayable on the defensive end, committing 4.9 fouls per 40 minutes versus 3.8 his freshman year at Marquette.  His rebounding improved dramatically but remained a turnover machine.  The regression is damning.

More proof that Wojo can't develop players!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2021, 07:30:16 AM »
More proof that Wojo can't develop players!

Wojo’s one silver lining for the Hauser transfer imay be that he can't be blamed for Joey's lack of development.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2021, 07:36:55 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted yet but a pretty bonkers stat that doesn't bode well for Bucky today:

Roy Williams in his coaching career is 29-0 in the first round.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2021, 07:43:06 AM »
Not sure if this has been posted yet but a pretty bonkers stat that doesn't bode well for Bucky today:

Roy Williams in his coaching career is 29-0 in the first round.

Almost as impressive as The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

This stat is the type of stat that if UW-Madison wins, they’ll puff their chests out about for decades

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2021, 07:51:57 AM »
Almost as impressive as The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

This stat is the type of stat that if UW-Madison wins, they’ll puff their chests out about for decades

It's really a perfect storm for them if you think about it.

Win = something to gloat about forever... like when they stopped UK's undefeated season
Lose = couldn't be helped, Roy doesn't lose in the first round, and then 4 or 5 more excuses.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2021, 08:03:00 AM »

Win = something to gloat about forever... like when they stopped UK's undefeated season
Lose = couldn't be helped, Roy doesn't lose in the first round, and then 4 or 5 more excuses.

The gloating at UK fans “38-1” always puzzles me when it didn’t end a title and UK beat them a year earlier as an 8-seed but whatever

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2021, 08:15:24 AM »

Conspiracy against noted good guy and choir boy Brad Davidson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2021, 08:29:49 AM »
Wojo’s one silver lining for the Hauser transfer imay be that he can't be blamed for Joey's lack of development.

You think this will stop that? It's obviously Wojo's residual "de-motivating" tactics that held Joey back this season? Those tactics are so powerful that not even Izzo could overcome them -- though maybe if Izzo tried slapping Joey around, it might do the trick!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2021, 08:31:30 AM »
Izzo is March.

MSU was 3-10 in conference games where Hauser played 20+ minutes.  5-0 when he played less than 20.

He didn't play much last night, but I saw at least twice where he came in, made a bonehead turnover or foul, and immediately come out again.  I greatly enjoyed it.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2021, 08:50:36 AM »
Izzo is March.

Hmmm, maybe playing alongside an all-American PG who simply doesn't miss from deep has its advantages for a slow spot up shooter/back to the basket wide post kind of guy.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2021, 10:35:42 AM »
Bump. First round is under an hour away. Who does everyone have in the FF?

I went with Houston, Gonzaga, Alabama, OSU. Good teams but unique enough that I think I'll win the pool if it happens.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #114 on: March 19, 2021, 10:38:33 AM »
Gonzaga, Florida St., Baylor, Illinois

Boring? Probably.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #115 on: March 19, 2021, 10:41:00 AM »
Izzo is March.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 11:33:54 AM by WarriorPride68 »

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2021, 10:46:16 AM »
Zags, Baylor, Illinois, Alabama

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #117 on: March 19, 2021, 10:48:49 AM »
I think other than maybe Crean, Buzz and Izzo, the coach Badger fans hate most is Roy Williams. I think it stemmed from comments back in 2000 about UW’s style of play.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #118 on: March 19, 2021, 10:51:26 AM »
Gonzaga over Illinois title game, with Alabama and Arkansas rounding out the FF.

I'm pinning my hopes on chalk heavy early rounds to get the lead and hold on with the Zags winning it all.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #119 on: March 19, 2021, 11:00:24 AM »
Gonzaga over Illinois title game, with Alabama and Arkansas rounding out the FF.

I'm pinning my hopes on chalk heavy early rounds to get the lead and hold on with the Zags winning it all.

My one concern with Gonzaga is they have not played anybody in months.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2021, 11:09:51 AM »
MSU was 3-10 in conference games where Hauser played 20+ minutes.  5-0 when he played less than 20.

He didn't play much last night, but I saw at least twice where he came in, made a bonehead turnover or foul, and immediately come out again.  I greatly enjoyed it.

In Joey's defense (no pun intended) that bounce pass he threw to Henry should have been caught.  For some reason he used his left hand.  Now, as for his defense in general?  It's a problem and Izzo nor any other coach may have a solution.  I've said for 2 plus years he cannot guard a chair.  This isn't solvable by letter writing either.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 11:26:19 AM by MuggsyB »

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2021, 11:18:34 AM »
My one concern with Gonzaga is they have not played anybody in months.

Actually part of my strategy is that many people avoid picking Gonzaga winning the title, giving me an edge.

I'm in a small pool of 15-ish, so I might only have to beat 5 or so Gonzaga brackets.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2021, 11:27:11 AM »
Someone forgot to close the blinds at Hinkle

Pops Sims

• Walk-On
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2021, 11:37:19 AM »
The gloating at UK fans “38-1” always puzzles me when it didn’t end a title and UK beat them a year earlier as an 8-seed but whatever

2 Final Fours consecutively is better than whatever the hell our program is doing by employing Wojo for 8 years...just sayin'

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2021, 12:02:05 PM »
2 Final Fours consecutively is better than whatever the hell our program is doing by employing Wojo for 8 years...just sayin'

I don’t disagree.  I’d brag about that more than “38-1”

feedback