[Today at 12:47:04 PM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by Viper
[Today at 12:40:16 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Badgerhater
[Today at 11:58:05 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 10:43:15 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Twilight Saga: Post here if you love it  (Read 21349 times)

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
Re: New Bracketology - Marquette a 5 seed?
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 09:31:38 PM »
I will add this, and I am not going to name a player(s), because that wouldn't be fair to them at this moment, but just know this is NOT the player(s) decision. It also won't be a popular decision, when/if the real reason comes out, and I just hope the person(s), that essentially made this decision will be ready for the firestorm that is certain to ensue. You thought Hiroshima was bad?? Oh boy....

hmmmm, listening to Miles Davis 'kind of blue'

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:45 PM »
Well guru previously stated "MU is now destined to be a SLU" or something to that effect and that did not happen...

In guru's defense he got blasted every time he stated something during the SMU mess. Agree his post was a tease but guru was raked over the coals for posting unpopular comments. Nobody ever wants to hear anything aside from things on here.

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »
INDIANA #1 OVERALL SEED :O

MU82

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 10:02:37 PM »
You see no fault with releasing a bracket in April?  Even before last-minute commitments and transfers are out?

In the journalism biz, it's called a "conversation-starter."

And, obviously, it worked.

It's not meant to be taken seriously. This isn't doing any actual reporting. It's just for fun and, again, conversation.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 11:01:31 PM »
Who the heck really knows?

2012 -- If Otule stays healthy, we're probably a 2 seed with as much depth as we ever had. I don't think we would have lost to Georgetown in Landover, LSU in Baton Rouge or Cincinnati in Cincinnati. God knows, we might have beaten Louisville at MSG.

2013 -- If everyone stays healthy, if Otule is fully back, if Blue continues his progress and if Jamil Wilson reaches his potential, and Juan steps up, we're going to be something to see. But we're one injury away from a bubble slot and two away from the NIT.

I like to think big but weird things happen. Go get 'em Buzz

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2012, 11:03:18 PM »
Best thing about his bracket. If we win the first game, we play the Red Rodent for the Sweet 16.

That's making me excited just thinking about it.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2012, 11:35:06 PM »
I will add this, and I am not going to name a player(s), because that wouldn't be fair to them at this moment, but just know this is NOT the player(s) decision. It also won't be a popular decision, when/if the real reason comes out, and I just hope the person(s), that essentially made this decision will be ready for the firestorm that is certain to ensue. You thought Hiroshima was bad?? Oh boy....

OMG!  Todd Mayo's dad is making him transfer to Indiana.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

strotty

• All American
    • Paint Touches
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 12:10:03 AM »

I'm sincere when I say I appreciate the insight, but what's the point if you don't name sources or POTENTIAL transfers? Seems like you are trying to start a s--tstorm for no reason. You know wild speculation will run rampant, and names of players who will not transfer out will be thrown around, which is not a good thing at all. I'm happy you have information, but being vague beyond vague is an interesting tactic...

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2012, 12:18:05 AM »
All he has to do is state what he heard. At least then he wouldn't be leaving an open ended statement for all of us to debate which player won't be on the team next year for two more pages.

Isn't blind, baseless speculation what we do best?

I'll bet he's talking about DJO being forced out, that videographic evidence was just too damning.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2012, 06:10:59 AM »
I'm sincere when I say I appreciate the insight, but what's the point if you don't name sources or POTENTIAL transfers? Seems like you are trying to start a s--tstorm for no reason. You know wild speculation will run rampant, and names of players who will not transfer out will be thrown around, which is not a good thing at all. I'm happy you have information, but being vague beyond vague is an interesting tactic...

It's a message board. People hear things they don't like, they want to share, but they don't want to lose their source. If suddenly the knowledge they heard becomes completely public, maybe that source won't talk to them in the future. No, he's under no legal obligation as he (presumably) isn't a journalist, but that's just the nature of how an anonymous source works.

Granted, he could be making it up, but it's also possible he isn't. I find it interesting how when BigDaddy had his inside info, most people embraced it without need for further clarification, but when others (like muguru or goose) have theirs, people attack it. Guess it's one of those things where people accept good news without needing a source but don't do the same with bad news.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2012, 06:48:13 AM »
BrewCity
Agreed on your post and not just because you mentioned me. Not sure why anyone would think that someone here most days wants to be the guy with bad news. I would much rather mention great recruiting news or whatever than bad news. Not sure if Muguru is right on his post but I will trust him to proven otherwise.

WarriorInNYC

• All American
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2012, 07:32:44 AM »
In the journalism biz, it's called a "conversation-starter."

And, obviously, it worked.

It's not meant to be taken seriously. This isn't doing any actual reporting. It's just for fun and, again, conversation.

Agree, everyone knows its too early, Lundari himself.  It's just fun to think about during the offseason.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »
If Lunardi's doing such a great job, where's his bracket for the '14 tournament?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2012, 08:13:37 AM »
muguru's info would have fit better in last month's narrative.     Larry and Pilarz tell Buzz that they are going to retroactively punish players with alleged and reported transgressions by booting them.    Buzz gets ticked.   SMU comes calling.    Stakes and voices are raised.   Admin backs down realizing how unseemly it would be to punish for actions that occurred prior to their arrival.    An uneasy detente descends.     Not saying muguru is wrong.   A symbolic expulsion by admin would open the door for Lockett to be added to the incoming class. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »
Tower
Your comments make sense but I still think last months issues are still in play. Obviously things go on behind the scenes and you never know until happens. The school wants and needs to protect its image and that is their concern from what I have heard. I think if guru is right it is sold as a kid wanting to transfer and that is how it is sold. Guru wants facts to come out for fans to be pissed and I would agree. Unfortunately probably not how it happens.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2012, 08:33:09 AM »
Okay, let's see if I have the above quote straight. At least one, and possibly more, MU men's basketball players (either currently on the roster or LOI signers), will be dropped from the team before next season.  Secondly, this action will be a coaching decision based upon basketball-related skills, or lack thereof (as opposed to academic/disciplinary/behavioral matters), and not a voluntary action by the player or players involved. Thirdly, this decision will prove to be wildly unpopular with almost everyone interested in MU basketball, including fans/students/JohnQPublic/university officials.  Well now, when this "inside info" becomes public knowledge, it will certainly call into question the integrity, public reputation and trustworthiness of a number of somebodies or other, no?  Boy, I'm planning to stay tuned, how 'bout you?
I have no information, but I always felt that the reason Buzz was considering leaving (if he even was) was that the AD might be forcing him to get rid of certain players. Therefore, if someone is leaving not by choice, I do not think we can automatically assume it was Buzz's decision.

ibechillindoe

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 08:36:32 AM »
It's a message board. People hear things they don't like, they want to share, but they don't want to lose their source. If suddenly the knowledge they heard becomes completely public, maybe that source won't talk to them in the future. No, he's under no legal obligation as he (presumably) isn't a journalist, but that's just the nature of how an anonymous source works.

Granted, he could be making it up, but it's also possible he isn't. I find it interesting how when BigDaddy had his inside info, most people embraced it without need for further clarification, but when others (like muguru or goose) have theirs, people attack it. Guess it's one of those things where people accept good news without needing a source but don't do the same with bad news.

The difference between Big Daddy and muguru is that Big Daddy named players, and said what was he thought was going to happen. Muguru is instead trying to start debate by not naming the players involved. If muguru listed the players involved without naming sources I would not criticize him. I understand that it is hard to name sources, but the names of players involved should not be a problem.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 09:18:14 AM »
muguru's info would have fit better in last month's narrative.     Larry and Pilarz tell Buzz that they are going to retroactively punish players with alleged and reported transgressions by booting them.    Buzz gets ticked.   SMU comes calling.    Stakes and voices are raised.    Admin backs down realizing how unseemly it would be to punish for actions that occurred prior to their arrival.    An uneasy detente descends.     Not saying muguru is wrong.   A symbolic expulsion by admin would open the door for Lockett to be added to the incoming class. 

You did a good job tower of connecting dots here. Only, it's not "transgression" related. But you are on the right track with the rest of it.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 09:21:11 AM »
The difference between Big Daddy and muguru is that Big Daddy named players, and said what was he thought was going to happen. Muguru is instead trying to start debate by not naming the players involved. If muguru listed the players involved without naming sources I would not criticize him. I understand that it is hard to name sources, but the names of players involved should not be a problem.

Maybe not for you, but maybe it is for muguru. You have no idea under what circumstances he was told a player might be exploring options. Say hypothetically it was DJO (using a graduating senior so it's obviously not that guy). Maybe he knows a coaching staff member that told him DJO is looking into transferring but doesn't want it to be a distraction as he finishes up his studies, so not to mention it. Maybe he's friends with DJO, who told him that he doesn't feel comfortable and is looking to transfer, but doesn't want to answer questions about it for the next month, so please keep it quiet. Maybe he knows someone in administration, who thinks DJO's off-court issues are too much for MU to allow him to continue, but doesn't want to leak information before it's finalized because of the impending crapstorm that would undoubtedly ensue.

None of us have any idea if guru's info is true, but if it is, we also don't know under what circumstances and in what context he gained the information. Maybe he's stirring the pot, but maybe he's trying to be nice enough to prepare us for a blow to the program that may well be coming, but wants to do it in a way that doesn't jeopardize his source.

Honestly, if you were a player that might be looking to transfer or being told to transfer, would you want that to be the only thing you talked about for the next month until school ends? Because as soon as it came out on here, it'd spread like wildfire to the entire campus and people would be asking.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 09:26:49 AM »
You did a good job tower of connecting dots here. Only, it's not "transgression" related. But you are on the right track with the rest of it.

Not "transgression" related?  What, then?  Admission related?  Academics related?  Recruiting rules related?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2012, 09:35:15 AM »
Not "transgression" related?  What, then?  Admission related?  Academics related?  Recruiting rules related?

Yes to one of those.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »
If true, are the players also under interdict to stay off of social media?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2012, 10:09:09 AM »
Madtown
MU could be SLU in a year if things went haywire. I think you have your head in the sand or looking to be difficult. Anytime anyone has a view that you do not agree with you are quick to jab them. Like I said a month ago, if anyone has 100% certain facts that differ from me or other posters please share them. Not one person on here had sources that made guru or I look completely out in left field.

I personally have not been optimistic about anything past this upcming season. Have posted about kids I hope we get but everytime in the back of my mind I am wondering about coaching situation long term. With the talent in area and Buzz's ability to recruit elsewhere we can be force down the road. Have said all along Buzz is my guy and hope he is here a long time.

seinfeld

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2012, 10:15:00 AM »
one player or as many as three

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2012, 10:27:59 AM »
one player or as many as three

All non-transgression related?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

feedback