[Today at 06:46:43 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[May 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: The Twilight Saga: Post here if you love it  (Read 21346 times)

mr.MUskie

• All American
Re: The Twilight Saga: Post here if you love it
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2012, 10:20:39 PM »
If adding value with ones post was a criteria, there might be 5 posts in this whole forum...

He does have a point.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2012, 10:27:50 PM »

He does have a point.

Yea, I admittedly lobbed that one up there for him.

I still maintain that players/Buzz possibly leaving the program are worth discussing on this board.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2012, 10:37:24 PM »
Yea, I admittedly lobbed that one up there for him.

I still maintain that players/Buzz possibly leaving the program are worth discussing on this board.
On the other hand - dark, shadowy, unsubstantiated posts about impending doom...

The post that started it all:
I WAS very optimistic about next year, until.....well let's just say the roster will not look like it does now unfortunately. Be prepared.....
I'm all for concealing your sources, but come on.  There's nothing there.  Why did people run with that and stir up a frenzy?

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2012, 12:06:48 AM »
Why are people so quick to rip muguru over this? Look at the recruiting pattern recently. Buzz is still recruiting shooting guards for next season. I can see Lockett, since it's one year, but MU has been mentioned with several guys at that position. Sure looks to me like he's covering his bases.

We'll find out in a couple weeks how many spots will be open.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2012, 12:19:05 AM »
Why are people so quick to rip muguru over this? Look at the recruiting pattern recently. Buzz is still recruiting shooting guards for next season. I can see Lockett, since it's one year, but MU has been mentioned with several guys at that position. Sure looks to me like he's covering his bases.

Yes, people that are quick to dismiss this have their heads in the sand. Where there's smoke there's fire.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2012, 12:20:45 AM »

muguru can post what he wants.  I think it's wild speculation (especially when he continued on to say it's not basketball or off-court issue related), but maybe he's very well informed and half the team was this close to being forced out.

However, the posters who took that cryptic post and ran with it, treating it like fact and inferring more unsubstantiated rumors from it - that I feel is unnecessary and not valid or particularly helpful to the discussion.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2012, 12:25:22 AM »
Yes, people that are quick to dismiss this have their heads in the sand. Where there's smoke there's fire.
Like that.  Maybe Bocephys is Larry Williams himself, but probably not.  Therefore, all this post does is further the unsubstantiated rumors.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2012, 12:30:27 AM »
Like that.  Maybe Bocephys is Larry Williams himself, but probably not.  Therefore, all this post does is further the unsubstantiated rumors.

Just look at the evidence. We're not typically involved with this many players with only one scholarship open, plus the admin and Buzz are clearly at odds as has been confirmed by every major media outlet. Are you saying its not even comprehensible that something may go down and we lose a few scholarship players before June? I guess I'm just not that naive.

TJ

• All American
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2012, 08:20:20 AM »
Just look at the evidence. We're not typically involved with this many players with only one scholarship open,
From what I remember, Buzz is always recruiting every year, even with no scholarship open.
plus the admin and Buzz are clearly at odds as has been confirmed by every major media outlet.
I think that's a VAST overstatement.  I'd like to see these many confirmations please.  Every major media outlet covers a lot more than a 20 word Jason King blog post.  I'm not saying nothing happened, but it's not as "clear" as you seem to think.
Are you saying its not even comprehensible that something may go down and we lose a few scholarship players before June? I guess I'm just not that naive.
Of course it's possible.  We don't have any reason to think it's all that likely, but it's certainly possible.  As you said, look at the evidence... there's nothing but hearsay and speculation.  For some reason, people love to run with that and make further rumors and speculation.  And then others start saying things like "Where there's smoke there's fire."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:21:59 AM by TJ »

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2012, 08:35:10 AM »

This is true, but is the smoke coming from MU, or from the internet?

A lot of innuendos and rumors get repeated 100x, and then suddenly it becomes "fact". It's like urban legend.