[Today at 09:01:57 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Vander to the NBA draft  (Read 71014 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Rumors of Vander leaving
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2013, 09:56:54 PM »
McGary is from Indiana. Chicos is upset that Crean cooled on him.

I was worried Crean was going to give him Isaiah Thomas jersey number, so we dodged one there.

McGary chose UM over Duke, Florida, Kentucky and UNC. 

IU recruited him for the 2011 class, but McGary reclassified to 2012 and they were already over signed.  He also flunked his junior year of high school and had to repeat the year entirely...not the sharpest bulb (that's why he is at UM  ;D  )

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2013, 09:58:31 PM »
Think Beilein will claim McGary couldn't make a layup when he arrived on campus like Crean did with Bob Jackson?

And yet Bob Jackson still tweeting about his former coach....crazy.  They've all been fooled apparently.  Diener, Bob, Dwyane, Steve, etc...all fooled.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2013, 09:59:55 PM »
Lotta folks were fooled. Not Wes, though.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »
Lotta folks were fooled. Not Wes, though.

Apparently still fooled....per comments last week from some of those same guys.  Hopefully they come to Scoop and the folks here that spent maybe 24 hours with him can set them straight and the minutes, hours, days, months, years they spent with him can be trumped.  That's really our only hope that the national nightmare ends.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2013, 10:03:31 PM »
And yet Bob Jackson still tweeting about his former coach....crazy.  They've all been fooled apparently.  Diener, Bob, Dwyane, Steve, etc...all fooled.
did he leave (in a ridiculous manner) diener, bob, dwyane, steve???

heck, there were rutgers players defending rice this week.  

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2013, 10:04:07 PM »
How tall was Kimba Walker?

Only 6'1, and if I remember correctly he led UConn to a title winning me $200 in my bracket.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2013, 10:04:22 PM »
Apparently still fooled....per comments last week from some of those same guys.  Hopefully they come to Scoop and the folks here that spent maybe 24 hours with him can set them straight and the minutes, hours, days, months, years they spent with him can be trumped.  That's really our only hope that the national nightmare ends.

but you admit he's a prick...so what's your point?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2013, 10:05:27 PM »
Chicos Man, I love you like a brother. But, we ain't never gonna agree on Crean or big men vs guards.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2013, 10:07:27 PM »
but you admit he's a prick...so what's your point?

My point is to you, me, 4ever, etc, he's a prick. To people that give their blood, sweat, tears, and essentially their lives...he has a different appeal.  People need to recognize that.  Haven't you ever had a boss that was just a whale of a douche and then you find out through the grapevine in out of office hours he's practically a saint....donating time, money, etc for causes, etc?   

Lots of people are pricks, lots of those same people are universally loved by those that know them best.  Rather interesting.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
I'd expect a lottery pick to average 15 points per game, not 7.  I'd want to know why he disappeared in half their games this year.  Is it desire?  Lack of it?  Maybe the NBA will engineer the brutal Nebraska, IUPUI, Penn State defense around him to slow him down from his future Hall of Fame career (I'm teasing, I think the kid is good, really good, but he is so inconsistent it's incredible)

Never said he would be a hall of famer, never said he was consistent this year. That's all blah blah, blah. All I said was he's a lottery pick if he comes out. Put up or....

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2013, 10:10:29 PM »
The 12th St. college I attended taught me to judge people by their actions and not by their words. Crean is a constant contradiction. Moreover, he thinks he's fooling everyone.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:13:04 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2013, 10:12:14 PM »
Chicos Man, I love you like a brother. But, we ain't never gonna agree on Crean or big men vs guards.

I think we agree on Crean more than you think.  My point is that those that know him best, actually love him.  Just like most here would say Jim Harbaugh is a prick, many of his players would run through a brick wall for him.  Mike Ditka, etc, etc.  Lots of guys like that.

On big men and guards, you are right...we won't agree.  Guards game, especially the last 20 years. 

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2013, 10:12:34 PM »
My point is to you, me, 4ever, etc, he's a prick. To people that give their blood, sweat, tears, and essentially their lives...he has a different appeal.  People need to recognize that.  Haven't you ever had a boss that was just a whale of a douche and then you find out through the grapevine in out of office hours he's practically a saint....donating time, money, etc for causes, etc?   

Lots of people are pricks, lots of those same people are universally loved by those that know them best.  Rather interesting.
yup...and as a boss...i make sure i'm good to those that i meet for 5 min. and those that i've known for 5 years.  and never would i treat my wife and kids the way i observed him do so.  

rather interesting that the people he seems to associate with are those that can do something for him...then when he doesn't need them any longer he plays them like a wes, dj, or mcneal.  

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2013, 10:13:26 PM »
Never said he would be a hall of famer, never said he was consistent this year. That's all blah blah, blah. All I said was he's a lottery pick if he comes out. Put up or....

That's why I said I was teasing...remember that post a few pages ago where I said you don't read everything and only parts...you said that wasn't the case.

Ahem.

It is the case.

Sure, I'll jump on your bet, even though I'd be stunned if he comes out because he isn't a lottery pick.  But sure, whatever. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2013, 10:13:59 PM »
yup...and as a boss...i make sure i'm good to those that i meet for 5 min. and those that i've known for 5 years.  and never would i treat my wife and kids the way i observed him do so.  

rather interesting that the people he seems to associate with are those that can do something for him...then when he doesn't need them any longer he plays them like a wes, dj, or mcneal.  

His wife and kids, what are you talking about?

Interesting that some of his former players that didn't amount to much in college still associate with him, despite them "not doing anything for him".  People see what they want to see.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2013, 10:15:41 PM »
Referencin' personal observation of Coach Crean at Mequon CC where he was a waiter.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Waryours

• Walk-On
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2013, 10:16:54 PM »
IU recruited him for the 2011 class, but McGary reclassified to 2012 and they were already over signed.  He also flunked his junior year of high school and had to repeat the year entirely...not the sharpest bulb (that's why he is at UM  ;D  )

Susie Lee Weiss just read this and freaked... 

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2013, 10:20:31 PM »
Wife and kids ignoring Dad at 8? That's a shame!

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2013, 10:44:48 PM »
PRN and 4ever need to tone down their acts.  Beyond tacky...  Not to mention simply disgusting.   Moderators, you need to control these two.  All those innuendoes.   ::)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:51:07 PM by Nukem2 »

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2013, 10:48:30 PM »

A semi-tall white guy who only had a few great games and can't make free throws? Not happening.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2013, 10:49:26 PM »

So many people have been beating this drum for so many years here. The guy's a phony with a capital ph in addition to being a douche, but that won't stop a few here from defending him at every turn.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2013, 10:50:22 PM »
For what it's worth, I've heard from two different people in Madison that Vander is leaving.  One that is close to Memorial said that NBA teams have called old HS/ AAU coaches, doing background checks.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2013, 10:54:15 PM »
So many people have been beating this drum for so many years here. The guy's a phony with a capital ph in addition to being a douche, but that won't stop a few here from defending him at every turn.

A lot of douches have done a lot of good things. It's nice to know we're generally on the receiving end of all of his.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:57:49 PM by Aughnanure »
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2013, 10:56:50 PM »
For what it's worth, I've heard from two different people in Madison that Vander is leaving.  One that is close to Memorial said that NBA teams have called old HS/ AAU coaches, doing background checks.

No one should ever leave early w/out a guarantee of being a lottery pick. And no one should even consider leaving unless they are guaranteed a first round pick. I'm sure some teams have called, but that just means they are doing their job.

He has a chance to be a mid 1st round pick next year, possibly better, and it would be foolish to throw that away. Anything less than a 1st round pick would be a disaster for him. Non-guaranteed money is no money.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2013, 11:13:45 PM »
No one should ever leave early w/out a guarantee of being a lottery pick. And no one should even consider leaving unless they are guaranteed a first round pick. I'm sure some teams have called, but that just means they are doing their job.

He has a chance to be a mid 1st round pick next year, possibly better, and it would be foolish to throw that away. Anything less than a 1st round pick would be a disaster for him. Non-guaranteed money is no money.

He should talk to DJO about being a late second round pick and how that works out.