collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280422 times)

Anti-Dentite

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #2100 on: January 15, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
4th and 26 against the Eagles in Philadelphia when a certain Green and Gold team gave up a first down and ultimately lost a trip to the Super Bowl.

This one is on par with that play!
I think close but no cigar, this was a game ender and easily a worse football play. Side note, the guy who caught 4th and 26, Freddy Mitchell was out of football forever at the end of that year never to suit up again.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2101 on: January 15, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »
So the four quarterbacks remaining are Tom Brady, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles and Case Keenum. That's just awesome.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2102 on: January 15, 2018, 09:12:30 AM »
I'm convinced they rehearsed that final play about 10-20 times. Fake football.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2103 on: January 15, 2018, 09:14:22 AM »
So the four quarterbacks remaining are Tom Brady, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles and Case Keenum. That's just awesome.

Three (Journey)Men and a Brady
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2104 on: January 15, 2018, 09:16:57 AM »
I'm convinced they rehearsed that final play about 10-20 times. Fake football.

Williams effed up so perfectly that my buddy is convinced he had money on the game.

"I mean, look at that!" he said as we watched the replay for the bazillionth time. "He stepped aside. He literally moved out of Diggs' way."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2105 on: January 15, 2018, 09:49:32 AM »
Williams effed up so perfectly that my buddy is convinced he had money on the game.

"I mean, look at that!" he said as we watched the replay for the bazillionth time. "He stepped aside. He literally moved out of Diggs' way."

"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2106 on: January 15, 2018, 09:49:51 AM »

There was a great angle of the play that I saw on twitter well after the game. The camera was pretty much right behind Diggs facing Williams and you can actually see him practically diving out of the way.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2107 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »
There was a great angle of the play that I saw on twitter well after the game. The camera was pretty much right behind Diggs facing Williams and you can actually see him practically diving out of the way.

Here's a pretty funny one from in front of Diggs.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #2108 on: January 15, 2018, 09:52:57 AM »
The emotional timeline in my house was: joy, confidence, worry, hope, concern, despair, and dance party.

Is it time to talk about what a class A d-bag Sean Payton continues to be?  Not having his team on the field for the PAT gave us Keenum leading the Skol chant but it is chapter one in the sore losers handbook. 

Huge props to the punter who came out and lined up on D for the play - that showed class.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #2109 on: January 15, 2018, 09:53:57 AM »

The ONLY thing I could see was that he got there too early and wanted to avoid PI. But still, just a horrible play.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #2110 on: January 15, 2018, 09:57:30 AM »
The emotional timeline in my house was: joy, confidence, worry, hope, concern, despair, and dance party.

Is it time to talk about what a class A d-bag Sean Payton continues to be?  Not having his team on the field for the PAT gave us Keenum leading the Skol chant but it is chapter one in the sore losers handbook. 

Huge props to the punter who came out and lined up on D for the play - that showed class.

sore losers???  The game was over, they ran off to the locker room.  They did came back out for the PAT.  What more do you want from them.  I'm not a saints fan, and he does generally seem like an ass, but you're reaching on this one.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2111 on: January 15, 2018, 09:57:46 AM »
Here's a pretty funny one from in front of Diggs.

That may have been the one. By facing Diggs, I meant camera was from the line of scrimmage.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2112 on: January 15, 2018, 10:01:00 AM »

I don't blame the Saints for running off, but not gonna argue about your assessment of Sean Payton. Anytime he loses is a good day.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2113 on: January 15, 2018, 10:13:44 AM »
Between the obviously awful misplay by the DB, the horrendous defensive formation (how do you only have 2 DBs over there with 2 WRs in that situation?), and the blatant neutral zone infraction that went uncalled on the Saints last play prior to their field goal (3rd and 1 with 30-ish seconds left, would've given them a first and 10 at the 25 with each team having 1 timeout left, so instead of 0:25 on the clock after the field goal they could've ran it down to 0:00), something fishy went on last night.

That was wild.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #2114 on: January 15, 2018, 10:15:20 AM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2115 on: January 15, 2018, 10:16:36 AM »

sore losers???  The game was over, they ran off to the locker room.  They did came back out for the PAT.  What more do you want from them.  I'm not a saints fan, and he does generally seem like an ass, but you're reaching on this one.

And eventually they came out.  Actually I thought they showed a class coming out and congratulating the Vikings in the process.

Really the rule is a dumb one.  If the margin is more than two, the offensive team should have the option to not do the PAT.  (Two accounts for a defensive two point conversion possibility.)

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #2116 on: January 15, 2018, 10:35:55 AM »

And eventually they came out.  Actually I thought they showed a class coming out and congratulating the Vikings in the process.

Really the rule is a dumb one.  If the margin is more than two, the offensive team should have the option to not do the PAT.  (Two accounts for a defensive two point conversion possibility.)
100% agree that the rule was a dumb one - but Payton knows the rule.  Classy of the players that came out (again, especially the punter) yes, just poor sportsmanship by Payton.

Imagine if MU lost on a buzzer beater 3 where their player was fouled and the CBB rule was the game could not end until the free throw attempt was made.  Wojo, immediately walks his team into the locker room after the made 3, a minute goes by and the walk-ons come out for the free throw attempt.  Classy by the walk-ons, poor sportsmanship by Wojo

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2117 on: January 15, 2018, 10:40:44 AM »
100% agree that the rule was a dumb one - but Payton knows the rule.  Classy of the players that came out (again, especially the punter) yes, just poor sportsmanship by Payton.

Imagine if MU lost on a buzzer beater 3 where their player was fouled and the CBB rule was the game could not end until the free throw attempt was made.  Wojo, immediately walks his team into the locker room after the made 3, a minute goes by and the walk-ons come out for the free throw attempt.  Classy by the walk-ons, poor sportsmanship by Wojo

If one team was celebrating on the court, the coaches were walking across the court to shake hands, the TV cameras and wires were all over the court, TV people were on the court interviewing one of the teams, the winning team was moving their celebration into their tunnel/locker room, etc. I wouldn't blame Wojo one bit for thinking, "well, I guess that's it, let's get out of here."
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #2118 on: January 15, 2018, 10:43:08 AM »

Neither you nor I have no idea what Payton did or said.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2119 on: January 15, 2018, 10:54:08 AM »

Las Vegas is the reason for the rule.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #2120 on: January 15, 2018, 11:00:07 AM »
Who cares if the Saints choose not to lineup for the PAT? Game doesn't need to stop.  Some bettors would be irate that the Vikings walk in an uncontested 2 pt try to cover but that is it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:07:44 AM by jesmu84 »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2122 on: January 15, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
Between the obviously awful misplay by the DB, the horrendous defensive formation (how do you only have 2 DBs over there with 2 WRs in that situation?), and the blatant neutral zone infraction that went uncalled on the Saints last play prior to their field goal (3rd and 1 with 30-ish seconds left, would've given them a first and 10 at the 25 with each team having 1 timeout left, so instead of 0:25 on the clock after the field goal they could've ran it down to 0:00), something fishy went on last night.

That was wild.

https://twitter.com/SeifertESPN/status/952905529747230721

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #2123 on: January 15, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2124 on: January 15, 2018, 11:10:07 AM »
Could be, but the tie breaker didn't obviously apply here. But, the spread did and this potentially affects the credibility of the game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/vikings-final-kneel-saints-5-5-bettors-celebrating-vegas-015410263.html

Correct. He goes on to say this: https://twitter.com/MikePereira/status/952912691370262529

Apparently, the rule doesn't specify regular season vs playoff games. So they would have to follow the rule in all situations.

Regardless, I don't believe they had to kick it due to vegas. Only because college football doesn't have to kick it.