collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280410 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #1425 on: November 12, 2017, 08:13:26 PM »
Fookin’ Marty caught a ball. Must be dat da seafood in Boston has mysterious rotator cuff heelin’ powers, ai na?
#fraud

So let me get this straight.  Marty was injured and he didn't trust the GB staff, who supposedly told him to play through it.  He wanted to get surgery, and got 3 additional opinions that confirmed it was the best choice. 

He's released.  Goes to NE, and immediately the need for surgery is gone and he is playing ball again...healthy as an ox. 

If I was GB I would also look into tampering charges (NE-cheaters) and recoup the signing bonus.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1426 on: November 12, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »
The fumble out of the end zone touchback is a terrible rule anyway

Now this is absolutely a true statement.  Incredibly dumb rule and this play highlights why.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1427 on: November 12, 2017, 08:15:48 PM »
Thru McKenzie under da bus two. Takin’ da Ryan Braun approach ‘cuz it worked out sew well four ‘im, hey?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:26:32 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1428 on: November 12, 2017, 08:22:05 PM »
Yup.  Lol.

yup, that was a good one, but you forgot the rotf, i can't believe i just wet myself part though
don't...don't don't don't don't

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1429 on: November 12, 2017, 08:57:23 PM »
I just saw the replay having not seen the game live.  Really pretty easy call on the fumble touchback.  In the first replay one can see that the runner remained in bounds and didn't touch the ground until such time as the ball touched the pylon.  Okay, from that set of facts you can deduce that if the runner loses control prior to the ball touching the pylon it's a touchback as using multiple angles to form a composite ruling is allowed.  Clearly he lost control in the cross field view.  There was even a moment where neither hand was on the ball.  Like I said, easy call.

His toe was out of bounds and his knee was down well before he hit the pylon. Yes, the ball was loose in his hands but he was contacting the ball while out of bounds. You're right it was an easy call. Unfortunately, they got it wrong.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1430 on: November 12, 2017, 09:14:17 PM »
His toe was out of bounds and his knee was down well before he hit the pylon. Yes, the ball was loose in his hands but he was contacting the ball while out of bounds. You're right it was an easy call. Unfortunately, they got it wrong.

Life's rough with those Blue and Orange glasses on.  :)

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1431 on: November 12, 2017, 09:16:21 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/john-fox-td-challenge-results-bears-turnover-article-1.3628405

It’s clear as day that his knee is not touching the ground and the ball is already loose. From a different article, even Cunningham apparently admitted it was the right call.

“Cunningham was initially just as shocked as Fox. At first, he believed that his knee hadn’t touched the ground in diving for the pylon, and he didn’t even ponder the idea of a touchback. Later, he admitted in the postgame interview that the replay officials did make the right call.

‘I’m just thinking they’re going to review and overturn it, because I’m feeling like I got in,’ Cunningham said. ‘I’m ready to celebrate and run down and cover a kickoff. But it was unfortunate how it went.’”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1432 on: November 12, 2017, 09:23:27 PM »
Life's rough with those Blue and Orange glasses on.  :)

You apparently need glasses if you can't see that he was OOB and in contact with the ball!

Ohh! Dad joke burn!  ;)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1433 on: November 12, 2017, 09:27:39 PM »
Rumor mill churning that Fox is out, possibly as soon as Monday.

The timing would make sense. He was never really Pace's guy so why not dump him at a low point instead of giving him a chance to win a few down the stretch.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 09:29:32 PM by MerrittsMustache »

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #1434 on: November 12, 2017, 09:38:42 PM »
Rumor mill churning that Fox is out, possibly as soon as Monday.

The timing would make sense. He was never really Pace's guy so why not dump him at a low point instead of giving him a chance to win a few down the stretch.

Wonder if Gase would come back.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #1435 on: November 12, 2017, 09:54:43 PM »
Trubisky - the poor man's Matt Barkley.

This is all kinds of dumb.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1438 on: November 13, 2017, 12:48:07 PM »
Ruh Roh Jerry...

https://www.barstoolsports.com/newyork/the-nfl-owners-reportedly-have-a-plan-in-place-to-force-jerry-jones-to-sell-the-dallas-franchise-if-jones-becomes-a-problem-for-them

Paging Mark Cuban.  Please come to the courtesy phone in Arlington.

Cowboys are worth almost $5B, so he doesn't quite have the juice on his own, but he could easily head up a consortium and kick in 500-1B.  However, he's been outspoken about the NFL's problems so he may stay away.  Unless he feels he has a solution he'd want to push.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1439 on: November 13, 2017, 12:59:24 PM »
Paging Mark Cuban.  Please come to the courtesy phone in Arlington.

Cowboys are worth almost $5B, so he doesn't quite have the juice on his own, but he could easily head up a consortium and kick in 500-1B.  However, he's been outspoken about the NFL's problems so he may stay away.  Unless he feels he has a solution he'd want to push.

Wouldn't it be easier just for him to run for public office

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1441 on: November 13, 2017, 02:15:55 PM »
Jerry can buy a share in the Packers and become a Packers owner for $200!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1442 on: November 13, 2017, 02:36:22 PM »
This won't happen, but the real nuclear option would be for Jerry to somehow start his own league. I have no idea if he or the NFL actually owns the name of the Dallas Cowboys, but if Jerry found a few partners, and was able to retain the name of the Dallas Cowboys, he'd be the one guy/team with the pull to start his own alternative league to the NFL.

It's a billion to one shot, and I have zero knowledge of how it would get to that point or even if it was legally possible, but if someone was going to try to do it, it'd be him.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1443 on: November 13, 2017, 02:46:19 PM »
This supposedly is being posted quite a bit on social media re: the Bears

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1444 on: November 13, 2017, 03:19:13 PM »
Trump to Dallas

The NFL would never, ever allow the Creep to own an NFL team.

Maybe the Lingerie League, so he could strategically place a two-way mirror to watch naked girls shower after the game.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1445 on: November 13, 2017, 11:20:34 PM »
The NFL would never, ever allow the Creep to own an NFL team.

Maybe the Lingerie League, so he could strategically place a two-way mirror to watch naked girls shower after the game.

rocky_warrior
Global Moderator
All American

WTF is wrong with you people?
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1446 on: November 14, 2017, 12:21:13 AM »
Ah, Jay Cutler ... the gift that keeps on giving!

The Panthers had dominated the first half but led only 10-7 when Jay and the Dolphins got the ball on their 20 with 47 seconds left. I was hoping Gase would get greedy and tell his boy to try to put points on the board. Sure enough, that's what they did ... and Cutler made a horrible pass that Kuechly intercepted.

Four plays later, my lads had a 10-point lead. And when the Panthers opened the second half with a 78-yard TD drive, it was all but over.

As is often the case, Cutler's stats looked OK: 22-37-213-2-1. But also as has so often been the case during his mediocre career, that "1" was a killer. And of course, his stats were bolstered by garbage-time yards and a meaningless TD pass.

The Dolphins couldn't stop the Panthers, so my boyz probably would have won even if Cutler had been good. Still, they had a chance to extend several drives but Cutler misfired often on 3rd down. And he can't even blame his line, as they did a good job blocking against a very good Panthers defense.

So I'll just wrap this up by saying:

Thanks, Jay Cutler!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1447 on: November 14, 2017, 07:47:45 AM »
rocky_warrior
Global Moderator
All American

A number of things.  But at least I am allowed in malls in Gadsden.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1448 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:31 AM »
rocky_warrior
Global Moderator
All American

Did you wonder WTF was wrong with the mods when the already multiply-banned chicos was making political posts just yesterday? How about when you were making your political posts?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1449 on: November 14, 2017, 10:48:42 AM »
Did you wonder WTF was wrong with the mods when the already multiply-banned chicos was making political posts just yesterday? How about when you were making your political posts?
That's actually a quote from Rocky as he shut down the UCLA thread because certain folks were making sexual assault about politics.