[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by Nutty
[Today at 11:20:42 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280394 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #1400 on: November 12, 2017, 03:13:07 PM »
The Bears still suck!  Go Packers!

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1401 on: November 12, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »
And the NFL referees, who went and watched the replay and made the call, and I, and 4+ other posters on here, are all wrong and you're absolutely right.

My bad.

We get it.  You're the local NFL expert, worked in the Bears front office, etc.  You're wrong here though.  It's okay, it happens.  But your word isn't Gospel.  You also wanted to put a million dollars down on the Jets having the worst record in the NFL this year and gawked at anybody who even suggested that some horrible teams could take 1 bad injury to one of their few good players and accidentally win 1 or 2 games and be worse.

You're a smart NFL guy.  But your solution to the problem of a team correctly challenging a play but having it burn them as a result as leaving the incorrectly called, challenged play as that incorrect call is absurd and it's confusing why they would ever do that.  Even if MerritsMustache wants to play some passive aggressive crap as a response.  You have it wrong.

I, unlike you, will admit when I'm wrong. I've called myself out multiple times, and put my money where my mouth is by donating to charity when I was wrong.

The former head of officiating said it was a bad call. I don't know what else you want. If you don't like my football thoughts, hit ignore.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1402 on: November 12, 2017, 03:24:17 PM »
I read what he said. I thought he was saying that he was out prior to him fumbling. He was not questioning if the entire play can be reviewed.

That was my take as well.  His opinion was that it was not definitive that he didn't touch the ball with his left foot out of bounds. 

The trained officials on the field determined that the ball hit the pylon before his left foot went out of bounds.  It was close, but my view of it on all the replays was the same.  Ball hit the pylon before any part of his body was out of bounds.

So fumble. 

Blandino did not disagree with them at all for reviewing the entire play. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1403 on: November 12, 2017, 03:29:22 PM »
I, unlike you, will admit when I'm wrong. I've called myself out multiple times, and put my money where my mouth is by donating to charity when I was wrong.

The former head of officiating said it was a bad call. I don't know what else you want. If you don't like my football thoughts, hit ignore.

I have no issue admitting when I'm wrong.  I'm not wrong here.  I'm glad the former head of officials agrees with you.  The current officials on the field and in the replay center that make calls on the field watched the play and disagree with both of you.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1404 on: November 12, 2017, 03:41:41 PM »
I have no issue admitting when I'm wrong.  I'm not wrong here.
;)

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1405 on: November 12, 2017, 03:43:08 PM »

He said it was a bad call, but not for the reason you said it was a bad call that got this conversation started. He simply said Howard should have been called out of bounds before losing possession. Your complaint was that the officials should not have been allowed to rule on possession because that's not what was challenged.

So, you're right that Blandino disagreed with the call, and wrong that his disagreement backs your position.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1406 on: November 12, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »
He said it was a bad call, but not for the reason you said it was a bad call that got this conversation started. He simply said Howard should have been called out of bounds before losing possession. Your complaint was that the officials should not have been allowed to rule on possession because that's not what was challenged.

So, you're right that Blandino disagreed with the call, and wrong that his disagreement backs your position.

I understand, and Sultan is right that you can examine everything on both scoring and non scoring plays. I thought it mattered what Fox challenged specifically, but I was wrong.

However, what I was getting at is if the call on the field was out at the 3, any fumble there after doesn't matter, it's meaningless. If there's not visual evidence to overturn the initial call, then thereafter ceases to have occurred.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1407 on: November 12, 2017, 04:19:40 PM »
I just saw the replay having not seen the game live.  Really pretty easy call on the fumble touchback.  In the first replay one can see that the runner remained in bounds and didn't touch the ground until such time as the ball touched the pylon.  Okay, from that set of facts you can deduce that if the runner loses control prior to the ball touching the pylon it's a touchback as using multiple angles to form a composite ruling is allowed.  Clearly he lost control in the cross field view.  There was even a moment where neither hand was on the ball.  Like I said, easy call. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1408 on: November 12, 2017, 05:01:27 PM »
Lions tried for 3  quarters to get Cleveland their first win.  Pulled away late, but not aesthetically pleasing.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1409 on: November 12, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »
The fumble out of the end zone touchback is a terrible rule anyway

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1410 on: November 12, 2017, 05:13:07 PM »
The fumble out of the end zone touchback is a terrible rule anyway

It truly is. Not only is a team punished for advancing the ball further, but it is punished harshly by losing possession. 

IMO, it should be the offense's ball where the fumble took place, which solves both issues.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1411 on: November 12, 2017, 05:29:03 PM »
I thought Hundley played well. Bears should have kept blitzing, but Hundley made some real nice throws when he had to. Pack o-line deserves game balls.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1412 on: November 12, 2017, 06:50:46 PM »
49'ers out of the owen column.  Any time Jerra's cowboys lose, it is a good day.  That guy has done the impossible.  Made me feel sympathy for the Roger.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1413 on: November 12, 2017, 07:04:07 PM »
49'ers out of the owen column.  Any time Jerra's cowboys lose, it is a good day.  That guy has done the impossible.  Made me feel sympathy for the Roger.

I hope Roger wins this thing, the league will continue to be a shell of itself if he stays in power.  Jerry knows it because he helped build it and he sees what a joke Roger is. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1414 on: November 12, 2017, 07:08:01 PM »
Hey, we agree on something.  Roger is a clown.   I just think Jerra is a bigger one.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1415 on: November 12, 2017, 07:13:01 PM »
Skol Vikings we are the best.

Case was FIRING today.

#ShieldTheNorth
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1416 on: November 12, 2017, 07:27:16 PM »
Who name’s der kid, Case, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1417 on: November 12, 2017, 07:28:40 PM »
Ma and pa Keenum

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1418 on: November 12, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »
Jones voted to extend Goodell's contract in May - all the owners did.  This was after the initial round of protests and TV ratings started to slip.  It was after he laughably executed his power during deflate-gate.  Simply put, Goodell is no different now than he was six months ago.

However it was before Goodell suspended Ezekiel Elliot.  The transparency of Jones' motivations are pretty clear.

And what's funny is that I (and many other here) have been saying he's been incompetent for years.  Dating back before the Ray Rice video issue.

But you know which Scooper was one of his biggest defenders?  Care to guess?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=41989.msg568605#msg568605

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1419 on: November 12, 2017, 07:36:22 PM »
Oh, it is clear that EE is Jerra's inspiration.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1420 on: November 12, 2017, 07:54:37 PM »
Jones voted to extend Goodell's contract in May - all the owners did.  This was after the initial round of protests and TV ratings started to slip.  It was after he laughably executed his power during deflate-gate.  Simply put, Goodell is no different now than he was six months ago.

However it was before Goodell suspended Ezekiel Elliot.  The transparency of Jones' motivations are pretty clear.

And what's funny is that I (and many other here) have been saying he's been incompetent for years.  Dating back before the Ray Rice video issue.

But you know which Scooper was one of his biggest defenders?  Care to guess?

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=41989.msg568605#msg568605

a lot has happened in the almost 4 years since that evaluation was made...A LOT !  there are some here, whom i assume were married and divorced within that time frame-and that was for better or worse eyn"er?so you're gonna hold someone to their word based on a 4 year gap?  what if it came up that rodger dodger and weinersteens were "drinkin buds" ?
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1421 on: November 12, 2017, 07:59:12 PM »
a lot has happened in the almost 4 years since that evaluation was made...A LOT !  there are some here, whom i assume were married and divorced within that time frame-and that was for better or worse eyn"er?so you're gonna hold someone to their word based on a 4 year gap?  what if it came up that rodger dodger and weinersteens were "drinkin buds" ?

I'm sure Chicos is glad that you continuously defend his honor, even though your efforts are misplaced.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1422 on: November 12, 2017, 08:01:15 PM »
4 years ago, whenever you posted, we wondered who the new guy with the grammar problem was.   Now we know.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1423 on: November 12, 2017, 08:03:27 PM »
Fookin’ Marty caught a ball. Must be dat da seafood in Boston has mysterious rotator cuff heelin’ powers, ai na?
#fraud
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:10:10 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1424 on: November 12, 2017, 08:08:17 PM »
4 years ago, whenever you posted, we wondered who the new guy with the grammar problem was.   Now we know.

Yup.  Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback