collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280402 times)

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #1350 on: November 10, 2017, 09:41:19 PM »
here we go with the gang bang...

It's ok Dr. Rocket, I stepped in it and will admit it.  Tried to use Twitter search and failed badly.  Take my lumps admit to the error, which is what it was. 

18 days apparently since he last tweeted about it, but to some that's the reason for the decline.   8-)

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1351 on: November 10, 2017, 09:47:10 PM »
Forgot to add that name-changer who has been banned from Scoop repeatedly keeps harping on the same issues. Also won't account for why the most flag-lovin' sport in the USA and one that has been blessed by the president for its patriotism, NASCAR, has been bleeding ratings for years. Also can't explain why NFL ratings actually are declining less than ratings for TV as a whole.

Why are you denying the response that was provided to you on this? NASCAR has been in decline for 6 straight years.  NFL only the last two years.  MLB baseball, up nationally (not locally, nationally).  MLB world series just scored the second best rating in the last 7 years for baseball.  Why are you comparing NFL to a niche, boring sport like NASCAR where they go around in ovals?  That's been a dog for a long time.

Secondly, you are wrong on the NFL ratings declining less than TV ratings as a whole, which I also provided to you.  NFL ratings are down 23% in the 18-49 demo in the last two years.   Now, if you want to say this year NFL ratings are down less than average television ratings, you would be correct.  But not the last two years where the NFL has been drubbed. Even this year, NBC is doing better than the NFL, CBS is even, ABC and Fox are down more than the NFL.

Finally, since the no politics decree was put into place here, has anyone had more threads started that have been shut down for politics than you? 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1352 on: November 11, 2017, 06:19:08 PM »
Why are you denying the response that was provided to you on this? NASCAR has been in decline for 6 straight years.  NFL only the last two years.  MLB baseball, up nationally (not locally, nationally).  MLB world series just scored the second best rating in the last 7 years for baseball.  Why are you comparing NFL to a niche, boring sport like NASCAR where they go around in ovals?  That's been a dog for a long time.

Secondly, you are wrong on the NFL ratings declining less than TV ratings as a whole, which I also provided to you.  NFL ratings are down 23% in the 18-49 demo in the last two years.   Now, if you want to say this year NFL ratings are down less than average television ratings, you would be correct.  But not the last two years where the NFL has been drubbed. Even this year, NBC is doing better than the NFL, CBS is even, ABC and Fox are down more than the NFL.

Finally, since the no politics decree was put into place here, has anyone had more threads started that have been shut down for politics than you?

Sorry. Can't hear you. You've been banned multiple times.

I wonder how desperate a person would have to be for attention to keep posting on a silly website that has banned him repeatedly. Sad.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1353 on: November 11, 2017, 10:27:04 PM »
Sorry. Can't hear you. You've been banned multiple times.

I wonder how desperate a person would have to be for attention to keep posting on a silly website that has banned him repeatedly. Sad.

if it weren't for some VIPs here, you should be bannerson II.  he has some great insight and opposition research :o that you disagree with.  so you keep on beating the same ole drum as opposed to either putting him on ignore or having the self-control to move on.  either answer to his points in a civil fashion or move on-simple stuff.  give us a break man-there are about 4 or 5 of us, maybe a few more, and the rest of you guys and it seems like we've lost a good one in keefe.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1354 on: November 11, 2017, 10:30:23 PM »
if it weren't for some VIPs here, you should be bannerson II.  he has some great insight and opposition research :o that you disagree with.  so you keep on beating the same ole drum as opposed to either putting him on ignore or having the self-control to move on.  either answer to his points in a civil fashion or move on-simple stuff.  give us a break man-there are about 4 or 5 of us, maybe a few more, and the rest of you guys and it seems like we've lost a good one in keefe.

Even though keefe and I often disagreed on issues, we are friends, and I miss most of his posts here.

keefe also has some self-respect. If he were banned, he wouldn't keep changing his handle to hang around with mopes like you and me! And lastly, unlike chicos, keefe doesn't need either of us to defend him.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1355 on: November 12, 2017, 05:56:37 AM »
Even though keefe and I often disagreed on issues, we are friends, and I miss most of his posts here.

keefe also has some self-respect. If he were banned, he wouldn't keep changing his handle to hang around with mopes like you and me! And lastly, unlike chicos, keefe doesn't need either of us to defend him.

“Self respect”.   Pick the target, freeze it, personalize, polarize it, ridicule is mans most potent weapon.  You are making your cousin Saul proud.  It’s probably best to move on and stop insulting the mods.  Banny  brings to us some nice balance plus some he challenges all of us with stuff.  Ok, jump all over his air ball on the tweeting thing, but Chico’s would have dug in, banny, apologized.  You don’t want banny b/c he threatens you philosophically. 

Time to civilly engage or move on.  I doubt our resident dive bomber would approve of your “mean girl” approach here
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:21:22 AM by rocket surgeon »

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1356 on: November 12, 2017, 06:53:41 AM »
  “Self respect”.   Pick the target, freeze it, personalize, polarize it, ridicule is mans most potent weapon.  You are making your cousin Saul proud.  It’s probably best to move on and stop insulting the mods.  Banny  brings to us some nice balance plus some he challenges all of us with stuff.  Ok, jump all over his air ball on the tweeting thing, but Chico’s would have dug in, banny, apologized.  You don’t want banny b/c he threatens you philosphifically. Time to civilly engage or move on.  I doubt our resident dive bomber would approve of your “mean girl” approach here
Can't speak for 82, but I don't want Banny here because he's an pretty boy who isn't supposed to be here due to, you know, being an pretty boy to so many people multiple times that he was banned.

Also, learn how to spell.  ;D

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1357 on: November 12, 2017, 08:14:24 AM »
  “Self respect”.   Pick the target, freeze it, personalize, polarize it, ridicule is mans most potent weapon.  You are making your cousin Saul proud.  It’s probably best to move on and stop insulting the mods.  Banny  brings to us some nice balance plus some he challenges all of us with stuff.  Ok, jump all over his air ball on the tweeting thing, but Chico’s would have dug in, banny, apologized.  You don’t want banny b/c he threatens you philosphifically. Time to civilly engage or move on.  I doubt our resident dive bomber would approve of your “mean girl” approach here

Here, here✊
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1358 on: November 12, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »
  “Self respect”.   Pick the target, freeze it, personalize, polarize it, ridicule is mans most potent weapon.  You are making your cousin Saul proud.  It’s probably best to move on and stop insulting the mods.  Banny  brings to us some nice balance plus some he challenges all of us with stuff.  Ok, jump all over his air ball on the tweeting thing, but Chico’s would have dug in, banny, apologized.  You don’t want banny b/c he threatens you philosophically. 

Time to civilly engage or move on.  I doubt our resident dive bomber would approve of your “mean girl” approach here

insulting the mods? You're cute.

chicos has made one thing abundantly clear over the years: He is a rule-of-law kind of guy. Well, the law has ruled that he can't post on Scoop any more. And yet he does, pathetically changing his name over and over again for the right to carry on his passive-aggressive, inane postings. He's a rule-of-law lawbreaker!

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1359 on: November 12, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »

chicos has made one thing abundantly clear over the years: He is a rule-of-law kind of guy. Well, the law has ruled that he can't post on Scoop any more. And yet he does, pathetically changing his name over and over again for the right to carry on his passive-aggressive, inane postings. He's a rule-of-law lawbreaker!

life's too short man.  maintain...ignore or maintain and ride the bus

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1360 on: November 12, 2017, 10:11:47 AM »

Hold on...you still think that banny isn't Chicos?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1361 on: November 12, 2017, 10:14:12 AM »
Which (very select few) posters that stand up for Chicolooperbanyman says quite a bit about the guy.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1362 on: November 12, 2017, 10:41:10 AM »

But, but, we are his only "friends".

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1363 on: November 12, 2017, 10:58:09 AM »
So, Bears - Packers.  Thoughts?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1364 on: November 12, 2017, 11:04:01 AM »
So, Bears - Packers.  Thoughts?

The Battle for the Basement

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1365 on: November 12, 2017, 11:05:59 AM »
The Battle for the Basement
Which young quarterback will have more success?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1366 on: November 12, 2017, 11:13:23 AM »
Which young quarterback will have more success?

Mr. Biscuit

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1367 on: November 12, 2017, 11:31:12 AM »
I come for the football but stay for the political banter.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1368 on: November 12, 2017, 12:33:46 PM »

How many political posts have you made in the last 18 months since they were outlawed here?  Is that rule breaking?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1369 on: November 12, 2017, 12:39:51 PM »
So the Packers line up for 4th and 1 at their own 29 yard line. Obviously you’re not snapping the ball there. Everyone in the building and watching the game knows this. There are 4 seconds more on the PLAY clock than there are on the GAME clock. What do the Pack do? Try to draw them offsides and...call a timeout?! Are you freaking kidding me?! Let the quarter end and punt the ball! Baffling how stupid people who literally do nothing else with their lives than football can be in football situations.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1370 on: November 12, 2017, 01:03:20 PM »
That was the greatest challenge I’ve ever seen. Awesome.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1371 on: November 12, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »
That was the greatest challenge I’ve ever seen. Awesome.

My favorite part was Fox yelling at the refs after. I mean he was the one who (quickly) through the challenge flag.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1372 on: November 12, 2017, 01:06:48 PM »
Nice challenge, Bears. They've looked awful enough as it is.

That said, this has been a brutally officiated game, between the PI on Prince, the non-hold call on Nelson on the TD and the no PI call on GB.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1373 on: November 12, 2017, 01:10:43 PM »
Nice challenge, Bears. They've looked awful enough as it is.

That said, this has been a brutally officiated game, between the PI on Prince, the non-hold call on Nelson on the TD and the no PI call on GB.

Refs must be caught up in the mystique of Lambeau Fiel...wait, nevermind.  ::)

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1374 on: November 12, 2017, 01:11:16 PM »
Everything about that challenge play made zero sense. He was clearly out of bounds. Whoever told Fox to challenge that from the booth is an idiot. The challenge itself was for the spot, not the fumble. In terms of the fumble, it's circumstantial to the challenge. If anything, the call should have stood, then McCarthy could have challenged whether or not it was a fumble.

Just dumbness all around, NFL rules make no sense.

feedback