[Today at 04:43:45 PM]

[Paint Touches] Love in the time of the Portal Kombat by tower912
[Today at 01:46:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 01:20:38 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280441 times)

MerrittsMustache

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #1325 on: November 10, 2017, 12:32:46 PM »
It should be an interesting couple of months for the Bears. They're sitting a 3-5 with home games  that they should win against GB, SF and Cleveland plus winnable a road game against the sputtering Bengals. They're not going to win in Philly but I'm not ready to count them out against Detroit (home/away) or at Minnesota. It's hard to imagine the Bears going to the playoffs but this team could conceivably finish 8-8*. If they do, is John Fox still on his way out?

Fox obviously isn't the long-term solution for the Bears but he's actually done a pretty good job, despite how his W-L record looks. I'm not one of the Anti-Foxxers who can't wait to see him go, but I'm also not going to be heart-broken if this is his final season. If the Bears could bring in an offensive-minded HC to lead the "Trubisky Era" (i.e. Pete Carmichael who has ties to Pace from NO) but also keep Vic Fangio as DC (who's in the final year of his contract), that'd be a win-win.

* - admittedly, they could also conceivably finish 5-11

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1326 on: November 10, 2017, 12:35:20 PM »
I'm too dumb to follow this. The Packers cut him due to a torn rotator cuff/labrum because he didn't disclose it to the team, but its not severe enough to keep him from passing his physical with NE?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1327 on: November 10, 2017, 12:50:34 PM »
Torn rotator didn’t stop ‘im from raisin’ his fist. Played like stink. Mofo didn’t wanna compete four da Green and Gold, hey?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:56:31 PM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: November 10, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »
I'm too dumb to follow this. The Packers cut him due to a torn rotator cuff/labrum because he didn't disclose it to the team, but its not severe enough to keep him from passing his physical with NE?

He was essentially 'refusing' to play because of the injury with the Packers.  Hadn't practiced since the first Tuesday back from the bye.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1329 on: November 10, 2017, 01:15:52 PM »
Last 24 hours

Jerry to sue NFL to get Roger's contract stopped.

Media analysts predict NFL TV Ratings to get worse balance of the year.

Bob Costas says NFL in big trouble

POTUS hasn't tweeted a damn thing about NFL in 5 weeks.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1330 on: November 10, 2017, 01:27:22 PM »
Last 24 hours

In just the last 24 hours, Trump hasn't tweeted about the NFL in 5 weeks?!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:51:31 PM by MerrittsMustache »

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: November 10, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »
It should be an interesting couple of months for the Bears. They're sitting a 3-5 with home games  that they should win against GB, SF and Cleveland plus winnable a road game against the sputtering Bengals. They're not going to win in Philly but I'm not ready to count them out against Detroit (home/away) or at Minnesota. It's hard to imagine the Bears going to the playoffs but this team could conceivably finish 8-8*. If they do, is John Fox still on his way out?

Fox obviously isn't the long-term solution for the Bears but he's actually done a pretty good job, despite how his W-L record looks. I'm not one of the Anti-Foxxers who can't wait to see him go, but I'm also not going to be heart-broken if this is his final season. If the Bears could bring in an offensive-minded HC to lead the "Trubisky Era" (i.e. Pete Carmichael who has ties to Pace from NO) but also keep Vic Fangio as DC (who's in the final year of his contract), that'd be a win-win.

* - admittedly, they could also conceivably finish 5-11

I don't see how Fox helps Trubisky's development. Really, that what this franchise is about for the next few years.

Look at what the Rams have done to support Jared Goff (both with coaching & personal).

jesmu84

• All American

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1333 on: November 10, 2017, 02:33:17 PM »
Last 24 hours

Good.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1334 on: November 10, 2017, 02:59:56 PM »
Last 24 hours

Forgot to add that name-changer who has been banned from Scoop repeatedly keeps harping on the same issues. Also won't account for why the most flag-lovin' sport in the USA and one that has been blessed by the president for its patriotism, NASCAR, has been bleeding ratings for years. Also can't explain why NFL ratings actually are declining less than ratings for TV as a whole.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1335 on: November 10, 2017, 03:11:35 PM »
Last 24 hours

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
The NFL has decided that it will not force players to stand for the playing of our National Anthem. Total disrespect for our great country!
5:06 AM - Oct 18, 2017

23 days ago.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
 Oct 23
More
Two dozen NFL players continue to kneel during the National Anthem, showing total disrespect to our Flag & Country.  No leadership in NFL!

18 days ago.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1336 on: November 10, 2017, 03:13:16 PM »
The NFL has decided that it will not force players to stand for the playing of our National Anthem. Total disrespect for our great country!

23 days ago. didn't even look to see if there has been anything since then.

Did anyone else read that tweet in Trump's voice?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1337 on: November 10, 2017, 03:13:43 PM »
Fake facts!
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1338 on: November 10, 2017, 03:15:29 PM »
Did anyone else read that tweet in Trump's voice?

You quoted me before I could edit, but turns out he made it about 2.5 weeks. Counting is hard.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #1339 on: November 10, 2017, 04:04:32 PM »
My buddies and I hardly watch NFL anymore and we all agree our president is a world-class doofus. The games are just unwatchable. It's not complicated.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #1340 on: November 10, 2017, 04:41:31 PM »
The team isn’t going to come out and say it but if there was any doubt on what they thought about Marty, the players’ (and even former players) defense of Dr. McKenzie speaks volumes.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: November 10, 2017, 05:04:47 PM »
And Marty is out there crying now. See ya. And send that check to Oneida St. while your at it.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1342 on: November 10, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »

23 days ago.

@realDonaldTrump
 Oct 23
More
Two dozen NFL players continue to kneel during the National Anthem, showing total disrespect to our Flag & Country.  No leadership in NFL!

18 days ago.

So, like his hero, chicos is a pathological liar. Who knew?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1343 on: November 10, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »

23 days ago.

@realDonaldTrump
 Oct 23
More

18 days ago.

Thank you. I knew it hadn't been 5 weeks, but didn't want to wade through that twitter account
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1344 on: November 10, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
Last 24 hours

and....we're out of coffee ;D ;D ;D
don't...don't don't don't don't

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: November 10, 2017, 06:33:19 PM »

23 days ago.

@realDonaldTrump
 Oct 23
More

18 days ago.

I’m struggling with my math here. Trying to walk through this. Chicolooper says not a damn thing Tweeted in five weeks. I believe(?) there are seven days in a week. So to figure out how many days in 5 weeks I think (?) you’d multiply 7 (days in a week) times 5 (weeks he hasn’t Tweeted a damn thing). By my math that’s...yeah! 18 days! Dang, Chicolooper nailed this one too! He knows everything! 5 weeks, not a damn thing.

This is the kind of math that someone comes up with who invites an out of town stranger over to their house for some beers with the significant others and to hand off some free Disney World tickets to, while the stranger visiting sits on his phone creating an MUScoop account. And a guy who comes on here discussing what a changed man he is and that he doesn’t want to be that person and hence doesn’t even want to be back on Scoop, just wants to apologize because his eyes have been opened by the love of his life. And then a few short months later is right back on Scoop teaching us all his new, superior math system! Or maybe it’s a new calendar system? 3.6 day weeks, super revolutionary stuff.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1346 on: November 10, 2017, 06:38:09 PM »
I’m struggling with my math here. Trying to walk through this. Chicolooper says not a damn thing Tweeted in five weeks. I believe(?) there are seven days in a week. So to figure out how many days in 5 weeks I think (?) you’d multiply 7 (days in a week) times 5 (weeks he hasn’t Tweeted a damn thing). By my math that’s...yeah! 18 days! Dang, Chicolooper nailed this one too! He knows everything! 5 weeks, not a damn thing.

This is the kind of math that someone comes up with who invites an out of town stranger over to their house for some beers with the significant others and to hand off some free Disney World tickets to, while the stranger visiting sits on his phone creating an MUScoop account. And a guy who comes on here discussing what a changed man he is and that he doesn’t want to be that person and hence doesn’t even want to be back on Scoop, just wants to apologize because his eyes have been opened by the love of his life. And then a few short months later is right back on Scoop teaching us all his new, superior math system! Or maybe it’s a new calendar system? 3.6 day weeks, super revolutionary stuff.

here we go with the gang bang...
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1347 on: November 10, 2017, 06:42:08 PM »
It is hurtful to point out obvious, blatant, easily checked mistakes.  Nobody likes to be called wrong when they are wrong.  Shame!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:47:51 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1348 on: November 10, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »

Oh the irony.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1349 on: November 10, 2017, 07:02:39 PM »

Don't befriend a liar and your friend won't get attacked for lying.