collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 09:11:02 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:05:25 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 07:24:03 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280365 times)

MUBurrow

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #1225 on: November 07, 2017, 09:17:05 AM »
Why don't you ask the veterans that feel disrespected.  That's all that matters.   You can find many vets that support the protests and many that say it is disrespectful.  It all comes down to how each individual feels, that's what ultimately matters in this.

Good. Glad we cleared that up. Out of intellectual consistency, I expect that you will have no counterargument to "if someone feels disrespected, that's all that matters" when discussing social issues on this board.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1226 on: November 07, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »

Man, I’ve agree with Jock and Grumpy 2 daze in a row. Watts wrong here, hey?

Knock it off.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1227 on: November 07, 2017, 09:55:06 AM »
I think the Packers should part ways with Ted Thompson and seek the next solution as GM.  John Dorsey would be my choice.  Then let the new GM make decisions about the coaching staff.

Would love Dorsey.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1228 on: November 07, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
I think the Packers should part ways with Ted Thompson and seek the next solution as GM.  John Dorsey would be my choice.  Then let the new GM make decisions about the coaching staff.

Dorsey would be fine, but I would prefer Schneider. The difference between he and TT is stunning.

Ted has built a Cleveland-like franchise around ARod. I am not impressed.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1229 on: November 07, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »
A truly stunning stat in the MJS today.

Thompson has not drafted an offensive player at a skill position in the top 50 picks in the draft in 9 years. So, without AROD, last night is what we get. Cleveland or SF type talent on offense.

And it doesn't matter who they have on 'D', cuz Capers is always 3 plays behind the other team's OC.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1230 on: November 07, 2017, 10:39:27 AM »
Why don't you ask the veterans that feel disrespected.  That's all that matters.   You can find many vets that support the protests and many that say it is disrespectful.  It all comes down to how each individual feels, that's what ultimately matters in this.

The players can say it isn't about the flag (even though Kapaernick said he would not respect the flag or country, his words) and isn't about the military, but if some in the military think it is, then it is for them.  For others in the military, it isn't an issue.

Perfect. For some American Indians, the Redskins symbol is racist. For others - and of course for you - it is not.

Ipso fatso, "That's all that matters." It's racist!

Oh ... and you can't respond to this because you have been banned multiple times. I thought you were against lawless societies.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBBau

• Team Captain
« Reply #1231 on: November 07, 2017, 10:58:37 AM »

Thompson has not drafted an offensive player at a skill position in the top 50 picks in the draft in 9 years.

How many picks in the top 50 have the Packers had total the last 9 years?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1232 on: November 07, 2017, 11:09:00 AM »
Good. Glad we cleared that up. Out of intellectual consistency, I expect that you will have no counterargument to "if someone feels disrespected, that's all that matters" when discussing social issues on this board.

Right. Native Americans, African Americans, other groups. If they feel disrespected by an action, that's all that matters.

I assume he'll be consistent about this standard across the board

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1233 on: November 07, 2017, 11:19:24 AM »
With Hundley starting all year they’re fighting for the first overall pick with the 9ers and Brownies.

As a Browns fan, it depresses me that I can confidently say the Packers have no chance to win this particular battle...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1234 on: November 07, 2017, 11:31:21 AM »
Dorsey would be fine, but I would prefer Schneider. The difference between he and TT is stunning.

Ted has built a Cleveland-like franchise around ARod. I am not impressed.

Don't go all hyperbolic.  Thompson built a Super Bowl champion out of the salary cap mess left by Mike Sherman.  They were in the NFC Championship game as soon as last year. 

I think it is time for him to go, but he deserves proper recognition for what he has accomplished.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1235 on: November 07, 2017, 11:33:36 AM »
How many picks in the top 50 have the Packers had total the last 9 years?

11.  They also had 4 more in the 51-60 range and only 1 was used on a skill player - Adams.

That is why the offense - minus ARod - is among the most anemic in the league.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1236 on: November 07, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »
You mean to tell me that when a team is built around an MVP-caliber QB and that QB gets injured and is replaced by an inexperienced 5th Round Pick, the team suffers? Who saw that one coming?  ::)

With a healthy Aaron Rodgers, GB is one of the best teams in the NFL. Without him, they're far from it. The same can be said for the Pats and Brady, the Eagles and Wentz, the Steelers and Ben, etc. If Aaron Rodgers was on the Bears, they'd be among the best teams in the league, despite their awful receiving corps. A great QB makes up for a huge amount of deficiencies.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1237 on: November 07, 2017, 12:26:40 PM »

Don't go all hyperbolic.  Thompson built a Super Bowl champion out of the salary cap mess left by Mike Sherman.  They were in the NFC Championship game as soon as last year. 

I think it is time for him to go, but he deserves proper recognition for what he has accomplished.

The great QBs always make their teams a contender.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1238 on: November 07, 2017, 12:45:01 PM »
Can we finally talk about how Mike McCarthy isn't the offensive genius that he gets all the praise for?

Team is a dumpster fire, and I hope they lose out.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1239 on: November 07, 2017, 12:51:10 PM »
You mean to tell me that when a team is built around an MVP-caliber QB and that QB gets injured and is replaced by an inexperienced 5th Round Pick, the team suffers? Who saw that one coming?  ::)

With a healthy Aaron Rodgers, GB is one of the best teams in the NFL. Without him, they're far from it. The same can be said for the Pats and Brady, the Eagles and Wentz, the Steelers and Ben, etc. If Aaron Rodgers was on the Bears, they'd be among the best teams in the league, despite their awful receiving corps. A great QB makes up for a huge amount of deficiencies.

Except the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassell who did absolutely nothing outside of New England
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1240 on: November 07, 2017, 12:51:29 PM »
11.  They also had 4 more in the 51-60 range and only 1 was used on a skill player - Adams.

That is why the offense - minus ARod - is among the most anemic in the league.

Adams had a chance to lay out and make a big diving catch last night. Instead, he lamely reached for the ball with one hand; it bounced off his one hand and fell to the turf. Nice effort there. Way to help the young QB.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1241 on: November 07, 2017, 12:53:44 PM »
Can we finally talk about how Mike McCarthy isn't the offensive genius that he gets all the praise for?

Team is a dumpster fire, and I hope they lose out.

I will support this viewpoint....very interesting that when the offense is taken out of MM's hands (two minute/hurry-up) it seems to operate just a little bit better. In fact the best drives last night were in the hurry-up. I think Hundley is a capable back-up, I think the issue is MM's unwillingness to unleash an offense that works for him and all the youth on defense.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1242 on: November 07, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »
Adams had a chance to lay out and make a big diving catch last night. Instead, he lamely reached for the ball with one hand; it bounced off his one hand and fell to the turf. Nice effort there. Way to help the young QB.

I wasn't able to watch the game last night, but I don't think Adams is a guy you have to worry about in terms of effort.  The guy looked like he might've died on the field earlier this season, spent the night in the hospital, and 10 days later scored two touchdowns, including the game winner, in Dallas.  If anybody from the Packers deserves to get paid this offseason, it's Davante Adams.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1243 on: November 07, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »
Except the Patriots went 11-5 with Matt Cassell who did absolutely nothing outside of New England

OK. That's one example and NE didn't even make the Playoffs that season. How many more ya got?

Also, Cassel went 10-5 as a starter in 2008 and led KC to the Playoffs by throwing 27 TDs and 7 INTs in a Pro Bowl season.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1244 on: November 07, 2017, 01:39:41 PM »
The great QBs always make their teams a contender.

Andrew Luck would flip you off, but he can't lift up his arm.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #1245 on: November 07, 2017, 01:41:18 PM »

You are correct.  Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy aren't as good as the people running the best franchise of the past 15 years.  They should be fired, their dogs killed and their lawns salted.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1246 on: November 07, 2017, 01:47:22 PM »

Andrew Luck would flip you off, but he can't lift up his arm.

He can, but his brain won't let him. Allegedly.

If Andrew luck is a Colt next year, I'd be shocked

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1247 on: November 07, 2017, 01:51:58 PM »
Something I knew already - but looked it up to get the actual numbers:

The Packers have forced fewer punts than any team in the NFL. One of the best measures of ineptitude on defense.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #1248 on: November 07, 2017, 01:58:13 PM »
OK. That's one example and NE didn't even make the Playoffs that season. How many more ya got?

Also, Cassel went 10-5 as a starter in 2008 and led KC to the Playoffs by throwing 27 TDs and 7 INTs in a Pro Bowl season.

The Vikings look like they may be headed to the playoffs with Case Keenum....

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1249 on: November 07, 2017, 02:00:56 PM »
The Vikings look like they may be headed to the playoffs with Case Keenum....

Were the Vikings built around an MVP-caliber QB?