collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280415 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #1125 on: October 29, 2017, 11:04:25 PM »
Part of the reason I got on the Jags & Panthers for taking RB's in the top 10 was case in point with the Jags.

I allow that you very well might be right about taking RBs so high. McCaffrey has been a good pass-catcher out of the backfield for the Panthers but his overall impact on the offense has been negligible. And yes, they very well might have been able to get somebody as good later.

IIRC, the disagreement that we had was that you said teams wouldn't take RBs that high.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1126 on: October 29, 2017, 11:23:31 PM »
I allow that you very well might be right about taking RBs so high. McCaffrey has been a good pass-catcher out of the backfield for the Panthers but his overall impact on the offense has been negligible. And yes, they very well might have been able to get somebody as good later.

IIRC, the disagreement that we had was that you said teams wouldn't take RBs that high.

Yes, I was wrong. I both thought they shouldn't take them that high, and didn't think they would. I just look at the Jags and think if they had a good QB, they'd be so close. Fournette has been great, but I can't see Bortles winning a game in January.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1127 on: October 30, 2017, 07:00:09 AM »
That was really uncalled for tower-Chico’s experienced a very tragic loss, tried to make amends to whoever was offended by him.  For you to re-open that very personal wound was cruel to say the least.  Your sarcasm, as it comes across here, hit me right in the chest.   I guess I expected a little more from you, but not as much from our bloke overseas. 

For you guys to continue to accuse Chico’s of being combativly argumentative in a negative way is dishonest.  The bottom line is he provides a viewpoint many of you disagree with-fine, but leave out the character assinations please and just move on or put him on ignore.   He has provided some great references to the topics discussed here and some alternative perspectives at that.

Ok, now unleash the, but you said...context people, context.
Thank you.  I believed his contrition at the time.   And I still believe he meant it.  That he has now returned to his previous ways is a sign of healing.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 07:02:37 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1128 on: October 30, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »
Thank you.  I believed his contrition at the time.   And I still believe he meant it.  That he has now returned to his previous ways is a sign of healing.

Ok, I realize this is way off topic but the subject of Chico’s continues to come up, but to resurrect his moment, a very very emotional one at that, is like going for the jugular; it just takes the wind out of ya.

It’ll be interesting to watch how the nfl rules on that bears touchdown pass.  Combine that one with Detroit’s a week or so ago and it might be time to check some bank records ;D

Now, back to Chico’s, with the exception of him returning under other guises despite being banned is really a tribute to this blog and how it could be.  It really is a great venue of mostly MU peeps.  Compared to most, we do try to police each other and reign it in.  The way I see it is so many people couldn’t handle Chico’s opposition counterpoints, especially if it veered political.  He is not repub or dem, he is honestly for the truth.  But when that goes against some here, the pack comes out and tries to back him(as well as others) into a corner.  Well, what do most do in this instance?  They fight back.  Then the vitriol starts flying and it’s usually the guy throwing the second punch who gets nailed.  As for the “ban hammer” I had a hard time with that as there have been others who by the same standards should have had the same.  Chico’s didnt get personal to the point of throwing obscenities at others like one under paid attorney whose posts were the most cringe-worthy

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with others here, but so many times it gets personal.  Much of that is a carry-over from the politics section.  Like a golfer, we must have short memories in order to converse here or don’t converse at all.  If one were to put their bias blinders on, Chico’s post, although provocative, represented a nice opposition to others and that is what we want on a healthy board even though many of us, myself included, have veered toward the personal on occasion.  As long as that is recognized and corrected, no harm, no foul  Eyn’er?

Ya have to admit however that 4/5 posts have been very informative from his perspective to say the least. Not only have his posts been tame, but he has backed off many challenges to his opinions and his person. I do think we can all be the good people that MU espoused,  while exhibiting some push back without getting personal.  Show me any other blog that can be half as civil as this one

Sorry-I just saw this getting a little out of hand, now back to our regularly scheduled shows
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1129 on: October 30, 2017, 10:46:30 AM »
RS, I disagree with your assessment of causality.  These attitudes did not form in a vacuum.  There is a reason for the bannings.  Personal attacks.  There was a reason he felt he needed to apologize during his heartbreak.  There is a common, unifying theme and only a small part of it is politics.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TinyTimsLittleBrother

• Starter
« Reply #1130 on: October 30, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »
Ok, I realize this is way off topic but the subject of Chico’s continues to come up, but to resurrect his moment, a very very emotional one at that, is like going for the jugular; it just takes the wind out of ya.

It’ll be interesting to watch how the nfl rules on that bears touchdown pass.  Combine that one with Detroit’s a week or so ago and it might be time to check some bank records ;D

Now, back to Chico’s, with the exception of him returning under other guises despite being banned is really a tribute to this blog and how it could be.  It really is a great venue of mostly MU peeps.  Compared to most, we do try to police each other and reign it in.  The way I see it is so many people couldn’t handle Chico’s opposition counterpoints, especially if it veered political.  He is not repub or dem, he is honestly for the truth.  But when that goes against some here, the pack comes out and tries to back him(as well as others) into a corner.  Well, what do most do in this instance?  They fight back.  Then the vitriol starts flying and it’s usually the guy throwing the second punch who gets nailed.  As for the “ban hammer” I had a hard time with that as there have been others who by the same standards should have had the same.  Chico’s didnt get personal to the point of throwing obscenities at others like one under paid attorney whose posts were the most cringe-worthy

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with others here, but so many times it gets personal.  Much of that is a carry-over from the politics section.  Like a golfer, we must have short memories in order to converse here or don’t converse at all.  If one were to put their bias blinders on, Chico’s post, although provocative, represented a nice opposition to others and that is what we want on a healthy board even though many of us, myself included, have veered toward the personal on occasion.  As long as that is recognized and corrected, no harm, no foul  Eyn’er?

Ya have to admit however that 4/5 posts have been very informative from his perspective to say the least. Not only have his posts been tame, but he has backed off many challenges to his opinions and his person. I do think we can all be the good people that MU espoused,  while exhibiting some push back without getting personal.  Show me any other blog that can be half as civil as this one

Sorry-I just saw this getting a little out of hand, now back to our regularly scheduled shows

GMAFB.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1131 on: October 30, 2017, 11:04:36 AM »
Has chicoloops' 16th personality suddenly been outed here or...?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1132 on: October 30, 2017, 11:47:06 AM »
Has chicoloops' 16th personality suddenly been outed here or...?

Certainly seems that way

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: October 30, 2017, 11:54:59 AM »
RS is not one of CBB's aliases.  He is a facebook friend.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1134 on: October 30, 2017, 01:15:45 PM »
In actual football related discussion, the Lion's showed themselves to be pretenders last night.  Should have run a QB sneak from the one.   Nearly 500 yards in total offense, 15 points.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 01:41:30 PM by tower912 »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1135 on: October 30, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »
In actual football related discussion, the Lion's showed themselves to be pretenders last night.  Should have run a QB sneak from the one.   Nearly 500 yards if total offense, 15 points.
Tho Prater is the only thing holding my fantasy team together after losing Rodgers, so take solace in that :)

A tangent, I am so mad about how craptacular the NFC North is. The 6-2 Vikings have to be the most garbage 6-2 ever. A health Rodgers and the division would have been wrapped up by the end of November. Terrible.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1136 on: October 30, 2017, 05:19:23 PM »
In actual football related discussion, the Lion's showed themselves to be pretenders last night.  Should have run a QB sneak from the one.   Nearly 500 yards in total offense, 15 points.

Or how about the draw on 3rd and goal from about the 4-5.  Just baffling stuff in the Red Zone from them.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1137 on: October 30, 2017, 07:15:09 PM »

All I'll say is that Banny is very lucky to have a friend like you. Everybody needs one of 'em.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1138 on: October 30, 2017, 09:17:31 PM »
Jimmy G from Pats to niners for a 2nd round pick. Niners didn't think they'd get a good QB at top of first round?

Pats have no other QBs on roster. I hope they sign Kap. That would be a total belicheck move

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1139 on: October 30, 2017, 09:22:46 PM »
Kapernick to da Patriots. Oh da irony, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1140 on: October 30, 2017, 09:24:08 PM »
Jimmy G from Pats to niners for a 2nd round pick. Niners didn't think they'd get a good QB at top of first round?

Pats have no other QBs on roster. I hope they sign Kap. That would be a total belicheck move

With baseball season being over for most, Tebow may be available to finish the year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1141 on: October 30, 2017, 09:45:01 PM »
Word is that Niners are gonna release Hoyer and the Pats will then sign him to be Brady's backup.

Belichick did take a flyer on Tebow and also got Randy Moss, so he's not afraid of either the circus or controversy. But Belichick and Kraft are both big Trump supporters, so I'd guess Kaep was never even considered.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1142 on: October 31, 2017, 10:55:09 AM »
Dammit Dolphins. I don't think Ajayi would be the difference between the playoffs and not again, but I just don't see the upside of trading him for a 4th rounder today. Could have gotten that for him in the offseason, too. Gase must think its addition by subtraction, but I don't see how the offense gets any better without him, and with Landry in the final year of his deal, its kind of a kick in the nuts if they trade Ajayi, miss the playoffs, and then lose Landry to FA without getting anything for him.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1143 on: October 31, 2017, 01:04:30 PM »
Pereira and Blandino have both stated that had Zach Miller's non-catch been ruled incomplete on the field, they would have overturned it to be a completion/TD based on the replays. That's a problem.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1144 on: November 01, 2017, 11:49:21 PM »
MU82, is this one of underdogs you speak of?  The everyday Joe that can't get ahead?  His take on NFL.  http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/fox-reporter-peter-schrager-kicked-out-cab-nfl-anthem-protests-rating-indianapolis

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1145 on: November 02, 2017, 12:17:04 AM »
MU82, is this one of underdogs you speak of?  The everyday Joe that can't get ahead?  His take on NFL.  http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/10/fox-reporter-peter-schrager-kicked-out-cab-nfl-anthem-protests-rating-indianapolis

OMG! Another chicas re-iteration.

Desperation is the 1st word that comes to mind.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1146 on: November 02, 2017, 04:27:21 PM »
An awful NFL season gets worse with Watson tearing his ACL.

The number of mega stars out for the year is uncanny.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: November 02, 2017, 04:55:24 PM »

Texans owner has signed off on a kapernick workout. Please, please, please.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1148 on: November 02, 2017, 05:31:46 PM »

Houston didnt even get to our Astros parade before the balloon pops on the ACL loss of Watson....Durn the twists of luck.

Even if you are not a fan of the teams.... losing the likes of Rodgers and Watson diminishes the enjoyment of watching great QB play, the lynch pin of the NFL game
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1149 on: November 02, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »
Houston didnt even get to our Astros parade before the balloon pops on the ACL loss of Watson....Durn the twists of luck.

Even if you are not a fan of the teams.... losing the likes of Rodgers and Watson diminishes the enjoyment of watching great QB play, the lynch pin of the NFL game

Rodgers, Luck, Tannehill, Watson, Cook, Odell, Watt, Palmer, David Johnson, etc

Lots of missing stars this year so far

feedback