collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280387 times)

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #1100 on: October 29, 2017, 04:31:34 PM »
“We can’t have the inmates run the jail.” I’m not sure I’ve ever heard that figure of speech before this past week. Even if “all it is” is a figure of speech, given the initial “cause” for the protests, that would be one of the worst figures of speech you could’ve possibly used there. The guy deserves all the backlash and more that he gets for being stupid enough to use those words in this situation.

I was all on board for Kaepernick’s “protest” being stupid and ineffective, but between the Commander in Tweet being unable to close his mouth and now this guy using those words, the problem is showing through and through just based on the reactions by the rich white males.

It's a good thing the players aren't saying stupid things, like playing for million paychecks is the same thing as slavery.   Oh wait

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/michael-bennett-thinks-being-a-millionaire-nfl-player-is-similar-to-slavery/

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1101 on: October 29, 2017, 04:33:08 PM »
So you can’t be treated unfairly if you make millions of dollars?

So it's ok for the players to call the owners slave masters?  Is that being treated unfairly?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1102 on: October 29, 2017, 04:35:34 PM »
It's a good thing the players aren't saying stupid things, like playing for million paychecks is the same thing as slavery.   Oh wait

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/19/michael-bennett-thinks-being-a-millionaire-nfl-player-is-similar-to-slavery/

So it's ok for the players to call the owners slave masters?  Is that being treated unfairly?

Which has literally nothing to do with what I was talking about. But classic Chicolooper. The rich white man makes an embarrassingly stupid statement so let’s find a case of an African American saying something somewhat stupid and say, “Hey, it’s all good for the rich white man to say what he said, the rich black man said something else.”

Sad.

But, since you bring it up, it appears Bennett isn’t all that far off. I guess those owners don’t think of the players as slaves, “just” as inmates. This case kind of just proved his point. So you, the persecuted white man you always point out that you are, just brought attention to something that seemed stupid at the time, but...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 05:01:28 PM by QuentinsWorld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1103 on: October 29, 2017, 04:52:23 PM »
Which has literally nothing to do with what I was talking about. But classic Chicolooper. The rich white man makes an embarrassingly stupid statement so let’s find a case of an African American saying something somewhat stupid and say, “Hey, it’s all good for the rich white man to say what he said, the rich black man said something else.”

Sad.

But, since you bring it up, it appears Bennett isn’t all that far off. I guess those owners don’t think of the players as slaves, just as inmates. This case kind of just proved his point. So you, the persecuted white man you always point out that you are, “just” brought attention to something that seemed stupid at the time, but...

This. Of course.

Banny McBannerson, who shouldn't even be allowed on this board, will look for every possible defense of rich, white people. He loves the overdog! It is more predictable than the sun setting each day.

Other great posts: The one showing that NFL ratings are not going down as much as TV prime-time ratings overall; and, especially, the one showing that the VAST majority of Americans disapproved of Trump's inane and ridiculous handling of the NFL protests.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1104 on: October 29, 2017, 04:56:35 PM »
The previous chief of my department said words to the effect that firefighters are lazy and responding to alarms is the least important thing we do.    This after reducing staffing by 25% while alarms increased by 25%    Trust was broken.    No words spoken by the chief during the remainder of their tenure were trusted or believed.  Every memo, every policy, every meeting, was treated with distrust and disdain.   As far as we were concerned, the chief basically ceased to exist.    A grad student did a survey during the last 6 months of that chief's tenure that showed 96% of the department did not trust the chief.    And this chief had been promoted from within, once served by our side.   
     This is a long way of saying that the Houston owner has now lost the trust of his team.    He still pays them,  but he no longer has their respect.     And it will take years to regain it, if he is lucky.     And more than likely, they are going to keep up their protest and he will eventually say something else stupid.     Which will only escalate the divide.    From experience, they are now playing for each other and will warn others thinking about coming to Houston to stay away.
    Which, in the end, is ok with me.   I won't miss the NFL when it is gone.   
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:45:50 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1105 on: October 29, 2017, 05:23:34 PM »
All but 10 of the Texans took a knee today. Good.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1106 on: October 29, 2017, 07:10:29 PM »
All but 10 of the Texans took a knee today. Good.

Loved watching them lose!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1107 on: October 29, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »
Loved watching them lose!

You’re used to watching teams you love lose!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1108 on: October 29, 2017, 07:16:09 PM »
You’re used to watching teams you love lose!

6-2. Holla
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1109 on: October 29, 2017, 07:46:38 PM »
6-2. Holla

Kind of like when they were 5-0 just one short year ago. That turned out great.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1110 on: October 29, 2017, 08:13:19 PM »
Bears are gonna have many years of regret for screwing up the QB pick in the draft.

And Houston really lucked out.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1111 on: October 29, 2017, 08:18:17 PM »

Sad.

But, since you bring it up, it appears Bennett isn’t all that far off. I guess those owners don’t think of the players as slaves, “just” as inmates. This case kind of just proved his point. So you, the persecuted white man you always point out that you are, just brought attention to something that seemed stupid at the time, but...

It is sad, for anyone to suggest Bennett isn't that far off to compare Dred Scott and slavery to anything remotely of that a NFL player deals with.  Agree, incredibly sad and stupid for him to make that comparison.  Anyone that suggests he isn't that far off flunked history or is willfully ignoring it.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1112 on: October 29, 2017, 08:24:23 PM »
It is sad, for anyone to suggest Bennett isn't that far off to compare Dred Scott and slavery to anything remotely of that a NFL player deals with.  Agree, incredibly sad and stupid for him to make that comparison.  Anyone that suggests he isn't that far off flunked history or is willfully ignoring it.

Hmm.  Seems like if you actually read his quote he says right there for you that the owners "see you as a piece of property."  Which, again, given that we just had an owner himself say the players were "inmates," that, to me, isn't that far off.

I know you're a superior human being on all levels than me, especially your superior intelligence on...well, everything, as you are to everyone you've ever come across, and I'm sorry you have been so prosecuted all your live as an entitled white male, but there are issues out there that people other than rich white males like yourself face.  Tough pill to swallow, I know, you've had it really, really rough as a rich white male.  But it's true.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1113 on: October 29, 2017, 08:29:44 PM »

FFS - don't ruin this thread too.  this rebuttal to your POV should be all any MU grad needs..

http://dailycaller.com/about-us/

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #1114 on: October 29, 2017, 08:36:37 PM »

Other great posts: The one showing that NFL ratings are not going down as much as TV prime-time ratings overall; and, especially, the one showing that the VAST majority of Americans disapproved of Trump's inane and ridiculous handling of the NFL protests.

Vast majority? Can you define vast for us all?   You still believe in polls that tie to this President? I don't because they have been proven wrong so many times. I hate the man, but he keeps surviving. What most polls showed is they disapproved of his comments and also the protests, but polls with him are usually out of whack.

TV Ratings vs Prime Time TV ratings, care to explain why attendance and no-shows are so impacted this year?  Just a coincidence?
 Just a coincidence that Direct TV was in the Wall Street Journal having to refund so many customers?   
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:46:28 AM by rocky_warrior »

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1115 on: October 29, 2017, 09:01:06 PM »
Vast ......... customers?   
Scoopers:  you're not going to be 'that guy' and continue to ruin threads by being argumentative, elitist, antagonistic, or a jerk are you?
Chicos:  absolutely not!  I understand moderation.
also Chicos: here's a bunch of alt-right stuff and i'm convinced i'm not the one who started this.

Mia Culpa on perpetuating this.........my Cleveland Brown wife and I (Apple Valley/Burnsville) had a great morning with a HUGE buffet where: a) our kids had no idea who to root for, b) Vikings shortcomings were exposed in the first half, c) they righted the ship and are 6-2, and d) were able to do the lawn and catch 3 kids games.  i say bring on an NFL team in Europe
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:14:46 PM by semirG »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1116 on: October 29, 2017, 09:11:42 PM »
Scoopers:  you're not going to be 'that guy' and continue to ruin threads by being argumentative, elitist, antagonistic, or a jerk are you?
Chicos:  absolutely not!  I understand moderation.
also Chicos: here's a bunch of alt-right stuff and i'm convinced i'm not the one who started this.

Naw man, skip the first step and the stuff about moderation. It was about not wanting to be on Scoop because the love of his life, a different person than his wife, opened his eyes up to more important things in life.

And like 4 months later he was back to being chicos, best buds with hoopaloop.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1117 on: October 29, 2017, 09:17:17 PM »
I am just glad that he has recovered enough to be back to normal.   Not that chastened guy who had figured out what really matters in life.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1118 on: October 29, 2017, 09:32:14 PM »
Bears are gonna have many years of regret for screwing up the QB pick in the draft.

And Houston really lucked out.

If Watson was on this Bears team, with this coaching staff, he wouldn't be doing what he's doing in Houston. Watson is/was way further along than Trubisky.

The team that should really regret passing on Watson? Jacksonville.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1119 on: October 29, 2017, 09:41:43 PM »
If Watson was on this Bears team, with this coaching staff, he wouldn't be doing what he's doing in Houston. Watson is/was way further along than Trubisky.

The team that should really regret passing on Watson? Jacksonville.

Also, add in the receivers Watson has to work with compared to the walkons in Chicago

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1120 on: October 29, 2017, 10:09:18 PM »
Part of the reason I got on the Jags & Panthers for taking RB's in the top 10 was case in point with the Jags.

With the defense they have, they hypothetically could have taken Watson at 4 and Kareem Hunt with their third round pick. Would both Watson & Hunt be as good as they are in JAX instead of their current teams? Maybe, maybe not, but we'd probably be talking about JAX being one of the most interesting teams in football right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1121 on: October 29, 2017, 10:29:08 PM »
Naw man, skip the first step and the stuff about moderation. It was about not wanting to be on Scoop because the love of his life, a different person than his wife, opened his eyes up to more important things in life.

And like 4 months later he was back to being chicos, best buds with hoopaloop.

I don't know about you, wades, but I'm still dabbing my eyes as I recall that heartfelt mea culpa Banny McBannerson delivered the first time he pretended to be somebody other than chicos so could skirt his ban.

Also, isn't it amusing that a guy who brings up polls several times a week so casually disavows any polls he doesn't like?

Oh, and I have to smile every time Banny says he hates a president whose words and actions so often mirror his own.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1122 on: October 29, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »
I am just glad that he has recovered enough to be back to normal.   Not that chastened guy who had figured out what really matters in life.

That was really uncalled for tower-Chico’s experienced a very tragic loss, tried to make amends to whoever was offended by him.  For you to re-open that very personal wound was cruel to say the least.  Your sarcasm, as it comes across here, hit me right in the chest.   I guess I expected a little more from you, but not as much from our bloke overseas. 

For you guys to continue to accuse Chico’s of being combativly argumentative in a negative way is dishonest.  The bottom line is he provides a viewpoint many of you disagree with-fine, but leave out the character assinations please and just move on or put him on ignore.   He has provided some great references to the topics discussed here and some alternative perspectives at that.

Ok, now unleash the, but you said...context people, context.

don't...don't don't don't don't

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #1123 on: October 29, 2017, 10:49:55 PM »
I'm a big Zach Miller fan. Suffered a horrific looking injury today while attempting to complete a 1 handed TD catch. (Terrible review). May have been the worst overturn since Megatron. Feel awful for Miller. He was also a security blanket for Trubisky

The Megatron call was brutal but at least you knew why they called what they did. The call on Miller's play was brutal but no one can even figure out how they could have called that pass incomplete. There was absolutely nothing there to overturn that call.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #1124 on: October 29, 2017, 10:57:44 PM »
The Megatron call was brutal but at least you knew why they called what they did. The call on Miller's play was brutal but no one can even figure out how they could have called that pass incomplete. There was absolutely nothing there to overturn that call.

Exactly right. 100% visual evidence to overturn that?