[Today at 10:46:03 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Viper
[Today at 10:44:20 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280378 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #800 on: October 08, 2017, 03:31:37 PM »
The most ironic thing is that Pence said he didn't want to dignify the event...but then he left....

#thejokeisonyou

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #801 on: October 08, 2017, 03:36:57 PM »
I hate the Packers more than most, but that was a god awful call on Martinez.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #802 on: October 08, 2017, 03:48:36 PM »
I hate the Packers more than most, but that was a god awful call on Martinez.

Unbelievably awful call. (Loved it tho).

SKOL
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #803 on: October 08, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »
Capers has the boys ready today ;D

MU82

• All American
« Reply #804 on: October 08, 2017, 04:13:12 PM »
Sorry, Lions.

Panthers = 4-1, with consecutive road wins at New England and Detroit.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #805 on: October 08, 2017, 04:21:00 PM »
Roethlisberger is done, I doubt he retires mid year, but he's mentally retired already. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #806 on: October 08, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »
Sorry, Lions.

Panthers = 4-1, with consecutive road wins at New England and Detroit.

Cam really threw the ball well today. Even without Olsen, the Panthers are much improved at the skill positions than a few years ago.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #807 on: October 08, 2017, 04:23:21 PM »
Roethlisberger is done, I doubt he retires mid year, but he's mentally retired already. Be interesting to see how this plays out.

He wanted to retire back in February. The Steelers begged him to return.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #808 on: October 08, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
Cam really threw the ball well today. Even without Olsen, the Panthers are much improved at the skill positions than a few years ago.

They have a lot of weapons. Funchess and Benjamin are beasts, McCaffrey adds a lot. And hopefully Olsen will be back for the stretch run.

Two awesome weeks in a row for Cam ... on the field. Which lays to waste the whole "distractions" thing. Very, VERY rarely are top athletes distracted during games by stuff that happened days or weeks earlier, no matter how many times the talking heads on TV say it.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #809 on: October 08, 2017, 05:24:14 PM »
I really like Jones and his running style.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #810 on: October 08, 2017, 06:28:42 PM »
Un. Real.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #811 on: October 08, 2017, 06:29:09 PM »
Rodgers=GOAT, period.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #812 on: October 08, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »
I still have goosebumps from watching that drive, watching Rodgers is like watching Jordan to me. You know he's clutch, you know what's probably going to happen late in the game, and it's still incredible to watch. He's unbelievable, guy is so damn good.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #813 on: October 08, 2017, 06:40:31 PM »
   scored in 62 seconds-BIG WIN!
don't...don't don't don't don't

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #814 on: October 08, 2017, 06:47:47 PM »
Davante Adams might play tomorrow. Shocking to me in a few ways. That he recovered that quickly and that they'd consider putting him on the field that quickly.

I missed the game. Did Davante play?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #815 on: October 08, 2017, 07:06:56 PM »
Rodgers=GOAT, period.

Well ... no. I'm not sure how an objective observer could look at the body of work of Brady, Montana and Rodgers, and conclude that Rodgers is GOAT. Let alone accentuate that with "period," as if it's indisputable.

I'm in my upper-50s so I have an affinity for Marino, Staubach, Fouts and Favre, among others, but I fully acknowledge that it's pretty hard to put anybody ahead of Brady. I'm not sure what measurement one could use to do so.

Isn't it enough that Rodgers is one of the best ever?

That was one hell of an exciting game to watch, and I don't particularly like either the Cowboys or the Packers. (Don't hate 'em, either.) Rodgers was money, and he won it with his arm AND legs.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #816 on: October 08, 2017, 07:10:07 PM »
I missed the game. Did Davante play?

He did. He played very well. Like my basketball takes, my medical/football takes are typically wrong. Just from a safety standpoint, I was surprised he didn't miss at least a week.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #817 on: October 08, 2017, 07:18:10 PM »
Well ... no. I'm not sure how an objective observer could look at the body of work of Brady, Montana and Rodgers, and conclude that Rodgers is GOAT. Let alone accentuate that with "period," as if it's indisputable.

I'm in my upper-50s so I have an affinity for Marino, Staubach, Fouts and Favre, among others, but I fully acknowledge that it's pretty hard to put anybody ahead of Brady. I'm not sure what measurement one could use to do so.

That was one hell of an exciting game to watch, and I don't particularly like either the Cowboys or the Packers. (Don't hate 'em, either.) Rodgers was money, and he won it with his arm AND legs.

I 100% stand by what I said. Period.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #818 on: October 08, 2017, 07:20:32 PM »
Rodgers=GOAT, period.

He's one of the greatest, but if I were a Packers fan and I only get 1 SB out of the GOAT, that would make me pretty angry.  All the other greats got 2 and sometimes many more.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #819 on: October 08, 2017, 07:22:06 PM »
I 100% stand by what I said. Period.

I’m starting to agree with you.

Brady has played his entire career for Bill Bellichick. Rodgers has played his entire career for Mike McCarthy. Bit of a “mismatch” there, in my opinion.

(Mac did call an outstanding game today, though.)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #820 on: October 08, 2017, 07:26:42 PM »

Agree it's too early to make a definitive GOAT proclamation...but he certainly is on the short list. 

Regarding the guys you listed, I agree with Brady, Montana, Staubach, Favre and Rodgers.  I'd probably add Payton Manning.  Marino and Fouts, not so much.  Fair or not, one of the criteria for GOAT (especially with a QB) is the ability to win championships.  I don't think its necessarily the final determinant, but IMHO you need at least one to get on the list - neither Marino nor Fouts had a single one.  In fact, my suspicion - correct me if I'm wrong - is that that's the reason you said it's pretty hard to put anyone above Brady.  Guys like Favre and Rodgers have better stats than Brady in a number of categories, but Brady has a big lead in rings.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #821 on: October 08, 2017, 07:28:33 PM »
He's one of the greatest, but if I were a Packers fan and I only get 1 SB out of the GOAT, that would make me pretty angry.  All the other greats got 2 and sometimes many more.

Marino=0
Favre=1

It's a team game.  The difference in the top 1% of all time QBs is negligible.  What were the other factors? Coaching, teammates, injuries, luck, etc.  Rodgers clearly in that top group.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #822 on: October 08, 2017, 07:29:27 PM »
Rodgers has won in spite of McCarthy most of the time. In spite of his defense. In spite of an o-line that always seems banged up and patched together in his prime. What happens when Packer wideouts go elsewhere? Nothing, average at best. Who's the best offensive skill player Rodgers has played with? Who can scramble like Rodgers and still be one of the most accurate QB's ever? He leads the world in getting teams offside and 12 men on the field penalties. He's clutch as eff. I know Brady's great, and I've watched football for 38 years, and the Dish eye test is Rodgers GOAT.

I'll be back with other blazing hot takes after I put my kids to bed.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #823 on: October 08, 2017, 07:35:02 PM »
Rodgers is the most talented QB I have ever seen play the game.

Does most talented QB = GOAT, sure why the hell not.  Go pack go.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #824 on: October 08, 2017, 07:51:07 PM »
I'm going to highlight 4 offensive guys that stood out.

Adams - out of the hospital to hero.  Guy played a great game and called for the ball with Jordy dinged.

Jones - kid had a helluva game.  Showed the same instinct and burst in the pre-season.  Confident in him being a solid #2 enabling Monty to take fewer reps.

Taylor - never played OT in his life and has done a great job filling in in two back to back wins.  Absolutely outstanding and was a great contract sign a few weeks back.

McCray - lunch pail guy who has earned multiple starts after an Arena career and done a very solid job.

feedback