collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280419 times)

forgetful

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #700 on: October 01, 2017, 11:45:28 AM »
Back to football.

Same Old Jay, hey?

The big question is who is worse.  Cutler or Glennon.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #701 on: October 01, 2017, 11:49:38 AM »
The big question is who is worse.  Cutler or Glennon.

I don’t think the Bears beat the Steelers with Jay under center, so I think the Bears have 1 more win on their record with Glennon than they would’ve with Jay.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #702 on: October 01, 2017, 11:57:12 AM »
I don’t think the Bears beat the Steelers with Jay under center, so I think the Bears have 1 more win on their record with Glennon than they would’ve with Jay.

But Glennon has committed 10 TOs in 4 games.  He may be the worst QB in football this year.

We could make the argument that Miami does not beat the Chargers with Glennon as QB. 

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #703 on: October 01, 2017, 01:26:54 PM »
You ignorant, little, over-medicated creep.

Don't try to distort what I said. White players are never TOLD to be grateful - just minorities. And, there are dozens of wonderful countries that "allow" their citizens to make huge money playing sports.

I have stood and saluted for the flag and anthem my entire life. I will no longer be doing so until the racist pig is out of office. He will not be allowed to co-opt this issue in my life.

The name calling, really not necessary or productive.  I take a low dose blood pressure medication because of genetic blood pressure issues in my family. That is over medicating?

White players are never told this? That's quite a broad statement, are you monitoring everything that is said about players, white, black, Hispanic, etc?  It seems opinions are being presented as facts here, but that is my opinion.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #704 on: October 01, 2017, 01:57:28 PM »
Jamie, you bring that on.

Jockey, you needs some of Jamie's bp med.   or some tequila. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 03:59:12 PM by real QG chili 83 »

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #705 on: October 01, 2017, 03:05:39 PM »
SKOL Viqueens! 

NOT

MU82

• All American
« Reply #706 on: October 01, 2017, 03:12:03 PM »
Yeah, Baby!

Cam outplays Brady (though both were pretty damn good), and Panthers beat Patriots in Foxborough!!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #707 on: October 01, 2017, 03:48:13 PM »
The name calling, really not necessary or productive.  I take a low dose blood pressure medication because of genetic blood pressure issues in my family. That is over medicating?

White players are never told this? That's quite a broad statement, are you monitoring everything that is said about players, white, black, Hispanic, etc?  It seems opinions are being presented as facts here, but that is my opinion.

The name calling is necessary. You accused me of verbally attacking your wife, which is an obvious lie. A REAL man would apologize. You are incapable.

To people bothered by my name calling - this is the reason why.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #708 on: October 01, 2017, 03:54:51 PM »
The name calling is necessary. You accused me of verbally attacking your wife, which is an obvious lie. A REAL man would apologize. You are incapable.

Sorry, brand, but you should be above name-calling. It really isn't very difficult to slam somebody such as chicos or Smuggles without calling them names. Just sticking to the facts is usually more than enough.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #709 on: October 01, 2017, 05:56:30 PM »
How about the fact that my colleague, cannot go shopping at his local mall without being asked what she is doing there...simply because of the color of her skin and that she lives in a wealthy area of the city (where their kind is not suppose to be).

That sometimes she (or her friends visiting her house) will be stopped by the police for no reason and have their car searched...simply with the question of "what are you doing in this neighborhood?"

That happens day in and day out for her.  What a country.

come on forgetful-you know what?  there are some areas of milwaukee, chicago, los angeles, etc etc etc that i cannot go shopping in either because of my hue and i highly doubt they are going to axk me-what am i doing there?  well maybe while they are carrying me out in a body bag :(
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #710 on: October 01, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
Sorry, brand, but you should be above name-calling. It really isn't very difficult to slam somebody such as chicos or Smuggles or (just don't call me honey) boo-boo without calling them names. Just sticking to the facts is usually more than enough.  ;)
don't...don't don't don't don't

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #711 on: October 01, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
come on forgetful-you know what?  there are some areas of milwaukee, chicago, los angeles, etc etc etc that i cannot go shopping in either because of my hue and i highly doubt they are going to axk me-what am i doing there?  well maybe while they are carrying me out in a body bag :(

Whoa. I don't know you, rocket, but I really hope you're better than this comment.

Now back to the thread topic. Chargers in LA sounds/looks like an Eagles home game. How in the world is LA going to sustain two NFL teams if people won't show up for either team's games? Can't imagine simply building a shiny new stadium will change that. I know the NFL is playing the long game in LA but it seems like an awfully inauspicious start.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #712 on: October 01, 2017, 06:12:33 PM »
Whoa. I don't know you, rocket, but I really hope you're better than this comment.

Now back to the thread topic. Chargers in LA sounds/looks like an Eagles home game. How in the world is LA going to sustain two NFL teams if people won't show up for either team's games? Can't imagine simply building a shiny new stadium will change that. I know the NFL is playing the long game in LA but it seems like an awfully inauspicious start.

The Chargers need to go back to San Diego, pronto.  Leaving was a dumb idea.  The question is, could they return to San Diego without new ownership.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #713 on: October 01, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #714 on: October 01, 2017, 06:56:33 PM »

What?

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #715 on: October 01, 2017, 06:59:02 PM »
How about the fact that my colleague, cannot go shopping at his local mall without being asked what she is doing there...simply because of the color of her skin and that she lives in a wealthy area of the city (where their kind is not suppose to be).

That sometimes she (or her friends visiting her house) will be stopped by the police for no reason and have their car searched...simply with the question of "what are you doing in this neighborhood?"

That happens day in and day out for her.  What a country.

If this is true as your female friend says, then why isn't she bringing a phone or something to record this and highlight this awful action?  Your implication is this happens all the time, so capturing it would be easy for her. She should do this and file a civil rights case.  That stuff cannot be tolerated, I hope she exposes them, especially if as you say, happens day in and day out. Easy to capture and do a reverse sting to capture these people doing it. 

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #716 on: October 01, 2017, 07:23:56 PM »
If this is true as your female friend says, then why isn't she bringing a phone or something to record this and highlight this awful action?  Your implication is this happens all the time, so capturing it would be easy for her. She should do this and file a civil rights case.  That stuff cannot be tolerated, I hope she exposes them, especially if as you say, happens day in and day out. Easy to capture and do a reverse sting to capture these people doing it.
this is literally the definition of 'victim blaming'.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #717 on: October 01, 2017, 08:36:49 PM »
Sorry, brand, but you should be above name-calling. It really isn't very difficult to slam somebody such as chicos or Smuggles without calling them names. Just sticking to the facts is usually more than enough.

I know you are right, Mike. Best I can do is say I'll try. I really will.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #718 on: October 01, 2017, 09:07:54 PM »

Yep.  It would be great if she can get a record of it - or witnesses who would testify - but in the heat of moments like that, my guess is she just wants to get out.  And even if she did have video, it isn't like it would be a quick and easy win.  Victims are victims.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #719 on: October 01, 2017, 09:18:35 PM »

It literally is not.  Victim blaming would be along the lines of saying he or she deserved it because of what they were wearing, or they shouldn't have been there. 

I'm offering a solution to not only her civil rights being trampled on, but presumably anyone else of her race if this is happening day in and day out as was suggested.  This is a chance to punish these racists, sue the city or county law enforcement and make it a better place for everyone.

How that is victim blaming is truly beyond me.  I'm suggesting an empowerment solution.  These people, if they are truly doing this and I have no reason to believe they aren't, need to be taken down.  If it is happening at the frequency stated, the opportunity to catch them in the act should be ample. I hope she nails them. No place for that kind of stuff.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #720 on: October 01, 2017, 09:26:35 PM »

Unfortunately true.  Group of kids a few months ago on the pier back east that were beaten in Quincy, MA, caught on video.  The high school girl beaten at school for wearing the wrong hat, caught on video.  Sad, but people of all walks of life have been beaten, killed, abused for being the wrong color, wrong religion, wearing the colors, or whatever.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #721 on: October 01, 2017, 10:50:30 PM »

This may be the single dumbest thing I've seen you post. 

You haven't changed a bit. 

I'm not posting on this topic anymore. I should have never even done so given what this topic is supposed to be about.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:54:07 PM by forgetful »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #722 on: October 01, 2017, 10:57:54 PM »
So ...

How 'bout those Panthers?!?!?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #723 on: October 01, 2017, 11:48:33 PM »
I actually miss previous year's threads when we'd have countless pages of arguments on Cutler.

Never thought I'd miss those debates. I know I should stop reading the thread if I don't like it, but seems pointless to start a "football only" thread that'll go of course eventually.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #724 on: October 02, 2017, 05:04:15 AM »
You ignorant, little, over-medicated creep.

Don't try to distort what I said. White players are never TOLD to be grateful - just minorities. And, there are dozens of wonderful countries that "allow" their citizens to make huge money playing sports.

I have stood and saluted for the flag and anthem my entire life. I will no longer be doing so until the racist pig is out of office. He will not be allowed to co-opt this issue in my life.

It's almost shocking how willful the ignorance is