collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280386 times)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2017, 11:32:32 AM »
NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Bucs
NFC West: Seahawks
NFC Wild Card 1: Falcons
NFC Wild Card 2: Giants

NFC Champ: Seahawks

AFC North: Steelers
AFC East: Pats
AFC South: Texans
AFC West: Chargers
AFC Wild Card 1: Chiefs
AFC Wild Card 2: Raiders

AFC Champ: Pats

Super Bowl Champion: Seahawks

Trubisky starts Week 5 against the Vikings. And, I think the Jets go 0-16.

I see someone clearly doesn't believe offensive line play matters.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2017, 11:37:52 AM »

NFC East: Giants
NFC South: Falcons
NFC Wild Card 1: Cowboys
NFC Wild Card 2: Cardinals

NFC Champ: Packers

AFC East: Patriots
AFC South: Titans
AFC West: Raiders
AFC Wild Card 1: Bengals
AFC Wild Card 2: Chiefs

AFC Champ: Patriots

Super Bowl Champion: Patriots

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2017, 11:40:54 AM »
I see someone clearly doesn't believe offensive line play matters.

I like the Seahawks defense, a lot. Perhaps, I'm overrating the Richardson move. But, he could be a real difference maker and move that defense back in the elite category. Enough to overcome their bad o-line. But, yes, that's Seattle's Achilles Heel.

On the others, I think the Chargers o-line will hold up. New offensive system, less pressure on Rivers to make plays. And, I think their defense will be one of the better units in the league. On the Giants, yeah, they could fall apart. But, I see major flaws for most of the teams battling for that 2nd NFC wildcard spot.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 11:49:40 AM by RJax55 »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #178 on: September 07, 2017, 12:06:05 PM »

Yes, fans will turn off the games.  The question is to what degree and how deep.  The NFL will then likely stop having the national anthem televised, meaning they will play it while the players are in the locker room. 

Huh.... Why would the players be in the locker room? They come out of the tunnel for introductions and then the anthem is played. It was almost never televised, except in Super Bowl, before, and players were already on the field.

But, why is it played at all? In Europe, before sporting events, countries don't play their anthem. It's not played before a movie or concert. It's not played before all these patriotic town halls that politicians run or even in city hall meetings. Why is it even played before a GAME?

We get enough propaganda from politicians. Do we need it at sporting events? Is singing the words "land of the free" going to make some people actually believe it?

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2017, 12:38:32 PM »
NFC South: Panthers
NFC Wild Card 1: Cardinals
NFC Wild Card 2: Bucs

NFC Champ: Packers

AFC West: Raiders
AFC Wild Card 1: Chiefs
AFC Wild Card 2: Dolphins

AFC Champ: Steelers

Super Bowl Champion: Packers

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2017, 01:10:50 PM »
NFC South: Saints
NFC Wild Card 1: Lions
NFC Wild Card 2: Cowboys

AFC North: Ravens
AFC South: Jaguars
AFC West: Chiefs
AFC Wild Card 1: Raiders
AFC Wild Card 2: Steelers

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2017, 01:25:44 PM »
NFC South: Saints
NFC Wild Card 1: Lions
NFC Wild Card 2: Cowboys

AFC North: Ravens
AFC South: Jaguars
AFC West: Chiefs
AFC Wild Card 1: Raiders
AFC Wild Card 2: Steelers

Don't do that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »
Don't do that.

This made me laugh out loud.

Thought being, their qb situation is no worse than Hou or Ind (certainly seems like they're hiding a lot of smoke on Luck). They're probably a better team than Indy without Luck, and Hou is another Watt injury away from being just another team. That leaves Ten, and hell, maybe they regress or Mariota doesn't make the jump. Idk, low risk upset pick since there's little chance a team in this division gets passed the second place team in the North or West anyway. But I agree, I'm not rushing to the Westgate counter with that one.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2017, 01:53:21 PM »
Packers
Eagles
Bucs
Cardinals

Washington football club
Seahawks

Steelers
Pats
Titans
Chiefs

Chargers
Raiders

Pats/Packers

Pats

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2017, 02:10:29 PM »
NFC South: Falcons
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC West: Seaturds

AFC East: New England
AFC West: raiders
AFC North: Pittsburgh

NFC Wildcards:  Vikings, Giants
AFC Wild Cards: Dolphins, Chiefs

AFC Champs: New England
NFC Champs: Green Bay
Super Bowl Champs: Green Bay

Bears: 2-14, first win against 49ers on December 3; other win against Browns on Christmas Eve
November 13: Day John Fox is fired and interim coach named. Ryan Pace also fired by Thanksgiving

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
NFC
North: Packers
South: Falcons
East: Cowboys
West: Seahawks

WC: Panthers and who knows

AFC

North: Steelers
South: Titans
East: Patriots
West: Raiders

WC: Chiefs and Bengals

Bears go 5-11 or 6-10, defense is much improved but zero capable wide receivers paired with Glennon or a rookie Trubisky ends in disaster, and no, Kevin White is not a capable wide receiver.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2017, 03:51:06 PM »
Huh.... Why would the players be in the locker room? They come out of the tunnel for introductions and then the anthem is played. It was almost never televised, except in Super Bowl, before, and players were already on the field.

But, why is it played at all? In Europe, before sporting events, countries don't play their anthem. It's not played before a movie or concert. It's not played before all these patriotic town halls that politicians run or even in city hall meetings. Why is it even played before a GAME?

We get enough propaganda from politicians. Do we need it at sporting events? Is singing the words "land of the free" going to make some people actually believe it?

holy cow!  now this is tripe-ish and a bad take as well-ayyy'na?  cuz a team won't sign a mediocre, controversial back-up, we aren't free?   ay ay comrade
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2017, 04:26:51 PM »
Has there ever been a more lopsided division than this year's AFC East? Arguably the best team in football paired with 3 of the six worst.... Including the absolute worst.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots score more points in one game than the rest of their conference scores against them in the entire season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2017, 04:34:45 PM »
Has there ever been a more lopsided division than this year's AFC East? Arguably the best team in football paired with 3 of the six worst.... Including the absolute worst.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots score more points in one game than the rest of their conference scores against them in the entire season.

The Dolphins are returning most of their key players from a team that went 10-6 and made the playoffs last year. I know there aren't many Cutler fans around here, but he's not a downgrade from Ryan Tannehill. They may not make the playoffs again, but they're not one of the six worst teams in the league either.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2017, 04:50:32 PM »
The Dolphins are returning most of their key players from a team that went 10-6 and made the playoffs last year. I know there aren't many Cutler fans around here, but he's not a downgrade from Ryan Tannehill. They may not make the playoffs again, but they're not one of the six worst teams in the league either.

Agree. Dolphins might not make the playoffs, but they are not one of the worst teams in football. And that would be case no matter if their QB was Tannehill, Cutler or even Matt Moore.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2017, 04:54:01 PM »
I heard a fair assessment today.   There are 3-4 teams that are good enough to win 12 games.    There are 3-4 teams that are bad enough that you they will probably only win 4 games.    Almost everybody else is in the middle.   If they stay healthy and get a few bounces at the right time, they can win 10 games.    If they lose 1-2 of the wrong players and have a couple of breaks/bounces/calls go against them, they will win 6 games. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2017, 05:06:52 PM »

ESPN thinks so:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx170815/2017-preseason-nfl-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons-seattle-seahawks-front

Sorry, worst 7.

And I might have my maroon glasses on but I think Cutler is a downgrade from Tannehill.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2017, 05:53:52 PM »
ESPN thinks so:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx170815/2017-preseason-nfl-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons-seattle-seahawks-front

Sorry, worst 7.

And I might have my maroon glasses on but I think Cutler is a downgrade from Tannehill.

You're really gonna listen to ESPNs power ranking after all the garbage recruiting rankings they throw out?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2017, 06:33:14 PM »
Will be interesting to see the line on the Super Bowl game with Minnesota having a pseudo home game. Looking forward to February! #SKOL #ShieldTheNorth
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »

Last year's AFC East?

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »
This made me laugh out loud.

Thought being, their qb situation is no worse than Hou or Ind (certainly seems like they're hiding a lot of smoke on Luck). They're probably a better team than Indy without Luck, and Hou is another Watt injury away from being just another team. That leaves Ten, and hell, maybe they regress or Mariota doesn't make the jump. Idk, low risk upset pick since there's little chance a team in this division gets passed the second place team in the North or West anyway. But I agree, I'm not rushing to the Westgate counter with that one.

Yes it is.

I think the only way the Titans don't win the division is if Mariota loses one of his knees. Don't think a "jump" is required.

I know Andrew Luck's  old GM did him no favors in subjecting him to the David Carr experience, but can the NFL stop talking like he's a transcendent superstar? Maybe he'll figure it out, but he's borderline top 10

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #196 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:36 PM »
So what's the Over/Under on the Bears? 3, 4 or five wins?

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #197 on: September 07, 2017, 09:51:18 PM »
So what's the Over/Under on the Bears? 3, 4 or five wins?

Bears defense is going to be pretty good. By no means do I think the Bears will be good overall, but they will be better than people think.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #198 on: September 07, 2017, 10:16:26 PM »
Bears defense is going to be pretty good. By no means do I think the Bears will be good overall, but they will be better than people think.

How many wins, boi???
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #199 on: September 07, 2017, 10:49:03 PM »

The secondary is porous. Any quarterback who can stay upright for two seconds will pick it apart.

How many wins bro?

I'm guessing 2 or 3, if they're lucky and I am a Bear season ticket holder. This team stinks, period. They'll fight with the Browns and 49ers for the first draft choice.