collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 09:11:02 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:05:25 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 07:24:03 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18  (Read 280366 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2017-18
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »
How many of those "killers, violent offenders and drug users" are back-up QBs? How many are guys who barely see the field?

If a controversial player can push a team closer to winning a Super Bowl, he'll find a team. If a guy is a controversial bit player, he's likely going to be unemployed. Is that fair, moral and ethical? No, but that's the way the NFL works...as do most businesses.

There are plenty of bad characters filling backup roles on NFL rosters.
They may not be controversial because the large and influential meathead element of NFL fandom are more accepting of a guy who beats up his girlfriend, uses PEDs or drives drunk than they are of a guy they believe disrespects 'Merica.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2017, 12:43:22 PM »
I'm shocked how many people are okay with workplace discrimination. The only reason Kap is unemployed is because he exercised a Constitutional right. If he's so offensive, why are the dozens of other players following his lead not also unemployed? He is being discriminated against because he was the first.

Wrong.

He used the forum of his employer to espouse political beliefs generally inconsistent with his employer.

If I did that at my employer, I too probably would be unemployed. No employer takes kindly to an employee risking the brand's value. And speaking up at a job function in a way inconsistent with a company's visions or expectations is one of the fastest ways I know to get severance.

If the NFL thought other kneel-downs threatened the brand, they'd be off the rosters too. But they're Cleveland Browns, forgodssakes. Call me when they win more games than the Bears and start to become relevant. 

Nobody is arguing that Mr. Kapernick has the right to say anything he wants. But there are consequences of free speech and for all you leftists out there, the First Amendment to the Constitution does not guarantee that an employer cannot restrict your speech -- unless your employer is the Federal Government.

I doubt anyone in the NFL is openly racist. The League is too diverse. And, it pays well to all who play in the League. Rather, I agree with the commenters who argue that Mr. Kapernick just brings too much baggage.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2017, 12:55:17 PM »
I doubt anyone in the NFL is openly racist. The League is too diverse. And, it pays well to all who play in the League. Rather, I agree with the commenters who argue that Mr. Kapernick just brings too much baggage.

Overtly racist?  No.  But them NFL owners generally like them well behaved blacks versus them ornery ones.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2017, 01:27:43 PM »

Overtly racist?  No.  But them NFL owners generally like them well behaved blacks versus them ornery ones.

Wait, I thought they prefer to employ "killers, violent offenders and drug users"...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #154 on: September 06, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »
As long as they don't take political stands, then yes.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #155 on: September 06, 2017, 01:49:59 PM »

I imagine this goes for the help in general.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2017, 02:19:24 PM »
Wait, I thought they prefer to employ "killers, violent offenders and drug users"...

They're ornery behind doors.  That doesn't piss off the snowflakes in their #MAGA fanbase.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #157 on: September 06, 2017, 07:11:38 PM »
It will be interesting to see if Michael Bennett takes a knee during the national anthem before Seahawks' games.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #158 on: September 06, 2017, 07:41:05 PM »
I'm sorry but if the Baltimore Ravens organization is so thin skinned that a tweet by a celebrity (which isn't that far off in terms of accuracy) offends an accessory to murder and that means the Ravens can't sign a player that will help them.....they are a horrible organization and deserve to never win another game.

the involvement of ray lewis here is disturbing to say the least. 

kap's girlfriend is either dumb like a fox or smart like a bowling ball.  she is using kap to further her inner "angela davis" and fan the flames.  without the controversy, she may have to return to her day job.  if she doesn't send out that racist tweet, her boy friend may have a sunday afternoon job and spike lee can go back to his front row seats at the knicks games
don't...don't don't don't don't

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #159 on: September 06, 2017, 07:42:24 PM »

kap's girlfriend is either dumb like a fox or smart like a bowling ball.  she is using kap to further her inner "angela davis" and fan the flames.  without the controversy, she may have to return to her day job.  if she doesn't send out that racist tweet, her boy friend may have a sunday afternoon job and spike lee can go back to his front row seats at the knicks games

I mean seriously.  This tripe is exactly the bullsh*t that I'm talking about.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #160 on: September 06, 2017, 07:53:27 PM »

I mean seriously.  This tripe is exactly the bullsh*t that I'm talking about.

i sense this isn't a very safe place for you sully-take a deep breath man.  oh yeah-seriously-there are a few out here who believe differently from you ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2017, 07:56:23 PM »
Nevermind rocket.

I guess I shouldn't expect much.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:02:17 PM by Sultan of Slap O' Fivin' »

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2017, 08:09:25 PM »

You do know that she was a "celebrity" prior to meeting Kaepernick right?
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2017, 09:27:29 PM »

To go with their well-behaved whites, Hispanics, Samoans and others who "protect the shield."

🏀

• All American
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2017, 09:33:54 PM »

This is a bad, bad take.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2017, 09:49:49 PM »
It will be interesting to see if Michael Bennett takes a knee during the national anthem before Seahawks' games.

He was already protesting and planned to protest all season before the incident with police.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2017, 05:01:52 AM »
You do know that she was a "celebrity" prior to meeting Kaepernick right?

ok ok then, smart like a bowling ball   she must be tight with whoooooopi, cher, sammy jackson and the the rest of the rest of those braniacs then, ey....n'a?

i'm hoping some here caught my half tongue in cheek, but regardless, you know which ones struggle with this particularly, right?  that's when ya know there is some truth to it :o

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2017, 06:06:29 AM »
I'm curious what football fans will do when these protests spread throughout the NFL (as I think they will) rather than the current isolated cases that are easier to ignore.  Stop watching games entirely?  Will be an interesting season...

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2017, 08:15:59 AM »
I'm curious what football fans will do when these protests spread throughout the NFL (as I think they will) rather than the current isolated cases that are easier to ignore.  Stop watching games entirely?  Will be an interesting season...

CBS study I linked the other day says exactly that, some fans have turned off the NFL, despite claims here and elsewhere that they haven't.  That was the conclusion of CBS sports chairman Sean McManus on their proprietary study. 

Yes, fans will turn off the games.  The question is to what degree and how deep.  The NFL will then likely stop having the national anthem televised, meaning they will play it while the players are in the locker room. 

Many more people on Jim Brown's side of this argument than the current protesters, according to every poll out there.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2017, 08:25:03 AM »
Yes, fans will turn off the games.  The question is to what degree and how deep.   

I found a picture of those fans:

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2017, 09:04:05 AM »
So, uhh, football starts today...

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2017, 10:23:54 AM »
NFC North: Green Bay
NFC East: NY Giants
NFC South: Atlanta
NFC West: Seattle
NFC Wild Card 1: Arizona
NFC Wild Card 2: Tampa Bay

NFC Champ: Seattle

AFC North: Pittsburgh
AFC East: New England
AFC South: Tennessee
AFC West: Oakland
AFC Wild Card 1: Kansas City
AFC Wild Card 2: Miami

AFC Champ: Pittsburgh

Super Bowl Champion: Pittsburgh Steelers

Bears 6-10 with Trubisky starting the final 5 games.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2017, 10:41:23 AM »
NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Eagles
NFC South: Bucs
NFC West: Seahawks
NFC Wild Card 1: Falcons
NFC Wild Card 2: Giants

NFC Champ: Seahawks

AFC North: Steelers
AFC East: Pats
AFC South: Texans
AFC West: Chargers
AFC Wild Card 1: Chiefs
AFC Wild Card 2: Raiders

AFC Champ: Pats

Super Bowl Champion: Seahawks

Trubisky starts Week 5 against the Vikings. And, I think the Jets go 0-16.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #173 on: September 07, 2017, 11:26:50 AM »
CBS study I linked the other day says exactly that, some fans have turned off the NFL, despite claims here and elsewhere that they haven't.  That was the conclusion of CBS sports chairman Sean McManus on their proprietary study. 

Yes, fans will turn off the games.  The question is to what degree and how deep.  The NFL will then likely stop having the national anthem televised, meaning they will play it while the players are in the locker room. 

Many more people on Jim Brown's side of this argument than the current protesters, according to every poll out there.

The anthem is rarely televised as it is.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #174 on: September 07, 2017, 11:29:38 AM »
NFC North: Packers
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC South: Falcons
NFC West: Seahawks
NFC Wild Card 1: Giants
NFC Wild Card 2: Buccaneers

NFC Champ: Falcons

AFC North: Steelers
AFC East: Patriots
AFC South: Titans
AFC West: Raiders
AFC Wild Card 1: Chiefs
AFC Wild Card 2: Colts

AFC Champ: Steelers

Super Bowl Champion: Falcons
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback