collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: My Website/Services  (Read 4754 times)

MUCrew

• All American
My Website/Services
« on: February 10, 2008, 11:25:13 PM »
Hey all,

It has been a while since I've contributed on this forum, but I've been working on finally getting a website up for what I do.  The addy is:

www.jmcustodio.com

It's real basic and I've yet to figure out how to get my slideshow of all my works up and running.  It does, however, feature my 3 latest wallpapers (all of which I have released here already).  They are there just in case some of you missed them.  Once I'm up at 100%, I'll get back to making some MU walls (we definitely need some good luck lately).  Thanks for taking a look - I'll let you all know when the update is up. 

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: My Website/Services
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 03:02:31 PM »
Nice website!  The Novak background looks great. 

Any chance you're a Cubs fan as well?

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:05:39 PM »
Nice website!  The Novak background looks great. 

Any chance you're a Cubs fan as well?

haha, you're definitely talking to the wrong guy :)  I'm not a huge fan of baseball, but when I am, I definitely root for the south side (born and raised in the north - go figure). 

Thanks for the compliments for the website....and thanks to the NL for taking Santana! :-p

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 05:34:15 PM »
I really think you need to change that tagline at the bottom of your wallpapers.  Instead of "Images are the property of their respective owners.."  it should give a specific credit to whoever (or whatever organization) took that picture.

Of course images are the property of who took them.  You need to give credit to that person, not point out the obvious.   -- To an extent, simply saying "images are property of respective owners" is insulting. 

.. you might as well put "I don't own the rights to this picture, someone else does, but I'm stealing it anyhow."

It's clearly better to credit the photographer .. second best is to remove that line completely, as it doesn't absolve you from infringing on someone's ownership.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:23:10 PM »
I really think you need to change that tagline at the bottom of your wallpapers.  Instead of "Images are the property of their respective owners.."  it should give a specific credit to whoever (or whatever organization) took that picture.

Of course images are the property of who took them.  You need to give credit to that person, not point out the obvious.   -- To an extent, simply saying "images are property of respective owners" is insulting. 

.. you might as well put "I don't own the rights to this picture, someone else does, but I'm stealing it anyhow."

It's clearly better to credit the photographer .. second best is to remove that line completely, as it doesn't absolve you from infringing on someone's ownership.

Trust me I know now.  I am making it a point after the DJ wall I made to make sure I know the owner of the actual picture.  I won't get into it, but bottom line is that I was enlightened  and I'm going to make a conscious effort to give credit where credit is due.  Thanks.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:55:06 AM »
That sounds good.  You should edit the images you currently have on your site to reflect that policy.

feedback