collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: travis diener  (Read 5575 times)

jaybilaswho?

• All American
travis diener
« on: January 24, 2008, 08:59:58 AM »
Since I know that there are some Travis Diener fans out there, I thought I would let you all know... he is in town. Last night, I ran into him at a bar on campus. I put him on the spot and got a free shot off of him. Great guy!
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

HarveysWallbangers

Re: travis diener
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:30:17 AM »
You saw him at a bar last night? Wasn't he playing the Bulls?

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 09:39:22 AM »
Unless you saw him at midnight, I doubt that was Travis in the bar on campus. He would have had to leave immediately from the UC and driven to campus.

Maybe he's the next Paul Shirley? TD also has a blog with the Pacers: http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=300017877
We Are Marquette

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 09:53:42 AM »
The NBA mandates that all teams must be in the city of their next game the night before a game, in other words: no daytime traveling.

The Pacers would in almost all certainty have bussed to MKE immediatley after the Bulls game. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 10:00:42 AM »
That makes sense. Which bar did he go to? Was he with any of his teammates? Any pictures of him, a la Kyle Orton, holding up a bottle of Jack Daniels with spills all over his shirt? Just kidding. TD's no different than any other young alum who headed back to campus to see what was going on when he was in town on business. Hope he had fun. I'll bet he would have a hard time picking up a MU girl at a bar, though.
We Are Marquette

SGWarrior

• Starter
  • "I'm a winning guy."
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
Anyone else watch the Pacers v. Bulls game last night?  I don't blame TD for hitting the bars afterwards.  He was absolutely owned by Hinrich last night.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 11:22:50 AM »
It was late. I don't remember what time he came in (i was a little drunk myself). He did not have any teammates with him, he actually was just meeting up with Os. He and and Os just standing hanging out. Of course there were the classic Diener Jersey Chaser's (male and female) hanging all around him. Some dude kept buying him shots. TD was sporting the ever present Diener chin scruff, however it has managed to grow up towards his ears (you knew he would grow up sooner or later).
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 11:25:00 AM »
oh yeah, he was at Murphy's and NO, no pictures of him- at least none coming from me.

Wade for President

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 11:44:05 AM »
Anyone else watch the Pacers v. Bulls game last night?  I don't blame TD for hitting the bars afterwards.  He was absolutely owned by Hinrich last night.

Yeah...Was getting visions of the Final Four game there.  LOVE seeing Travis getting a lot of playing time.  He's become somewhat of a liability on the defensive side of the ball at the NBA level, but love the energy he brings off the bench.

If I'm Travis, I'm watching video of Steve Nash ALL THE TIME.  I would do everything I possibly could to emulate him.  The way Travis pushes the ball up the floor (was reminded of this in watching his performance in the '03 L'ville game) is very similar to Nash's style.

If I'm O'Brien or another coach, I'm supplying Travis with ample amounts of Nash video for him to take home and study.  I understand that the talent that surrounds Steve Nash is FAR superior than what's in Indy, but the foundation is there.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 11:45:28 AM »
did you ask him if he has any eligibility left?  :)
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

AlumKCof93

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 01:59:22 PM »
If Diener could play d in the NBA, I think he could have a good, lengthy career.  But giving up 38 to Kirk Hinrich, does not bode well.  That said, I hope he sticks around for years to come.
"Yes, Dinnertime!  The perfect break between work and drunk" - Homer J. Simpson

feedback