[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?  (Read 85238 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?
« Reply #950 on: August 27, 2021, 05:29:21 AM »
https://youtu.be/LQCU36pkH7c

“…what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

that seems to be your canned response to all of my posts which you don't like and the topic is out of your league.  maybe you should stick to some of the easier stuff like your favorite ice cream or cloth diapers vs depends.

i stated a fact.  if you don't like it, tell me otherwise or just stfu
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #951 on: August 27, 2021, 06:11:04 AM »
that seems to be your canned response to all of my posts which you don't like and the topic is out of your league.  maybe you should stick to some of the easier stuff like your favorite ice cream or cloth diapers vs depends.

i stated a fact.  if you don't like it, tell me otherwise or just stfu

Unfortunately for you, most every topic is out of your league.  And the sad part is that you don't realize it.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #952 on: August 27, 2021, 06:27:58 AM »
Unfortunately for you, most every topic is out of your league.  And the sad part is that you don't realize it.

This is why the dental hygienists do all the work.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #953 on: August 27, 2021, 06:58:11 AM »
  you realize where most of "big money's" money goes to right?  the virtue signalers are the ones who are perpetuating this so called "institutional racism" you are up in arms about.  they're holding all these woke seminars, paying big dollars to "woke" ya'll up, then go back to doing what they want to do anyway, make money... but no way they can be racists cuz some of their best friends are...never mind.

You never cease to amaze and that’s not a compliment
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #954 on: August 27, 2021, 08:01:32 AM »
  you realize where most of "big money's" money goes to right?  the virtue signalers are the ones who are perpetuating this so called "institutional racism" you are up in arms about.  they're holding all these woke seminars, paying big dollars to "woke" ya'll up, then go back to doing what they want to do anyway, make money... but no way they can be racists cuz some of their best friends are...never mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #955 on: August 27, 2021, 08:01:41 AM »

What?

You might want to slow down your ingestion of horse de-wormers, demon seed and Lysol.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #956 on: August 27, 2021, 09:00:39 AM »
I can't be the only person somewhat interested in him peeling one or two more layers off of this. For starters:
- why does he think a post with 0 specifics is considered "facts" that someone else needs to refute?
- who, by name, is "big money"?
- what is a "woke seminar", how am I only finding out about them now, and how do I get an invite?
- tell me more about this business model where people (entities?) pay big dollars to "woke" folks up in order to go back to what they would have done anyway.....make money. Is it the ultimate 'you've got to spend money to make money' scenario, is this a version of offering seed faith offerings to televangelists for liberals?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #957 on: August 27, 2021, 09:26:30 AM »
We need to create a “rocket meter” to quantify how stupid and incomprehensible a post is on Scoop.

For example, “4nevers post was a 9.5 on the rocket meter”.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #958 on: August 27, 2021, 11:34:48 AM »

I can't be the only person somewhat interested in him peeling one or two more layers off of this. For starters:
- why does he think a post with 0 specifics is considered "facts" that someone else needs to refute?
- who, by name, is "big money"?
- what is a "woke seminar", how am I only finding out about them now, and how do I get an invite?
- tell me more about this business model where people (entities?) pay big dollars to "woke" folks up in order to go back to what they would have done anyway.....make money. Is it the ultimate 'you've got to spend money to make money' scenario, is this a version of offering seed faith offerings to televangelists for liberals?

my employer dropped $20K on Henry Rogers, I mean Dr. Ibrham Kendi to do a Zoom talk and bought 500 of his books for distribution to hear him say everyone is racist and everything we do is motivated by racism in some way, and we can only remedy that through "present and future discrimination to remedy past discrimination." Oh, and he can't even define racism when he talks about racism.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #959 on: August 27, 2021, 11:59:05 AM »
my employer dropped $20K on Henry Rogers, I mean Dr. Ibrham Kendi to do a Zoom talk and bought 500 of his books for distribution to hear him say everyone is racist and everything we do is motivated by racism in some way, and we can only remedy that through "present and future discrimination to remedy past discrimination." Oh, and he can't even define racism when he talks about racism.
Not knowing any more context (industry, corporate culture/history, public/private, actual content covered etc.) that seems like a colossal waste of $'s for a speaking engagement.

did you consider this a "woke seminar" vs. speaking engagement and do you think your employer did it for the nefarious purpose "to "woke" ya'll up, then go back to doing what they want to do anyway, make money"?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #960 on: August 27, 2021, 12:03:57 PM »

Having read Dr. Kendi's book, you're misrepresenting his message. However, I also don't like Dr. Kendi's work though for different reasons.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 02:12:14 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #961 on: August 27, 2021, 08:34:14 PM »
We need to create a “rocket meter” to quantify how stupid and incomprehensible a post is on Scoop.

For example, “4nevers post was a 9.5 on the rocket meter”.

so tell me jockbreath, what kind of degree does one need to sell under britches? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #962 on: August 27, 2021, 08:37:43 PM »
so tell me jockbreath, what kind of degree does one need to sell under britches?

10 of 10

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #964 on: August 27, 2021, 08:49:59 PM »

10 of 10
This judge disagrees, scores it a mere 3. Failed at typical rambling, lacked the expected incoherence, and excluded any conspiracy theories. Altogether an atypical effort.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #965 on: August 27, 2021, 09:17:51 PM »

I score this post 1.5 out of 4 fillings.
Not one of rocket's best efforts.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #966 on: August 28, 2021, 09:18:03 AM »
The hell is going on here?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #967 on: August 28, 2021, 09:31:52 AM »
I score this post 1.5 out of 4 fillings.
Not one of rocket's best efforts.

Not rambling enough.   Not filled with alternative facts with no basis in reality with cryptic asides.   1 star
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #968 on: August 31, 2021, 07:52:29 AM »
Hate crimes against Asian and Black people rise sharply in the U.S., FBI says

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/30/fbi-says-hate-crimes-against-asian-and-black-people-rise-in-the-us.html?utm_term=OZY&utm_campaign=pdb&utm_content=Tuesday_08.31.21&utm_source=Campaigner&utm_medium=email

++ Hate crimes targeting people of Asian descent in the U.S. rose by 70% last year compared with the number of such incidents in 2019, the FBI said.

++ That increase coincided with the outbreak in the U.S. of the Covid pandemic, which some racists have unjustly blamed on Asian Americans because the coronavirus originated in China.

++ The number of hate crimes targeting Black people jumped nearly 40% last year compared with 2019 levels.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #969 on: August 31, 2021, 07:57:57 AM »
Hate crimes against Asian and Black people rise sharply in the U.S., FBI says

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/30/fbi-says-hate-crimes-against-asian-and-black-people-rise-in-the-us.html?utm_term=OZY&utm_campaign=pdb&utm_content=Tuesday_08.31.21&utm_source=Campaigner&utm_medium=email

++ Hate crimes targeting people of Asian descent in the U.S. rose by 70% last year compared with the number of such incidents in 2019, the FBI said.

++ That increase coincided with the outbreak in the U.S. of the Covid pandemic, which some racists have unjustly blamed on Asian Americans because the coronavirus originated in China.

++ The number of hate crimes targeting Black people jumped nearly 40% last year compared with 2019 levels.

Economic anxiety

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #970 on: August 31, 2021, 08:33:01 AM »
Economic anxiety
If we are conducting increased hate crimes against minorities because of 'economic anxiety' it only means that racism and bigotry is always lying under the surface and we just need an excuse to act on it. Economic anxiety may very well be a trigger but the issue is that we are a society steeped in racism and bigotry - let's not make any excuses for the actions.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #971 on: August 31, 2021, 08:39:16 AM »
If we are conducting increased hate crimes against minorities because of 'economic anxiety' it only means that racism and bigotry is always lying under the surface and we just need an excuse to act on it. Economic anxiety may very well be a trigger but the issue is that we are a society steeped in racism and bigotry - let's not make any excuses for the actions.

It’s an excuse used by many to dismiss racism in our country, it’s not something I believe in on any level.  The Tea Party ran on the idea of economic anxiety.  It was a lie

naginiF

• All American
« Reply #972 on: August 31, 2021, 08:57:35 AM »
It’s an excuse used by many to dismiss racism in our country, it’s not something I believe in on any level.  The Tea Party ran on the idea of economic anxiety.  It was a lie
my 'tealdar' must be on the fritz this AM......100% agree

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #973 on: August 31, 2021, 10:14:14 AM »
In before the lock?  Or is this thread vaccinated and immune?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #974 on: August 31, 2021, 10:17:33 AM »
In before the lock?  Or is this thread vaccinated and immune?

Immune from what? Why would this thread be locked?

feedback