[Today at 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[Today at 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[Today at 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[Today at 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?  (Read 85208 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?
« Reply #650 on: April 25, 2021, 08:37:47 AM »
persecuted?  only you would think that, but the short answer is nope

so, you have 2 prospective/incoming students sitting in front of you-one has a BLM shirt on, the other has an ALM shirt on.  do you tell the one with the ALM shirt on that he's stupid and misguided? 

I wouldn’t tell anyone they are stupid and misguided.  Especially college students who don’t have wisdom or perspective.

But you should. Yet tHe funniest thing is, YOU STILL DON’T GET IT.  Saying ALM in response se to BLM is like saying “all lives matter” at a Holocaust memorial. At best it is intentionally minimizing the topic at hand.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #651 on: April 25, 2021, 08:44:11 AM »
persecuted?  only you would think that, but the short answer is nope

Forget the BS hypotheticals. The reality is you're using a phrase in your username to try to mute black voices. You have had the reasons that action is problematic fully explained. You could abandon this course and move on, or make yourself look worse by continuing to dig.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #652 on: April 25, 2021, 09:10:17 AM »
You guys are twisted.  Like budajig redefine infrastructure . You guys are redefining racism  ALL lives man!  Not just black lives. Asian, Hispanic, Romanian, Turkish European...ALL LIVES. Everyone is treated the same with respect if they so deserve.it’s racist to put one ahead of other because of race which is what BLM does

BLM as an organization can go to hell
don't...don't don't don't don't

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #653 on: April 25, 2021, 09:13:44 AM »
Not just black lives.

BLM as an organization can go to hell

These are the only salient parts of your post, and clearly reflect your true feelings. The rest is just BS obfuscation to make yourself feel better.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #654 on: April 25, 2021, 09:16:47 AM »
To me it’s less about the words and more about the meaning. Yes, all lives matter. But the people saying ALM seem to be doing it as a way to ignore the issues BLM (the movement, not the organization) are trying to raise.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #655 on: April 25, 2021, 09:22:11 AM »
Forget the BS hypotheticals. The reality is you're using a phrase in your username to try to mute black voices. You have had the reasons that action is problematic fully explained. You could abandon this course and move on, or make yourself look worse by continuing to dig.

Alan, how the he’ll do you know that’s what’s in his mind, or that’s his intent?  You don’t. 

Your comments are judgemental, overreaching, and not terribly inclusive. Your lens has become so narrowly focused, you are absolutely intolerant of others who try to express support for diversity and inclusion simply with different words.  I get it, you also don’t like Rocket, and you let that cloud any objectivity you could have.

I’ll sit back now and take my on line beating from the so-called tolerant Woke Folk. People who don’t know me, and will condemn me without knowing a thing about how I live my life.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #656 on: April 25, 2021, 09:22:36 AM »
Great, let's even the playing field starting tomorrow and base everything on merit and not race. I still say God screwed up and we should all look like Waldo. Sure would eliminate many of the world's problems, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #657 on: April 25, 2021, 09:26:34 AM »

Alan, how the he’ll do you know that’s what’s in his mind, or that’s his intent?  You don’t. 

Your comments are judgemental, overreaching, and not terribly inclusive. Your lens has become so narrowly focused, you are absolutely intolerant of others who try to express support for diversity and inclusion simply with different words.  I get it, you also don’t like Rocket, and you let that cloud any objectivity you could have.

I’ll sit back now and take my on line beating from the so-called tolerant Woke Folk. People who don’t know me, and will condemn me without knowing a thing about how I live my life.

Do you carry your cross too?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #658 on: April 25, 2021, 09:27:06 AM »
Great, let's even the playing field starting tomorrow and base everything on merit and not race. I still say God screwed up and we should all look like Waldo. Sure would eliminate many of the world's problems, aina?

Yep. Hope we can get there someday. Likely not in my lifetime.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #659 on: April 25, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »
Do you carry your cross too?

Come on Fluffy, you can be just as bad/intolerant.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #660 on: April 25, 2021, 09:37:25 AM »

Your comments are judgemental, overreaching, and not terribly inclusive. Your lens has become so narrowly focused, you are absolutely intolerant of others who try to express support for diversity and inclusion simply with different words.

I know what's in his mind because he has told us repeatedly. I know his intent because when the problematic nature of his comments is explained, he doesn't take responsibility, he doubles down.

And yes, I am judgmental of bigotry because I don't believe white silence is helpful. For that reason, I am intolerant of said bigotry.

In addition, trying to mute voices is the antithesis of diversity and inclusion. It's like saying "I don't see color" which is about as anti-diversity as it gets.

• All American
« Reply #661 on: April 25, 2021, 09:39:54 AM »
Come on Fluffy, you can be just as bad/intolerant.

I am intolerant of bigotry. Sue me.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #662 on: April 25, 2021, 09:41:39 AM »
How old are the students? >18 yrs old? Try to enlighten them as to why the philosophy of ALM with respect to BLM is racist and if, like you, they still refuse to understand I'd tell him he's stupid and misguided. <18? Same conversation but with their parents.

"...and like you, they still REFUSE to understand..."???

what is that right there?  sounds like...there are veys, and there are other veys, eyn'a?   you guys are not only racists but bullys as well

• All American
« Reply #663 on: April 25, 2021, 09:43:38 AM »

what is that right there?  sounds like...there are veys, and there are other veys, eyn'a?   you guys are not only racists but bullys as well

Lol.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #664 on: April 25, 2021, 09:44:22 AM »
I know what's in his mind because he has told us repeatedly. I know his intent because when the problematic nature of his comments is explained, he doesn't take responsibility, he doubles down.

And yes, I am judgmental of bigotry because I don't believe white silence is helpful. For that reason, I am intolerant of said bigotry.

In addition, trying to mute voices is the antithesis of diversity and inclusion. It's like saying "I don't see color" which is about as anti-diversity as it gets.

i see ALL colors dude!  that's what you don't get.  God didn't put us here to judge ANYONE based on "color" 

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course

• All American
« Reply #666 on: April 25, 2021, 09:46:06 AM »
arrogant, flippant bullies

Lol. Glad you have found your cause.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #667 on: April 25, 2021, 09:47:07 AM »

You just made my point. You don’t know him, and how he lives his life.

We can argue this till the cows come home. Until I meet you, I will hold opinion on judging you, but your actions show a narrowly focused lens.

Because Rocket may say he doesn’t see color, that could NEVER mean color is not an issue for him with how he treats people.  It could NEVER mean that because he chose words that you would not use to express support for D&I, he must be wrong.

Brew, you simply don’t know.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #668 on: April 25, 2021, 09:53:03 AM »
Wooooooooooooah this thread.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #669 on: April 25, 2021, 09:55:49 AM »
I still say God screwed up and we should all look like Waldo. Sure would eliminate many of the world's problems, aina?

Waldo's an interesting choice ... almost impossible to get much whiter than that.

I'd have thought you might have said Jesus ... but given that he was far closer to Black or mixed race, I guess Waldo it is.

Sad that Jesus probably would be pulled over for a minor violation, screamed at to get out of his car and, at gunpoint, told to lie facedown in the street. Might even get a knee on his neck for 9 minutes if he objected at all.

"We had to do it," the arresting officer said. "Guy had a god complex."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #670 on: April 25, 2021, 09:57:33 AM »
I know his intent because when the problematic nature of his comments is explained, he doesn't take responsibility, he doubles down.

You mean y’all have tried to enlighten him to the one and only opinion allowed and he STILL isn’t genuflecting?!?

Yeah, that’s some nerve Alan.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #671 on: April 25, 2021, 10:02:49 AM »
To me it’s less about the words and more about the meaning. Yes, all lives matter. But the people saying ALM seem to be doing it as a way to ignore the issues BLM (the movement, not the organization) are trying to raise.

Just so I understand your point of view:   If you say "ALM" or something to deflect attention from the literal phrase "Black Lives Matter" it is problematic and or racist like many have stated on this thread?  However, if you criticize the BLM organization that may in fact not be a problem or racist?  I just want to be clear on your point here. Ty.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:04:25 AM by MuggsyB »

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #672 on: April 25, 2021, 10:09:51 AM »
You should probably read the Bible more carefully.

Right, The Gospel According to Woke Liberals. 

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #673 on: April 25, 2021, 10:13:18 AM »

If the shirt said something else that the person didn't realize was bigoted like 'blood and soil' or 'Dan White Society', you explained why the slogan is problematic, and they continued to wear the shirt because they don't see a problem with it then yes......they REFUSE to understand.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #674 on: April 25, 2021, 10:29:36 AM »
One of Jaslyn Adams murderers was apprehended.  But the race baiters, BLM,  and the woke crowd won’t touch this story no matter how common, sick, and depraved it is. 

https://www.daily-journal.com/opinion/jackson-wheres-the-spectacle-for-jaslyn-adams/article_efb144b6-a41d-11eb-ab27-3729a8344cdf.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:44:44 AM by HutchwasClutch »

feedback