[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?  (Read 85235 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?
« Reply #550 on: April 22, 2021, 08:18:35 PM »
why is it so hard for people like lebron to just be honest here and apologize to(and thank) the police officer and call off his dogs

Why is it so hard for you to not constantly try to change subject and refuse to understand the point that systemic racism exists within policing in this country right now?

All you do is bring up side points to distract from the main issue. Maybe get upset and the main one for once.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #551 on: April 22, 2021, 08:30:28 PM »
Focused on the important issues I see.

you're a piece of work sully...so tell me what the "important issues" are.  this is all very relevant to the thread with exception of "black man".   when joy(less) behar wonders why the cop didn't fire a "warning shot" or shoot the girl in the "behind" the truth and the reality of this situation has got to be revealed.  the media narrative is just so wrong and is further dividing this nation

the celebrities and big shot politicians need get rid of their armed security and hire social workers to see how this works out first-show us how that's done
don't...don't don't don't don't

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #552 on: April 22, 2021, 08:31:46 PM »
Why is it so hard for you to not constantly try to change subject and refuse to understand the point that systemic racism exists within policing in this country right now?

All you do is bring up side points to distract from the main issue. Maybe get upset and the main one for once.

because that's not the topic of this thread and sorry, but i disagree with your premise.  last time i checked, that's supposed to be ok in this country...yet

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #553 on: April 22, 2021, 08:40:15 PM »
I don’t know, maybe the cop standing by and watching the 15 year old stab the 13 year old, so people could rail on the cop for letting an innocent 13 year old get killed?   I know you said you’re not blaming the cop, but the 13 year old was clearly about to be stabbed. It’s one teen or the other.

Those were the only possible outcomes?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #554 on: April 22, 2021, 08:43:15 PM »
you're a piece of work sully...so tell me what the "important issues" are.  this is all very relevant to the thread with exception of "black man".   when joy(less) behar wonders why the cop didn't fire a "warning shot" or shoot the girl in the "behind" the truth and the reality of this situation has got to be revealed.  the media narrative is just so wrong and is further dividing this nation

the celebrities and big shot politicians need get rid of their armed security and hire social workers to see how this works out first-show us how that's done

Joy Behar isn’t “the media”, she’s a bleeding heart liberal who sits on with other dramatic women and argues about pointless stuff to entertain housewives having coffee after their kids go to school.  She’s a wannabe firebrand for ratings.  What she or Lebron or Ted Nugent or James Woods said is completely unimportant and not worth focusing on for more than 2 min and isn’t the “media narrative”.

If you wanna complain about Lester Holt or Cuomo and a media narrative, fine.  But stop wasting brain cells on people who are wholly unimportant to these discussions.  Unless you have nothing else to add to the underlying issues at hand.  If that’s the case, just be honest about thinking “reactions” are more important than the actual issues.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #555 on: April 22, 2021, 08:52:35 PM »
Those were the only possible outcomes?
You're right. The 13 year old could have lived after being stabbed a bunch o’ times by the 15 year old.

And there would still be cries of, why didn’t the cop do something to protect that innocent 13 year old? 

Tell me what else could have realistically happened. You saw the latest video from the neighbor’s security cam. The 15 year old was raising her hand with the life, in a rage. Do you think she wasn’t going to stab the 13 year old? 

I’ll hang up and listen for my answer.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #556 on: April 22, 2021, 09:07:20 PM »
You're right. The 13 year old could have lived after being stabbed a bunch o’ times by the 15 year old.

And there would still be cries of, why didn’t the cop do something to protect that innocent 13 year old? 

Tell me what else could have realistically happened. You saw the latest video from the neighbor’s security cam. The 15 year old was raising her hand with the life, in a rage. Do you think she wasn’t going to stab the 13 year old? 

I confess, I don't know what could have happened. I do know that a 15-year-old girl being shot dead by a cop is a terrible outcome, no matter how you spin it. And again, I do not and have not blamed the cop here.

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #557 on: April 22, 2021, 09:08:22 PM »

This is how utterly insane, stupid, and sick the cop haters and race baiters in this country have become.  Justification of a shooting of a black person on video in the act of attempted murder is now debated and there’s shades of gray. 

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #558 on: April 22, 2021, 09:19:18 PM »
I confess, I don't know what could have happened. I do know that a 15-year-old girl being shot dead by a cop is a terrible outcome, no matter how you spin it. And again, I do not and have not blamed the cop here.
I don’t think it can be spun. It’s a horrible outcome. I also don’t know if the 13 year old was innocent in all of this, not that it justifies getting the 15 year old’s actions. But the fact is the 13 year old, unarmed girl was about to be stabbed.

HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #559 on: April 22, 2021, 11:35:25 PM »
why is it so hard for people like lebron to just be honest here and apologize to(and thank) the police officer and call off his dogs

I mean he deleted it. Walked back on it. The only way you're getting an apology is if your boys apologize as well which doesn't happen so we keep circling the toilet bowl aine?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #560 on: April 23, 2021, 05:16:46 AM »
If you think the biggest problem with this issue is what a celebrity or athlete tweeted or said, then you’re part of the problem.

Policing in this country needs a thorough re-examination.  Economic disparity amongst communities needs a thorough re-examination.  Racism permeating our society at all levels in 2021 needs a thorough re-examination.  These are the things that are important.

Deflection or whataboutism just kicks the can down the road.  These things will keep happening and as they do, things will get progressively worse. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #561 on: April 23, 2021, 07:38:46 AM »
If you think the biggest problem with this issue is what a celebrity or athlete tweeted or said, then you’re part of the problem.

Policing in this country needs a thorough re-examination.  Economic disparity amongst communities needs a thorough re-examination.  Racism permeating our society at all levels in 2021 needs a thorough re-examination.  These are the things that are important.

Deflection or whataboutism just kicks the can down the road.  These things will keep happening and as they do, things will get progressively worse.

never said that was the biggest problem, but you guys really struggle with some of the points being brought up here then shift to economy.  you are the one doing the deflection.  if you want to start a thread on economic disparity "amongst" communities, let's do it.  you want to start a thread on racism permeating our society at all levels in 2021-start one up.  but this thread, as i understood it was about black people getting killed by the police. 

that BLM thing raised close to $100 million.  we don't know for sure because they won't open the books, but where is that money going?  there have been very worthy inner city groups asking for help and,,, crickets.  then you see one of their leaders(patrisse khan cullers) buying multiple homes(4 homes for $3.2 million), one of them in a very prominent white area(topanga canyon) in california...racism must not be a problem there. 

the george floyd verdict should be significant from the standpoint that MOST everyone agreed with it including myself.  that video was beyond disgusting, but the media wants to portray us as polarizing?  no no no, but the video of the 15 year old getting shot with a knife midair targeting another young black girl is polarizing?  this wasn't based a story being told, this was based on a number of videos from different angles.  it was a heroic act by the cop.  the fact that there wasn't any collateral damage is remarkable.

just like MOST can be honest about what we saw in the george floyd vidoes, why can't they be honest about the most recent video?   lebron needed to go out there and say listen, the cop did his job and protected a life (or lives).  we need respected leaders to tell the truth.  ALL LIVES MATTER (ALM)

Goose

• All American
« Reply #562 on: April 23, 2021, 07:55:02 AM »
rocket

I agree with much of what said in your post. I firmly believe that not every police incident is the same. The dickhead cop that killed Floyd was rightfully convicted, IMO. That said, not every police incident is that clear cut. As I stated yesterday, I am not a big fan of cops but respect them. I fully understand there are bad apples everywhere in society and believe good should not automatically be lumped together with bad.

You are correct, the thread was started due to police shooting and not the economy. I said many times over the last year that BLM should be focusing their efforts on the economic front as much, or more, than on the police incidents. One bad police shooting is too many and I believe anyone with a brain would agree. The black community gets the shaft from banks, landlords, mortgage companies, etc every day and that is a bigger problem IMO.

My core belief is that the inner city needs a ton of help and support from a lot of people, including the cops. Again, if I was leading BLM movement I would spend 90% of my time fighting fairness on the fronts I mentioned in the last paragraph.

I will add that any time there is a bad police shooting, regardless of who got killed, I hope there is justice served. IMO, the female officer in MN made a horrible mistake and believe it should not be lumped in with the dickhead ten miles away. The officer in Ohio likely defused a very bad decision and should not be judged using other recent incidents as the standard. All people are different and all situations are different and all people and situations should be judged on their own merit.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2021, 08:26:35 AM »
  never said that was the biggest problem, but you guys really struggle with some of the points being brought up here then shift to economy.  you are the one doing the deflection.  if you want to start a thread on economic disparity "amongst" communities, let's do it.  you want to start a thread on racism permeating our society at all levels in 2021-start one up.  but this thread, as i understood it was about black people getting killed by the police. 

that BLM thing raised close to $100 million.  we don't know for sure because they won't open the books, but where is that money going?  there have been very worthy inner city groups asking for help and,,, crickets.  then you see one of their leaders(patrisse khan cullers) buying multiple homes(4 homes for $3.2 million), one of them in a very prominent white area(topanga canyon) in california...racism must not be a problem there. 

the george floyd verdict should be significant from the standpoint that MOST everyone agreed with it including myself.  that video was beyond disgusting, but the media wants to portray us as polarizing?  no no no, but the video of the 15 year old getting shot with a knife midair targeting another young black girl is polarizing?  this wasn't based a story being told, this was based on a number of videos from different angles.  it was a heroic act by the cop.  the fact that there wasn't any collateral damage is remarkable.

just like MOST can be honest about what we saw in the george floyd vidoes, why can't they be honest about the most recent video?   lebron needed to go out there and say listen, the cop did his job and protected a life (or lives).  we need respected leaders to tell the truth.  ALL LIVES MATTER (ALM)

All lives matter is very much a deflection.  As for respected leaders telling the truth, we can certainly go down that path when it comes to these issues, including policing. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #564 on: April 23, 2021, 08:28:04 AM »
author=rocket surgeon link=topic=61896.msg1345389#msg1345389 date=161918152

Some friendly advice, rocket: Don't take everything Fox News and the New York Post tells you as Gospel. You do so, and then spread falsehoods here, which makes you look silly.

While some social media users suggested that the purchases were evidence that Khan-Cullors had been enriched by the movement, our research revealed no evidence that Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation funds were used to purchase property. Khan-Cullors has held several other jobs in addition to her work as the organization’s volunteer executive director, including writing a memoir and developing content for Warner Brothers.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/04/19/fact-check-misleading-claim-blm-co-founders-real-estate/7241450002/

As for BLM Inc. not opening its books, that's because the IRS didn't grant it nonprofit status until December. Now that it has that status, it will be required to file annual reports with the federal government.
Also, this:
https://apnews.com/article/black-lives-matter-90-million-finances-8a80cad199f54c0c4b9e74283d27366f

I have no stake in BLM Inc. one way or another, but if you want to be critical of the organization, back it up with facts, not Murdoch Family talking points.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:35:48 AM by Pakuni »

• All American
« Reply #565 on: April 23, 2021, 08:29:11 AM »
because that's not the topic of this thread and sorry, but i disagree with your premise. 

It's not a premise.  It's the truth.  Sorry you can't see that.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #566 on: April 23, 2021, 08:33:24 AM »
All lives matter is very much a deflection.  As for respected leaders telling the truth, we can certainly go down that path when it comes to these issues, including policing.

It's not only a deflection, but it it is an intentional attempt to minimize the actual problem.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #567 on: April 23, 2021, 08:37:31 AM »
It's not only a deflection, but it it is an intentional attempt to minimize the actual problem.

It's white fragility.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #568 on: April 23, 2021, 08:46:58 AM »
Face it, this country is likely headed for civil war. Lots of questions, few answers. The divide is too great.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #569 on: April 23, 2021, 09:07:07 AM »
Face it, this country is likely headed for civil war. Lots of questions, few answers. The divide is too great.

I don't imagine there are as many people who have this belief as you think.  You live in a very strange bubble if you think this is how the rest of the US thinks.

It's white fragility.

Absolutely.  Because if the world is equal in rocket's eyes then he can see himself as a stunning success.  But he is too emotionally and intellectually weak to admit that maybe he had a few more advantages in this world than non-whites.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #570 on: April 23, 2021, 09:10:19 AM »

OK, Alex Jones.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #571 on: April 23, 2021, 09:16:05 AM »

Idk if its headed to civil war but it certainly shouldn't be 1 country anymore.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #572 on: April 23, 2021, 09:21:07 AM »
Idk if its headed to civil war but it certainly shouldn't be 1 country anymore.

You guys need to read some history and quit being prisoners of the moment.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #573 on: April 23, 2021, 09:23:35 AM »
You guys need to read some history and quit being prisoners of the moment.

I'm not allowed to believe that ideologically we've veered too far from each other in certain other spots? It isn't a moment thing it's is at least 40yrs in the making maybe longer.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #574 on: April 23, 2021, 09:25:37 AM »
I'm not allowed to believe that ideologically we've veered too far from each other in certain other spots? It isn't a moment thing it's is at least 40yrs in the making maybe longer.

Strongly disagree.  The US has been through much worse and survived.