[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?  (Read 85211 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?
« Reply #450 on: April 22, 2021, 10:14:42 AM »
Will he apologize to that cop who saved this young girl?  Or will he ever tweet about horrific murders like Jaslyn Adam's?  Left Wokism is absolutely destroying this country.

Yes he has are you happy? Will this get you to shut up with these talking points or does he need to tweet about every one in every city ever?

http://es.pn/1FNbnDx

What do you know there's more examples

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-lebron-james-tweets-about-6-children-being-killed-by-gun-violence-in-the-us/

In fact he made a statement with Wade, Wade mentioned the police killings as well as gang retaliation so you're going to need to rationally read through the statement and see it's culpability for all parties.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/berger-lebron-other-nba-stars-take-monumental-step-in-speaking-out-against-violence/

He's also said this where he says all violence needs to stop. I know he mentions police but maybe read past that.

“I do not condone violence towards anyone,” James said. “Police, Black people, white people, anyone of color, anyone not of color because that’s not gonna ever make this world or America what we want it to be.”
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 10:25:20 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #451 on: April 22, 2021, 10:24:34 AM »
Yes he has are you happy? Will this get you to shut up with these talking points or does he need to tweet about every one in every city ever?

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-lebron-james-tweets-about-6-children-being-killed-by-gun-violence-in-the-us/

In fact he made a statement with Wade, Wade mentioned the police killings as well as gang retaliation so you're going to need to rationally read through the statement and see it's culpability for all parties.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/berger-lebron-other-nba-stars-take-monumental-step-in-speaking-out-against-violence/

He's an imbecile and you know this very well Galway.  You guys repeat your talking points every day. 

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #452 on: April 22, 2021, 10:27:30 AM »
He's an imbecile and you know this very well Galway.  You guys repeat your talking points every day.

...so you claim Lebron never tweets about horrific murders like Jaslyn Adams...Galway provides you evidence that he has...who's repeating talking points here?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #453 on: April 22, 2021, 10:27:44 AM »

I hate Lebron James for a ton of reasons but I'm sticking to the facts, fact is he has tweeted about those types of murders. You have repeated, literally, the same talking point from yesterday.

PS I tried to reach out and gain an insight into your viewpoint's origins so we might communicate better and got no response, instead you left the thread.
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #454 on: April 22, 2021, 10:31:25 AM »

LeBron is not an "imbecile." What a ridiculous thing to say. He's a self-made billionaire, and not because his daddy gave him hundreds of millions of dollars. And he actually does significant benevolent work that benefits society.

He has said dopey things. Welcome to the club. If that's the bar for "imbeciles," Scoop is filled with 'em, including you and me.

Oh, and when you have to use falsehoods (as in LeBron's twitting history) to make your point, your point is not very sharp. C'mon Muggs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #455 on: April 22, 2021, 10:33:10 AM »
Will he apologize to that cop who saved this young girl?  Or will he ever tweet about horrific murders like Jaslyn Adam's?  Left Wokism is absolutely destroying this country.

Racism has been destroying this country for years, so I think we’ll survive wokism
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #456 on: April 22, 2021, 10:33:49 AM »

The DJIA is at 34,000.  Please explain how the country is being destroyed?  All metrics of a functioning society seem to indicate it is doing ok.

As for Jaslyn Adams, your concern is admirable.  Sadly gang violence like that is a very unfortunate reality in many cities.  I have worked with numerous professional athletes throughout the years who tirelessly worked behind the scenes to help alleviate it.  Tragic as it is it is not surprising in gang infested areas.  What should always be surprising and warrant public outcry is when those charged to protect us, instead do harm.  Even worse when those charged to protect us, do harm and then band together in solidarity and do not admit their mistakes. 

Everyone know that gang banger(s) who shot Jaslyn is a POS.  No one is defending him / them.  But police fraternities are slow and silent on wrongful deaths from their hands. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #457 on: April 22, 2021, 10:36:03 AM »
The DJIA is at 34,000.  Please explain how the country is being destroyed?  All metrics of a functioning society seem to indicate it is doing ok.

As for Jaslyn Adams, your concern is admirable.  Sadly gang violence like that is a very unfortunate reality in many cities.  I have worked with numerous professional athletes throughout the years who tirelessly worked behind the scenes to help alleviate it.  Tragic as it is it is not surprising in gang infested areas.  What should always be surprising and warrant public outcry is when those charged to protect us, instead do harm.  Even worse when those charged to protect us, do harm and then band together in solidarity and do not admit their mistakes. 

Everyone know that gang banger(s) who shot Jaslyn is a POS.  No one is defending him / them.  But police fraternities are slow and silent on wrongful deaths from their hands.

For what it's worth the dad's a piece of $hit as well. He filmed himself pissing and spitting on a rival gang member's grave. Does he really think that gang or family weren't going to retaliate?

Obviously the child didn't deserve to die. This guy, as a father and gang member, should probably have the thought process of "if I do this, then they will come after me. Whether my child is in the car or not"

Here's the link

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.61699/title.chicago-rapper-pissed-on-opps-grave-prior-to-7-year-old-daughters-mcdonalds-murder
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 10:39:40 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #458 on: April 22, 2021, 10:42:01 AM »
I was just thinking, I also strongly dislike LBJ, much like some on here disliked Rush. That said, I respect his right to say anything he feels helps his cause, regardless if I agree with him or not. If something bad happened LBJ I would not celebrate the event. Whether I think LBJ says things that hurt a cause or help cause really is my business, but it does not allow my the right to hate everyone that supports him. For the record, I think LBJ and Ted Nugent both should stick to their days jobs

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #459 on: April 22, 2021, 10:46:21 AM »
Racism has been destroying this country for years, so I think we’ll survive wokism

Well what these "proposals "will lead to is hamstrung police departments and far more violence and death.  Would you rather see thousands more dead?  And insisting that our system is systemically racist, or that our citizens are predominately racists, has lead and will lead to more racists.   As I have said before even if 95% of Americans conceded that this insistence about ubiquitous racism is true it wouldn't solve these very challenging problems. 

You cannot have a comprehensive discussion about change by simply yelling racism, racism, racism, after every single police incident.  It starts in the home, in our schools, and on the streets of course.  And if you think this is a totally separate issue from so called systemic police racism, or that's it a smaller issue for that matter, you're being intellectually dishonest.  The discussion has to include all of these things, including abusive cops, but also personal responsibility, committing crimes, and resisting arrest.  It can't just be vilifying police and our citizens for "the system".
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 10:55:27 AM by MuggsyB »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #460 on: April 22, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »
Well what these "proposals "will lead to is hamstrung police departments and far more violence and death.  Would you rather see thousands more dead?  And insisting that our system is systemically racist, or that our citizens are predominately racists, has lead and will lead to more racists.   As I have said before even if 95% of Americans conceded that this insistence about ubiquitous racism is true it wouldn't solve these very challenging problems. 

You cannot have a comprehensive discussion about change by simply yelling racism, racism, racism, after single police incident.  It starts in the home, in our schools, and on the streets of course.  And if you thi l this is a totally separate issue from so called systemic police racism, or that's it a smaller issue for that matter, you're being intellectually dishonest.  The discussion has to include all of these things, including abusive cops, but also personal responsibility, committing crimes, and resisting arrest.  It can't be vilifying police and our citizens for "the system".

I very much agree with this statement. There's been protests after every shooting recently and it's probably time to take a step back and say "they had a gun or a knife... ok" and be more selective in protest
Maigh Eo for Sam

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #461 on: April 22, 2021, 10:51:09 AM »

He's also said this where he says all violence needs to stop. I know he mentions police but maybe read past that.

“I do not condone violence towards anyone,” James said. “Police, Black people, white people, anyone of color, anyone not of color because that’s not gonna ever make this world or America what we want it to be.”

Ya...that was 6 yrs ago.  How about meeting with this cop and others, apologizing, trying to understand their perspective, and wait more than 5 secs to Tweet "You're next" with a picture of the cop.  He's a hypocrite and a total imbecile imo.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #462 on: April 22, 2021, 10:53:30 AM »
I was just thinking, I also strongly dislike LBJ, much like some on here disliked Rush. That said, I respect his right to say anything he feels helps his cause, regardless if I agree with him or not. If something bad happened LBJ I would not celebrate the event. Whether I think LBJ says things that hurt a cause or help cause really is my business, but it does not allow my the right to hate everyone that supports him. For the record, I think LBJ and Ted Nugent both should stick to their days jobs

I appreciate this take, Goose, though I'm pretty sure that LBJ has done more for society in the average hour than Nugent has in his entire life. But that's a whole 'nother discussion. Again, thanks for a reasonable, calm comment.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #463 on: April 22, 2021, 10:57:09 AM »
Ya...that was 6 yrs ago.  How about meeting with this cop and others, apologizing, trying to understand their perspective, and wait more than 5 secs to Tweet "You're next" with a picture of the cop.  He's a hypocrite and a total imbecile imo.

Ok so 1 is six years ago...

Did you read the second one which was from last summer or immediately jump to conclusions?

Given your response I'm going to answer that you jumped to conclusions.

Edit: also why should he apologize from the get go? Or do you mean apologize for the "you're next" because that I agree was classless and doesn't help dialogue. I am fully on board with hating Lebron, fully against his recent tweet and subsequent defense of it. I'm not on board with the false arguments you've presented, false comparisons or the use of slippery slope arguments.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:02:15 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Goose

• All American
« Reply #464 on: April 22, 2021, 11:00:09 AM »

Biggest problem in this country, IMO, is every feels they have the right to determine right and wrong, good or bad on every topic. The older I get the less black and white life has become. I dislike cops as a rule, but respect cops. The idiot cop in Minneapolis is in the can and he belongs there. The female cop that accidently killed the guy does not belong in the can, IMO. Nothing is going to change in this country until people stop being so black and white on things.

I'll take your word on what LBJ has done for society vs. Ted. That said, I know one thing about LBJ, he's no MJ.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #465 on: April 22, 2021, 11:03:29 AM »
LeBron was born to an impoverish single mother who was 16 years old.  He ended up building a school for similarly at risk kids in his hometown.  How anyone could see him as anything but the American Dream is beyond me.   
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

tower912

• All American
« Reply #466 on: April 22, 2021, 11:04:48 AM »
Hah I read this and immediately thought you meant Lyndon B Johnson lmao
I thought 'pretty harsh for a president dead for 50 years.'
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #467 on: April 22, 2021, 11:05:17 AM »
LeBron was born to an impoverish single mother who was 16 years old.  He ended up building a school for similarly at risk kids in his hometown.  How anyone could see him as anything but the American Dream is beyond me.

Because he didn't play in college. Then keep his mouth shut about anything political/social despite going to college. Aka shut up and dribble.

Actually I don't know why I used teal, im pretty confident it's accurate if you add in the special rules he gets to play by but that's stars in general.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:09:24 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #468 on: April 22, 2021, 11:07:07 AM »
I thought 'pretty harsh for a president dead for 50 years.'

Yeah, I thought it was a deep joke about the prior post saying republicans wouldn't call out there own and 4ever was calling out someone he supported back in the day who was a dem.

Would've been a solid thinker overall.
Maigh Eo for Sam

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #469 on: April 22, 2021, 11:08:33 AM »

Did you really just compare Lebron James with Rush Limbaugh and Ted Nugent? One of those people isn't like the others.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #470 on: April 22, 2021, 11:09:52 AM »

Biggest problem in this country, IMO, is every feels they have the right to determine right and wrong, good or bad on every topic. The older I get the less black and white life has become. I dislike cops as a rule, but respect cops. The idiot cop in Minneapolis is in the can and he belongs there. The female cop that accidently killed the guy does not belong in the can, IMO. Nothing is going to change in this country until people stop being so black and white on things.

I'll take your word on what LBJ has done for society vs. Ted. That said, I know one thing about LBJ, he's no MJ.

We agree 100% about the amount of gray and nuance in most issues. Human nature to put things in black-and-white, simplistic terms. Easier to say, "LeBron is an idiot" or "LeBron is an imbecile," as some have done, than discuss something rationally. And yes, easier to say, "Orange man bad," too.

We generally agree about police officers, though if a driver who accidentally kills somebody is charged with vehicular homicide or manslaughter, then certainly a cop who draws her Taser instead of her gun and kills somebody can be charged with something. A jury will decide if she should be convicted.

I think many would argue that LBJ has been far more out-front on equality issues and far more altruistic of his time and money than MJ was at a similar stage of his career. But yes, MJ is the best player ever, and he has come around nicely on equality issues. He even has admitted that he was protecting his own bottom line in refusing to speak out during his career, which couldn't have been an easy admission for him.

Nice conversation, Goose. Thanks.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #471 on: April 22, 2021, 11:19:14 AM »
The only people who are imbeciles are those who think LeBron is better than Jordan.  NO ONE is better than Jordan.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:34:31 AM by The Lens »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #472 on: April 22, 2021, 11:29:59 AM »
Hah I read this and immediately thought you meant Lyndon B Johnson lmao

Hymm two, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #473 on: April 22, 2021, 11:31:58 AM »
shoothoops

I love all people, not just folks that agree with me.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #474 on: April 22, 2021, 11:36:21 AM »

You get more worked about an LBJ tweet than you do about police actually killing someone.  Telling.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow