[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?  (Read 85238 times)

jficke13

• All American
Re: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?
« Reply #425 on: April 21, 2021, 02:42:28 PM »
  think ya got em all covered?   convenient filter ya got there.  btw, criticism of chinese gubmint is more about human rights issues and...ahem...slavery?  there are many profiting from this abhorrent treatment of human beings that has been an ongoing flashpoint about our very own country.  big difference is we saw the wrong and corrected it.  terrible things going on in china right now.  nothing much said about the "editing"/censoring of the freddie mercury movie for example.  big hollywood had no problems there.  wonder why?  not really

whataboutism?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #426 on: April 21, 2021, 02:50:39 PM »
China is a huge blind spot for ALL of America.  IMO we're all guilty of it.  I would wager that your portfolio is doing well in part because of American company's mining the Chinese consumer the past 10-15 years.  But LeBron's indifference to the Uyghurs doesn't invalidate his stance on police brutality.

Ding ding ding

I assume rocket has divested from any company doing business in china. And he also never buys any product made in china or with a part made in china. Otherwise, he's a huge hypocrite.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #427 on: April 21, 2021, 03:00:32 PM »
  think ya got em all covered?   convenient filter ya got there.  btw, criticism of chinese gubmint is more about human rights issues and...ahem...slavery?  there are many profiting from this abhorrent treatment of human beings that has been an ongoing flashpoint about our very own country.  big difference is we saw the wrong and corrected it.  terrible things going on in china right now.  nothing much said about the "editing"/censoring of the freddie mercury movie for example.  big hollywood had no problems there.  wonder why?  not really

hoo boy.

what kind of cellphone do you use? do you own a tablet and/or computer; where were they made? do you or any member of your family wear raybans, hushpuppies and levis? have you ever supported a politician who had clothing manufactured under his name that was made in china (even as he claimed that china was evil)? how about that politician's daughter's clothing line? etc etc etc. show us your hands are 100% clean and we'll respect your viewpoint on this subject a little more.

in the meantime, if you go to the grocery store and they ask if you want to give $1 to fight childhood cancer, i suggest you get all angry and say, "all cancer matters," and storm out.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #428 on: April 21, 2021, 03:05:15 PM »

My favorite part is when you said we corrected racism.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #429 on: April 21, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
Ding ding ding

I assume rocket has divested from any company doing business in china. And he also never buys any product made in china or with a part made in china. Otherwise, he's a huge hypocrite.

Gotta be awkward when he shows up to the office naked, hey?

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #430 on: April 21, 2021, 03:20:31 PM »

Gotta be awkward when he shows up to the office naked, hey?

Probably no issue if he doesn’t shave his head.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #431 on: April 21, 2021, 03:50:32 PM »

almost spit my coffee

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #432 on: April 21, 2021, 04:03:26 PM »

Well played.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #433 on: April 21, 2021, 04:59:56 PM »
And when Garland investigates the Minneapolis police he will find out that are primarily Democrats.

If you truly believe this, I have a number of bridges and South Florida investment properties you might be interested in.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #434 on: April 21, 2021, 06:04:29 PM »
If you truly believe this, I have a number of bridges and South Florida investment properties you might be interested in.
Its cut from the same cloth as "The January 6th insurrectionists were really Antifa and BLM".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #435 on: April 21, 2021, 07:15:25 PM »
True....
Its cut from the same cloth as "The January 6th insurrectionists were really Antifa and BLM".
....and true.

What's also true is that if the DOJ does find that elected officials that are Democrats are guilty of wrongdoing 80% of Dem voters will call for them to be prosecuted, 15% will call for due process (and accept the results) and 5% will engage in deflection/whataboutism.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #436 on: April 21, 2021, 08:00:09 PM »
My favorite part is when you said we corrected racism.

do you have to intentionally be obtuse? slavery
don't...don't don't don't don't

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #437 on: April 21, 2021, 09:13:59 PM »
True........and true.

What's also true is that if the DOJ does find that elected officials that are Democrats are guilty of wrongdoing 80% of Dem voters will call for them to be prosecuted, 15% will call for due process (and accept the results) and 5% will engage in deflection/whataboutism.

Where are those stats on the virtuous and noble Democrat voters coming from?  Cause that feels like some blue tinged glasses

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #438 on: April 21, 2021, 09:32:27 PM »
Do you think people will be "satisfied" with the verdict if he's convicted on all charges assuming Waters didn't cause an automatic appeal or mistrial?  Or will there be violence regardless of the verdict?

Here's what I noticed having just watched the summations:  The prosecutor was excellent and the defense lawyer was solid as well.  There is no such thing as a slam dunk verdict.  But the prosecutor not a single time invoked race as having anything to do with this particular case , nor did he condemn police departments.. 

As far as I know race was never mentioned at all during the entire trial.  This is about right and wrong, period.  The vast, vast, vast, majority of people at the very minimum, agree Chauvin was guilty of excessive force (manslaughter) which led to the death of Mr. Floyd.   I think all of us hope he's convicted on all charges but that won't necessarily please the protesters and rioters.  Unfortunately the fact that this case wasn't moved to a different venue, and you have people like Maxine Waters saying asinine things in the streets, this is potentially a fking nightmare.  And the Governor of Minnesota, proved in his comments as well, that he's a complete asshead..

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #439 on: April 22, 2021, 05:33:12 AM »
True........and true.

Democrat here, lifelong (thus far). This is absolutely false. I'd guess somewhere around 80% of Democrats would say "who?", 15% will blame it on the Republicans or some form of conspiracy, & 5% will accept it at face value.

People that spend all day watching MSNBC/Fox, reading Twitter etc tend to vastly overestimate the extent to which people in their party actually care at all. Legitimate research shows that only 25% of Americans can even name the 3 branches of the federal government.

Vast majority of people vote for the one thing they themselves want & otherwise have negligible involvement in politics.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #440 on: April 22, 2021, 06:19:24 AM »
do you have to intentionally be obtuse? slavery

Oof

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #441 on: April 22, 2021, 06:24:56 AM »
Democrat here, lifelong (thus far). This is absolutely false. I'd guess somewhere around 80% of Democrats would say "who?", 15% will blame it on the Republicans or some form of conspiracy, & 5% will accept it at face value.

People that spend all day watching MSNBC/Fox, reading Twitter etc tend to vastly overestimate the extent to which people in their party actually care at all. Legitimate research shows that only 25% of Americans can even name the 3 branches of the federal government.

Vast majority of people vote for the one thing they themselves want & otherwise have negligible involvement in politics.

The 25% seems high based on my experiences.  I did a very informal survey of knowledge of government for a class I took in college.  I questioned fellow college students and locals, most of which lived in rural Wisconsin.  The questions ranged from naming the political party of their US Senators to being able to name their districts state rep.  The lack of knowledge was astounding.  It’s always stuck with me and been reinforced over and over when listening to friends or overhearing others talk about politics. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #442 on: April 22, 2021, 07:55:05 AM »
And another Black man shot by police, this time in NC.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/north-carolina/article250843094.html?

Details are sketchy still, so withholding any opinion. but protests are going on as the State Bureau of Investigations takes over the case.

But a city councilman, who is Black, reflects on the fear of a Black person having any kind of encounter with police:

“I’m afraid. You know, I mean let’s be real. We talk about transparency, I’m gonna be transparent. I’m afraid, as a Black man walking around this city, driving my car down the road ... "

White people (including me, obviously) will never ever know what systemic racism feels like in our everyday lives.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #443 on: April 22, 2021, 07:57:55 AM »
Where are those stats on the virtuous and noble Democrat voters coming from?  Cause that feels like some blue tinged glasses
In retrospect - guilty as charged. I was way to optimistic.

What I was getting at can be illustrated in this thread and is a microcosm for the population in general. I'll go back and read it (later today and with non tint glasses) but the sentiment to Biden and Waters comments were 'Absolutely dumb and should not have been said but that shouldn't be the thing that outrages you about this situation'. Not defending the comments, not justifying them, just agreeing that the politician was wrong. I don't see that ever happening from the MAGA Scoopers about any Repub that's not considered a RINO.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #444 on: April 22, 2021, 08:22:36 AM »
In retrospect - guilty as charged. I was way to optimistic.

What I was getting at can be illustrated in this thread and is a microcosm for the population in general. I'll go back and read it (later today and with non tint glasses) but the sentiment to Biden and Waters comments were 'Absolutely dumb and should not have been said but that shouldn't be the thing that outrages you about this situation'. Not defending the comments, not justifying them, just agreeing that the politician was wrong. I don't see that ever happening from the MAGA Scoopers about any Repub that's not considered a RINO.

Yeah, your percentages were a little wacky, but your thought was reasonable IMHO.

Al Franken was forced out of Congress - by Democrats - for doing something a fraction as bad as what Gaetz allegedly did, what TaylQr-Greene did, etc. Weiner, too. He obviously had to go, but we'll see how Republicans treat Gaetz. I mean, the previous president incited a deadly riot that attempted to cancel the votes of tens of millions of Americans and resulted in 100+ cops being injured ... and not only didn't most of his fellow "law and order" Republicans take action against him, they bowed to their king and refused to acknowledge that he lost a free and fair election. The handful of Republican legislators who courageously did vote to impeach him? Those were the people the GOP went after.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #445 on: April 22, 2021, 09:28:48 AM »
LBJ is an idiot.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #446 on: April 22, 2021, 10:01:39 AM »
LBJ is an idiot.

Will he apologize to that cop who saved this young girl?  Or will he ever tweet about horrific murders like Jaslyn Adam's?  Left Wokism is absolutely destroying this country. 

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #447 on: April 22, 2021, 10:06:04 AM »
Will he apologize to that cop who saved this young girl?  Or will he ever tweet about horrific murders like Jaslyn Adam's?  Left Wokism is absolutely destroying this country.

Lebron James tweeting is destroying this country? Man, I thought we were made of sterner stuff than that if this is what takes us down.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #448 on: April 22, 2021, 10:12:25 AM »
LBJ is an idiot.

Hah I read this and immediately thought you meant Lyndon B Johnson lmao
Maigh Eo for Sam

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #449 on: April 22, 2021, 10:13:34 AM »

1. No, he's a celebrity, relax

2. No, she wasn't murdered by the state

3. Nope, just trying to drag you guys into the 21st century.

feedback