[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette Game Watching Bars in Milwaukee  (Read 8616 times)

BM1090

• All American
Re: Marquette Game Watching Bars in Milwaukee
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »
Replay doesn?t exist anymore. It was Rosatis for a short time and that closed.

Upper 90 is now a Point Burger Bar. The Point Burger bar is a big upgrade from Upper 90 in terms of watching games. Tons of TVs and better seating arrangement.

Point is a great environment for viewing the game, for sure. Lots of TVs and they are very close together. The issue is the sound. They won't play the Marquette sound over the Bucks sound unless there are a lot of Marquette fans there, and usually there aren't. And the Bucks play the Warriors tomorrow night in Milwaukee so there's just no chance the sound will be on for the end of the game.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 04:45:08 PM »
I?ve never been to a bar in Milwaukee that really had a great marquette atmosphere. I?ve been to alumni bars in Boston, and Chicago and thought the atmosphere was a lot better.

This has always kind of surprised me. We don't have one of those classic bars with tons of old memorabilia all over the walls celebrating teams from the past. I remember visiting Nick's at IU and thinking how we didn't have something similar at Marquette.

Maybe when I hit that powerball...
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2018, 05:28:21 PM »
This has always kind of surprised me. We don't have one of those classic bars with tons of old memorabilia all over the walls celebrating teams from the past. I remember visiting Nick's at IU and thinking how we didn't have something similar at Marquette.

Maybe when I hit that powerball...

You don't count the annex? It has the memorabilia; maybe not the crowd you want.
Have some patience, FFS.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 05:32:10 PM »
You don't count the annex? It has the memorabilia; maybe not the any crowd you want.

Fixed it. The annex is something cool for prospective students and parents but on 9/10 game days it?s a ghost town except the two times a year they threw underclassmen game watching ?parties?
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »
Fixed it. The annex is something cool for prospective students and parents but on 9/10 game days it?s a ghost town except the two times a year they threw underclassmen game watching ?parties?

That's why I called the Annex, DePaul.  Huge potential.  The first year it was open (fall of '94) it was great.  I was underage but they didn't card too hard and they really programed that cage area for late night dancing and the bar was a classic MU drinking spot.  But word gets out kids are drinking at a University owned spot and well you know, that doesn't last long.

It could be a solid senior only bar but MU isn't that big so you need kids. 

And the management terrible.  Just awful so alums really don't want to go.  It can be a very, very painful experience.

But the original build-out, A+ it's a really cool look.  Only thing I would change is decorate the stairs going down to have atmosphere from the moment you walk in.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

🏀

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
That's why I called the Annex, DePaul.  Huge potential.  The first year it was open (fall of '94) it was great.  I was underage but they didn't card too hard and they really programed that cage area for late night dancing and the bar was a classic MU drinking spot.  But word gets out kids are drinking at a University owned spot and well you know, that doesn't last long.

It could be a solid senior only bar but MU isn't that big so you need kids. 

And the management terrible.  Just awful so alums really don't want to go.  It can be a very, very painful experience.

But the original build-out, A+ it's a really cool look.  Only thing I would change is decorate the stairs going down to have atmosphere from the moment you walk in.

Well put. They should just lease the space to someone that can manage a sports bar.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 07:20:34 PM »
Well put. They should just lease the space to someone that can manage a sports bar.

It is my understanding that by contract, Sodexo controls all food sold on campus - the dining halls, the coffee shops, the catering, the Annex, everything.  Chick jr's sorority wanted to hold a pancake breakfast to raise money for charity, and they were told they could not bring in any outside food onto Marquette property.  They wound up having it in a room at The Marq.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 07:53:49 PM »

It is my understanding that by contract, Sodexo controls all food sold on campus - the dining halls, the coffee shops, the catering, the Annex, everything.  Chick jr's sorority wanted to hold a pancake breakfast to raise money for charity, and they were told they could not bring in any outside food onto Marquette property.  They wound up having it in a room at The Marq.

That's a bad contact.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »
That's a bad contact.

I am pretty sure that's standard for University food service.
Have some patience, FFS.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »

What about universities with fast food inside dormitories?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 08:38:19 PM »
What about universities with fast food inside dormitories?

Those contracts are often worked out between Sodexho (or whatever food distributor) and the fast food company.

This is correct
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 08:43:11 PM »
Those contracts are often worked out between Sodexho (or whatever food distributor) and the fast food company.

This is correct

ND's Legends is University run, but not crappy

Then MU should probably look to other University run establishments for a better menu and bar.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 10:52:40 AM by PTM »

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2018, 10:20:39 AM »
Was thinking about trying to go somewhere with sound on in MKE tonight too.  Everywhere down by the BC is gonna be a zoo with the Bucks game tonight and the annex is closed.  Looks like I might be watching the game from the comfort of my own living room.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »
Was thinking about trying to go somewhere with sound on in MKE tonight too.  Everywhere down by the BC is gonna be a zoo with the Bucks game tonight and the annex is closed.  Looks like I might be watching the game from the comfort of my own living room.

I'm gonna try out the watch party at the Red Lion. It's really the only place I could find that would for sure have the sound and the game on. It sounds like it could potentially be promising. Would love to find a spot to go for road games moving forward, so fingers crossed.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 10:24:44 AM »
This is a very "Wisconsin" question, but any venues that are decent enough (read: not too rowdy) for smaller children? The game will be done before bedtime for a change, so we want to take the opportunity to get out!

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 10:48:04 AM »
I'm gonna try out the watch party at the Red Lion. It's really the only place I could find that would for sure have the sound and the game on. It sounds like it could potentially be promising. Would love to find a spot to go for road games moving forward, so fingers crossed.

I called over and the guy said he's sure that the game would be on but he wasn't certain if there was an actual watch party or not.  My group and I are gonna try it out though so hopefully if there's a big enough group of us they'll turn the sound on even if they hadn't planned on it.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 10:50:07 AM »
This is a very "Wisconsin" question, but any venues that are decent enough (read: not too rowdy) for smaller children? The game will be done before bedtime for a change, so we want to take the opportunity to get out!

The Annex!

T.V. Diener 34

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2018, 10:53:20 AM »
The Annex!

The Annex is closed until tomorrow.  It's part of their holiday hours until the students come back into town.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2018, 10:53:37 AM »
I called over and the guy said he's sure that the game would be on but he wasn't certain if there was an actual watch party or not.  My group and I are gonna try it out though so hopefully if there's a big enough group of us they'll turn the sound on even if they hadn't planned on it.

I think you'll be alright- https://www.facebook.com/events/1503153143073319/

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2018, 11:01:26 AM »

I reached out to the alumni association and they said there will be a watch party on the 2nd floor.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2018, 11:05:22 AM »
No more hooligans?

I'll be at the Red Lion pub today as well, then.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2018, 11:14:45 AM »

there's always Champps in Brookfield but they will likely have the Bucks audio on.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2018, 12:36:15 PM »
Dave and Busters. Lots of stuff for the kids and I think they?ll have sound on since MU b-ball hour is recorded there.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2018, 12:47:28 PM »
MU Men play on TV at 5:30p
MU women host Butler at The Al at 7:00pm

Good thing The Annex didn't open from Winter Break on a FRIDAY.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »
MU Men play on TV at 5:30p
MU women host Butler at The Al at 7:00pm

Good thing The Annex didn't open from Winter Break on a FRIDAY.

If the place is dead on a regular weekend, what makes you think it will have business over break?

They aren't even opening the dorms until Sunday.
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback