[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Game 4 - Go Friars  (Read 5200 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Game 4 - Go Friars
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 03:52:55 AM »
This is why i was so pissed off that MU lost twice to this PC team. They just aren't/weren't very good. I said that all along. I really believed they just took advantage of some situations down the stretch that got them in to the First Four. Otherwise, didn't have the look of an NCAA team to me.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2017, 04:21:22 AM »
I was impressed with the USC freshmen Nick Rokovecik as he had a pretty good game. Did MU have any interest in him as he is out of Chicago?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2017, 04:26:06 AM »
I was impressed with the USC freshmen Nick Rokovecik as he had a pretty good game. Did MU have any interest in him as he is out of Chicago?

Has Marquette even attempted to recruit Chicago since Teve and Kendrick Nunn?

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2017, 06:23:25 AM »
This is a lesson in not getting overly down if you start off flat - holy cow!
lol.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2017, 07:05:31 AM »
This is why i was so pissed off that MU lost twice to this PC team. They just aren't/weren't very good. I said that all along. I really believed they just took advantage of some situations down the stretch that got them in to the First Four. Otherwise, didn't have the look of an NCAA team to me.

PC got the calls against MU. The refs let USC get physical on PCs perimeter.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2017, 07:10:01 AM »
A big East team blew a large second half lead.  Glad it was someone else for a change.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2017, 07:21:41 AM »
PC got the calls against MU. The refs let USC get physical on PCs perimeter.
As time goes on it bothers me more an more about the non-travel calls because the court was slippery. You do not change the rules, especially for the home team that is responsable for the court conditions.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2017, 07:25:05 AM »
lol.
no kidding.  apparently it was actually a lesson on not counting your chickens before they hatch

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2017, 07:26:34 AM »
A big East team blew a large second half lead.  Glad it was someone else for a change.

"Someone else" = not Nova right?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2017, 07:56:51 AM »
This game was exactly why I was not sold on Cartwright and didn't think he deserved BE second team above Markus.  The announcers were going nuts over him in the first half because he has that look of a traditional point guard, but he turns the ball over too much and doesn't score enough. 

BTW, is PCScoop calling for Cooley's head?  I have been told that a second half collapse is solely the result of poor coaching.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2017, 08:02:26 AM »

Wojo hasn't really delved into Chicago much so far. I don't think we pursued Rakocevic, though at the time of his recruitment, we were pretty full up. He was a late decision last year, committing to USC in April.

We had Hauser early, and were slated to have 12 players, pending Howard's decision and reclassification (also committed in April). If Stan and Wojo had a good idea of Markus' plans, they really couldn't have recruited anyone else at that time until Henry declared. We ended up one under because the Ellensons left and we only added Reinhardt, but by the time that happened, it would've been too late to get in on Rakocevic, as Henry declared 5 days before and Wally's departure was announced 10 days after Rakocevic committed to USC.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2017, 08:05:33 AM »

Kind of like beating Creighton twice with no Mo Watson or X twice with no Sumner?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 08:15:58 AM »
Otherwise, didn't have the look of an NCAA team to me.

Okay...so who did? Syracuse? Illinois State? Who was left out at the Friars expense that should've been in?

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2017, 09:21:18 AM »
Pee down leg. #crapshoot though
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2017, 09:25:15 AM »
PC should not have even been in the play in game.  But they really let that one get away. USC's length and athleticism got to them in the 2H.  Lindsay stopped hitting shots.  The end.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2017, 09:35:43 AM »
This game was exactly why I was not sold on Cartwright and didn't think he deserved BE second team above Markus.  The announcers were going nuts over him in the first half because he has that look of a traditional point guard, but he turns the ball over too much and doesn't score enough. 

BTW, is PCScoop calling for Cooley's head?  I have been told that a second half collapse is solely the result of poor coaching.
If I was on that board I would be leading the charge against Cooley. He screwed the Big East last night. 
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2017, 09:37:58 AM »
If I was on that board I would be leading the charge against Cooley. He screwed the Big East last night.

Dear lord.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2017, 09:42:47 AM »

So the guy whose team was picked 9th in the preseason making it to the NCAA Tournament after losing his two best players to the NBA, earning a tourney share for the league, and returning all five starters next year is the guy you'd want to fire? Jeez...tough crowd you run with.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2017, 09:47:25 AM »

For sh*ts and giggles I went over and looked.

Some posters are saying that PC is soft and using an example when the USC guy walked through their huddle during a timeout with no repercussions. 

"Yes maybe you are right in the grand scheme of things but in a snap shot of yesterday, after usc got the lead back late in second half and that punk walked through our huddle and our guys came out of timeout flat was soft as wet dog poop."

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2017, 09:48:53 AM »
So the guy whose team was picked 9th in the preseason making it to the NCAA Tournament after losing his two best players to the NBA, earning a tourney share for the league, and returning all five starters next year is the guy you'd want to fire? Jeez...tough crowd you run with.
I was in the Pro Cooley camp until last night. It's called March Madness for a reason.  After a day or two I will be back in my usual Pro Cooley mode .  We have too much deep history with Cooley and PC for me to have a hate on him for long.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »

Wait ... I must have missed the story ... did the Big East have to disband after Cooley's evil production last night?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2017, 10:22:28 AM »
Wojo hasn't really delved into Chicago much so far. I don't think we pursued Rakocevic, though at the time of his recruitment, we were pretty full up. He was a late decision last year, committing to USC in April.

We had Hauser early, and were slated to have 12 players, pending Howard's decision and reclassification (also committed in April). If Stan and Wojo had a good idea of Markus' plans, they really couldn't have recruited anyone else at that time until Henry declared. We ended up one under because the Ellensons left and we only added Reinhardt, but by the time that happened, it would've been too late to get in on Rakocevic, as Henry declared 5 days before and Wally's departure was announced 10 days after Rakocevic committed to USC.

Rakocevic had some baggage in terms of serious questions about attitude that led to him not being as heavily recruited as he otherwise would have been. He held off on committing, bet on himself to some degree by waiting and he's had a pretty good frosh season. Definitely has the ability/potential to be a really good player as he continues to develop if he keeps his head on straight. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »

Hashtag @ScoopTakes
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2017, 01:00:42 PM »
Badgers were in heavy for Rakocevic... Lost out to USC

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2017, 01:01:47 PM »
Hashtag @ScoopTakes

I hope they stop using his posts in tweets. To shut the obvious troll up dont give them any attention.