Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Harangody's Injury  (Read 3018 times)

The Pickle

• Team Captain
Harangody's Injury
« on: February 27, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »
I see he's sitting against Georgetown.  Has anyone heard exactly what his injury is or any time table on his return?  Basically I am curious if he will still be sitting when we play them...

chren21

• All American
Re: Harangody's Injury
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 11:23:44 AM »
I think they are saving him for the BE tourney...

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 11:25:28 AM »
I think they are saving him for the BE tourney...

That makes sense.  They really don't have a chance making it as an at-large bid.  Their only hope is to win the Big East tournament...

Big Daddy Z

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 11:39:47 AM »
disagree about them making it..if the beat GT, UCONN & Us to end the season that would be a 4 game winning steak started by beating Pitt. They finish the BE 10-8...they will gte serious consideration.

MU83

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 11:50:47 AM »
I agree with Big Daddy Z.  If they win out, they will make the tourney.  They are playing extremely well right now, which begs the question; why weren't some of these kids getting playing time before?  I know Harangody's the guy, but they appear to be playing better ball with him out.  This could just be a coincidence, but they are playing some of the better teams in the Big East right now and really competing, which they weren't earlier in the season.  I have often wondered about Mike Brey, as in my opinion, he has not done a very good job at ND.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 12:40:51 PM »
I agree with Big Daddy Z.  If they win out, they will make the tourney.  They are playing extremely well right now, which begs the question; why weren't some of these kids getting playing time before?  I know Harangody's the guy, but they appear to be playing better ball with him out.  This could just be a coincidence, but they are playing some of the better teams in the Big East right now and really competing, which they weren't earlier in the season. 

Ewing Theory.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Murffieus

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 02:41:55 PM »
The way they were using harangody (letting him run around the floor instead of playing him low exclusively) ND is a better team without him. The others are stepping up bigtime.

Now if Harangody comes back and stays low in post up position----ND is a top 10 team!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 03:04:14 PM »
Now if Harangody comes back and stays low in post up position----ND is a top 10 team!
HAH!  Just like they were a top 10 team last year, right?

NOPE!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mug644

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 03:08:37 PM »
Does anyone else wonder what Harangody could be thinking as he sees the team play notably better without him?

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 03:41:25 PM »
Does anyone else wonder what Harangody could be thinking as he sees the team play notably better without him?

Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Clarence

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »
Do not underestimate the advantage of being an unscouted team at this point in the season.  They have guys palying and doing things on the floor that there is no virtually no tape on at all.  The book was pretty much out on ND for the last two years,  let Harangody get his 25 and ten and make everyone else beat you.  Noone has any idea how to guard them right now.  Once Calhoun and Buzz and the rest of Big East have a chance to break them down they will probably come back to Earth.    

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
Do not underestimate the advantage of being an unscouted team at this point in the season.  They have guys palying and doing things on the floor that there is no virtually no tape on at all.  The book was pretty much out on ND for the last two years,  let Harangody get his 25 and ten and make everyone else beat you.  Noone has any idea how to guard them right now.  Once Calhoun and Buzz and the rest of Big East have a chance to break them down they will probably come back to Earth.    

After the regular season is over.  :)
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

feedback