Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

What color jersey do you like the least?

White
Gold
Baby Blue
Navy Blue

Author Topic: Uniforms  (Read 8429 times)

Markusquette

• All American
Re: Uniforms
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »
White
Gold
Navy
Baby Blue

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »

did anyone catch the Silver Jordans brand jerseys that UNC wore Wednesday night?
Georgetown and Cal are scheduled to wear them over the weekend.

http://sneakernews.com/2010/02/24/jordan-brand-silver-anniversary-college-uniforms-unc-cal-georgetown/

There's gotta be a line drawn though, don't you think?  When does UNC become Jordan U?  I've ALWAYS been a Jordan brand fan and I think it's awesome that Marquette is a part of it.  But I wouldn't want us to lose our identity just so we can celebrate the anniversary of Jordan.  Too much and too far, imo.

Buzz Williams' Spillproof Chiclets Cup

• All American
  • Formerly known as notkirkcameron
    • Yellow Chair Sports
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2010, 03:35:08 PM »
Baby Blue
White
Navy
Gold
“These guys in this locker room are all warriors -- every one of them. We ought to change our name back from the Golden Eagles because Warriors are what we really are." ~Wesley Matthews

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2010, 03:41:02 PM »
Baby Blue
Gold
White
Navy Blue

Actually thought to myself today I'm glad we were wearing the Baby Blues last night and Jimmy got Sport's Centers #1 Play of the Day - as we were seen in our coolest, hip-est, jerseys.  Sounds dumb to say as a grown man, but teenage kids (recruits) certainly can be influenced to a degree on uniform and shoe brand...I think our Baby Blues are very distinctive, hip and urban. 
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2010, 03:41:52 PM »
There's gotta be a line drawn though, don't you think?  When does UNC become Jordan U?  I've ALWAYS been a Jordan brand fan and I think it's awesome that Marquette is a part of it.  But I wouldn't want us to lose our identity just so we can celebrate the anniversary of Jordan.  Too much and too far, imo.

+1

Maaayyybe UNC could get away with that since its actually where he went, but what are the other schools celebrating?  Notwithstanding the fact that those unis look sweet, changing your colors to commemorate a brand? weak.

PS:
 Gold
 White
 Navy Blue
 Baby Blue

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 04:59:35 PM »
PRN has Auro-ornithophobia.

(Fear of golden birds)

As for the silver Jordan unis, I say:

UNC = pretty cool since they spawned Jordan.
Georgetown = pretty cool, since that is within their color scheme.
Everyone else = LAME.  Stick with your colors!

However, those silver shoes knock me out.  I gotta get my feet into some of those.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 05:17:14 PM »
I like the whites the best, I feel they are the only ones where the piping is an accent and not a distraction.

I also don't think they are that unique as I feel they share some pretty close similarities with Georgetown and Depaul in our conference alone. 

Please bring on the next set.

JetCityWarrior

• Walk-On
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 05:33:54 PM »
Excellent. Now with the baby blue uniforms and silver jordans next year, we need only change the font on the jersey to read, "North Carolina".

Dump the baby blues - they're not MU.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 05:38:28 PM »
Dump the baby blues - they're not MU.

Except, they are MU.

Also, I believe this thread/poll is misleading because you've got people listing baby blues first, then in their explanation they're talking about how much they love the baby blues.

I will wager that the players, to a man, think the baby blues are by far our best uniforms.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »
First of all I LOVE LOVE LOVE our uniforms not just because I'm a marquette fan but they really look sweet (side stripes). I would hate to do what all the other teams are doing with those funky designs on their back. Also, I like the baby blues AND the block lettering (just so they all aren't the same) but for the people saying that we have to get rid of the navy we just can't. We aren't trying to become a UNC so there fore we have to keep the navys. I kind of wish wed stick to the yellow just for about 5 games a year for the big games. Is jordan really going to make us change styles?

I wish for one game a year they'd go for the final fours year throwbacks.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »
Baby blues are the best. Gold are the worst. They give me a headache.

That's why we should wear them as much as possible, to throw off the other team by making them sick when they have to guard us!  It's about time that Marquette had a uniform outlawed by the NCAA for throwing off the opposing team.  It's been over forty years since that happened, and its time to do it again!!!
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »
I like we are having Jordan sponsor us but agree with keeping the distinctness (if that's a word) of our uniforms.  I just hope we don't do the HUGE shorts tight-a$$ tops like Syracuse and Kentucky.  Those uniforms are just stupid...

AZWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2010, 07:18:05 PM »
Bumblebees!!   ;D
All this talk of rights.  So little talk of responsibilities.

pillardean

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2010, 07:47:34 PM »
I think it is really odd how even the poll is.
I thought one for sure would stand out as the least liked.

Marquette University, Spring '08

mikem91288

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2010, 10:06:33 PM »
I like the baby blues. It's the history behind them. I heard Marquette has more combinations of uniforms than almost any other team (including their warmup combos) any truth to this?
Warrior in the class of 2011.

wojosdojo

• All American
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »
Well in the first place not too many teams have four jerseys (MU, ND, WVU, Ducks, Cal, Maryland). But I only saw the guys wear those jordan blue/lightblue warmups this year. Last year I think they had 3 though.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 12:15:23 AM »
I wish for one game a year they'd go for the final fours year throwbacks.

+1

as well as going to the 82-83 jerseys

and the class 77 jerseys
SS Marquette

Rocco

• Starter
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 12:32:38 AM »
http://sneakernews.com/2010/02/24/jordan-brand-silver-anniversary-college-uniforms-unc-cal-georgetown/

There's gotta be a line drawn though, don't you think?  When does UNC become Jordan U?  I've ALWAYS been a Jordan brand fan and I think it's awesome that Marquette is a part of it.  But I wouldn't want us to lose our identity just so we can celebrate the anniversary of Jordan.  Too much and too far, imo.
It does seem odd that the other 3 Jordan schools are doing this celebration thing and we arent.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 06:48:43 AM »
Navy
Gold
White
Baby Blues

I would really like to see us go back to the lettering that is on the baby blues on all unis right now, and lose the paneling on the shoulders, but NEVER lose the checkering on the sides--AWESOME.
I also might add that I am a big fan of the black shoes/socks combo with the golds and navys, and wearing the whites with the white and baby blues.  Since Jimmy's incredible buzzer beater, I dislike the baby blues a lot less.
I agree, too, that I hope our unis don't get too "Nike-fied" like Kentucky, 'Cuse, Gonzaga, et. al., those look awful. 

The Pickle

• Team Captain
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 08:02:04 AM »
It does seem odd that the other 3 Jordan schools are doing this celebration thing and we arent.

That silver and white is f'n sweet...