collapse

* Recent Posts

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 09:11:02 AM]

Welcome Jack Anderson! by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 09:05:25 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by tower912
[Today at 07:24:03 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tennis  (Read 114290 times)

panda

• All American
Re: Tennis
« Reply #1900 on: January 22, 2024, 03:43:32 PM »
That’s the thing, that’s on the troll not anyone else. I can and I will keep posting about tennis in the tennis thread.

Still waiting to hear how I’m xenophobic…..

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1901 on: January 22, 2024, 03:44:48 PM »
heckova alotta recent posts where you never refer to anything regarding tennis, just sayin'

And that’s not on me.

Take it up with the person following me around the board trolling, or with the board moderators.

You just want what’s convenient for you. I understand. But if you want it to change, you’ll have to be inconvenienced a little bit.

None of it is going to deter me from posting in different threads that interest me. I post on topic, respectfully, in a variety of threads that interest me. And, that hasn’t changed.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1902 on: January 22, 2024, 03:46:22 PM »
Yep, it's easy to blame the troller.  It's even easier to ignore the troller.

We're just heading for a Novak Alcaraz final that was the easy prediction a week ago aren't we?

It isn’t my responsibility to ignore a troll so that you won’t be inconvenienced for a few posts.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1903 on: January 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM »
It isn’t my responsibility to ignore a troll so that you won’t be inconvenienced for a few posts.

Responsibility? No. But you must realize that you're giving him exactly what he wants by responding every. single. time.  If you would take your own advice and just put him on ignore, he'd get bored and stop trolling. 

Also, it doesn't inconvenience me at all to sift through the BS to get actual content, it's what's required for 95% of all threads.  Just pointing out that you could put a stop to this just as easily as he could.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1904 on: January 22, 2024, 04:21:30 PM »
Responsibility? No. But you must realize that you're giving him exactly what he wants by responding every. single. time.  If you would take your own advice and just put him on ignore, he'd get bored and stop trolling. 

Also, it doesn't inconvenience me at all to sift through the BS to get actual content, it's what's required for 95% of all threads.  Just pointing out that you could put a stop to this just as easily as he could.

It doesn’t bother me to hold people accountable. But it does seem to bother you and a few others.

If you want it to change, again, take it up with the other person or a moderator.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1905 on: January 22, 2024, 04:27:20 PM »
It doesn’t bother me to hold people accountable.

What do you think you are holding him accountable for?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1906 on: January 22, 2024, 04:28:38 PM »
It doesn’t bother me to hold people accountable. But it does seem to bother you and a few others.

If you want it to change, again, take it up with the other person or a moderator.

I would like to think you're a more mature and bigger person than him, and would have the ability to just let it drop since "holding people accountable" on an anonymous online college basketball message board is by default an impossible task, but if you want to keep giving him exactly what he wants therefore encouraging him to continue, I certainly won't stop you. I'll just let you know one final time before I bow out of this that it makes you look just as bad as he does, and you have the power to stop it, and are choosing not to do so.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1907 on: January 22, 2024, 04:32:12 PM »
I would like to think you're a more mature and bigger person than him, and would have the ability to just let it drop since "holding people accountable" on an anonymous online college basketball message board is by default an impossible task, but if you want to keep giving him exactly what he wants therefore encouraging him to continue, I certainly won't stop you. I'll just let you know one final time before I bow out of this that it makes you look just as bad as he does, and you have the power to stop it, and are choosing not to do so.

Confronting someone doesn’t make one less mature or less of a person.

I live in a world where what you say and how you say it on the internet, is the same as how you would do it standing next to the person.

I’m 100% fine with how I post here. Feel free to put my posts on ignore. Otherwise take it up with the other person or a moderator.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 04:38:43 PM by shoothoops »

panda

• All American
« Reply #1908 on: January 22, 2024, 04:44:56 PM »
Confronting someone doesn’t make one less mature or less of a person.

I live in a world where what you say and how you say it on the internet, is the same as how you would do it standing next to the person.

I’m 100% fine with how I post here. Feel free to put my posts on ignore. Otherwise take it up with the other person or a moderator.

So you baselessly accuse people of xenophobia in the real world too ?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1909 on: January 22, 2024, 04:52:13 PM »
Lotta non-tennis talk in here

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1910 on: January 22, 2024, 05:49:04 PM »
Lotta non-tennis talk in here

And that all started with your post here on January 17th.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1911 on: January 22, 2024, 07:17:36 PM »
Let’s rate tennis players necks on how good they’d be for basketball

panda

• All American
« Reply #1912 on: January 22, 2024, 07:25:05 PM »
Let’s rate tennis players necks on how good they’d be for basketball

I’ll throw out a name - Ma Long. Dominant ping pong player. Basically the same thing as tennis.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1913 on: January 22, 2024, 07:45:10 PM »
I’ll throw out a name - Ma Long. Dominant ping pong player. Basically the same thing as tennis.

Ma Long has some serious game. 

panda

• All American
« Reply #1914 on: January 22, 2024, 08:09:35 PM »
Ma Long has some serious game.

Olympic legend muggs

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1915 on: January 22, 2024, 11:22:31 PM »
Most WTA Grand Slam Singles Match Wins by an American teen since 1990:

Jennifer Capriati 50
Serena Williams 49
Coco Gauff 48.

Capriati 50
Gauff 49
Williams 49
…………………
47 Three set Women’s Matches
32 Five set Men’s Matches

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1916 on: January 23, 2024, 08:08:10 AM »
Sinner has a wicked forehand. 

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1917 on: January 23, 2024, 10:28:32 AM »
I could only stay awake for the first set of Djoker and Fritz but good lord was it good tennis. My one set off him prediction for Fritz came true.

Muggsy, Sinner Alcarez US open match is worth a rewatch if you like Sinner.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1918 on: January 23, 2024, 11:07:26 AM »
I could only stay awake for the first set of Djoker and Fritz but good lord was it good tennis. My one set off him prediction for Fritz came true.

Muggsy, Sinner Alcarez US open match is worth a rewatch if you like Sinner.

I only watched extended highlights but Fritz reached a level against a top player that I hadn’t seen from him before. He was really good for the first two sets. Looks like he had a real good chance to win set one but let it slip away and that’s a death sentence against Novak.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1919 on: January 23, 2024, 12:03:00 PM »
I only watched extended highlights but Fritz reached a level against a top player that I hadn’t seen from him before. He was really good for the first two sets. Looks like he had a real good chance to win set one but let it slip away and that’s a death sentence against Novak.

Djokovic is as mentally tough an athlete as I have seen.  If he finds a way to win this tournament with the likes of Sinner, Alcaraz, Zverev, and Medvy you simply have to tip your cap to his sustained greatness.  I think Sinner may be due.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1920 on: January 23, 2024, 12:15:45 PM »
Djokovic is as mentally tough an athlete as I have seen.  If he finds a way to win this tournament with the likes of Sinner, Alcaraz, Zverev, and Medvy you simply have to tip your cap to his sustained greatness.  I think Sinner may be due.

I think many caps have already been tipped.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1921 on: January 23, 2024, 01:12:19 PM »
I think many caps have already been tipped.

#25 would be another cap imo.  We're talking about distancing himself from Nadal and obviously Fed.  I'm a Nadal guy but 25 is 25.  And Novak probably would have 2 more if he wasn't banned during the Covid period.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1922 on: January 23, 2024, 02:14:40 PM »
Novak straight up doesn’t have a weakness. Every single point is earned against him. You have to play almost perfectly because mistakes are not unpunished

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1923 on: January 23, 2024, 02:23:52 PM »
Novak straight up doesn’t have a weakness. Every single point is earned against him. You have to play almost perfectly because mistakes are not unpunished

His return of serve is ridiculous.  You hit (no pun intended) on the most important thing: no weaknesses.  His court coverage is insane as well.  I think the only way to beat him is with massive serves followed by thunderous forehands on a hard court.  Sinner and Alcaraz can do that but it's really hard for 5 sets.  In other words you have to dictate play while somehow keeping unforced errors low.  Once there's a long rally he can really suffocate you with his precision and consistency.  It's a methodical but painful death. 

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1924 on: January 23, 2024, 02:51:12 PM »
His return of serve is ridiculous.  You hit (no pun intended) on the most important thing: no weaknesses.  His court coverage is insane as well.  I think the only way to beat him is with massive serves followed by thunderous forehands on a hard court.  Sinner and Alcaraz can do that but it's really hard for 5 sets.  In other words you have to dictate play while somehow keeping unforced errors low.  Once there's a long rally he can really suffocate you with his precision and consistency.  It's a methodical but painful death.

Yep. Every time I see an American play against Novak think about how their only real chance it to hold serve and manage to win three tiebreaks.