[Today at 05:37:28 AM]

Shaka interview by Scoop Snoop
[May 01, 2024, 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[May 01, 2024, 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[May 01, 2024, 02:17:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tennis  (Read 114292 times)

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
Re: Tennis
« Reply #1875 on: January 21, 2024, 07:24:25 PM »
American men really need to get their s*** together on slower hard court. I don’t get it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 07:27:24 PM by Plaque Lives Matter! »

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1876 on: January 21, 2024, 07:24:56 PM »
Fritz’s 4th set yesterday was preposterous. I think he might even play well enough to take a set of Novak

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1877 on: January 21, 2024, 07:26:46 PM »
I’ll continue to encourage you to begin a creed thoughts esque blog to post all of the information no one else here is interested in which somehow makes you feel superior to others because you fanatically follow these wildly niche sports.

Tennis is also one of the most popular sports worldwide. Weirdo

panda

• All American
« Reply #1878 on: January 21, 2024, 07:59:54 PM »
Tennis is also one of the most popular sports worldwide. Weirdo

I speaking to him in terms of his college tennis etc. references. College tennis is very niche.

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #1879 on: January 21, 2024, 08:23:59 PM »
It’s a tennis thread

panda

• All American
« Reply #1880 on: January 21, 2024, 08:31:18 PM »
It’s a tennis thread

Someone else made fun of creed thoughts so I added my 1.5 cents.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1881 on: January 21, 2024, 09:21:11 PM »
I speaking to him in terms of his college tennis etc. references. College tennis is very niche.

You aren’t very good at this. Your xenophobia is why we’re here in the first place.

Whether its current players, recent players, past players, future players, college tennis is one of a variety of professional tennis pathways. The same can be said for many sports. And like every other college sport, like Marquette basketball, it is to be enjoyed in and of itself too. This isn’t difficult. Just post about what you enjoy, as long as you are decent and respectful.

So baseball, basketball, football, hockey, soccer, tennis, olympic sports, all levels and genders, are some of the sports that interest me. I don’t post much in the volleyball thread much, but I read it sometimes. I hadn’t been posting in the Women’s basketball thread lately, and “Marquette Fan” posted seeking more input.

This is also a Marquette board. Everyone is here because of Marquette.

Let’s see college tennis is so niche that all of the following played college tennis:

Arthur Ashe, Althea Gibson, Jimmy Connors, John/Pat McEnroe, Stan Smith, Billie Jean King, Todd Martin, Kevin Amderson, Bob/Mike Bryan, John Isner, James Blake, Jennifer Brady, Danielle Collins, MaliVai Washington, Steve Johnson, Camron Norrie, Maxime Cressy, Mackie McDonald, Brandon Nakashima, Ben Shelton, Chris Eubanks, Joe Salisbury, JJ Wolf,’Mayar Sherif, Emma Navarro, and many, many more.

You’re still embarrassed about the Nico thing. You brought that upon yourself. Everyone else moved on at the time except you.

I offered to meet up with you in person. You declined.

I offered for you to send me a private message. You declined.

I offered for you to put my posts on ignore. You declined.

Try exploring your xenophobia and your need for group validation.

As someone else pointed out to you, this is the tennis thread. Tennis posts will continue in this thread, whether you troll or not.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 10:15:04 AM by shoothoops »

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1882 on: January 21, 2024, 09:41:11 PM »
American men really need to get their s*** together on slower hard court. I don’t get it.

Fritz grew up on some of the slower hard courts in Rancho Santa Fe. Many others grew up on the faster hard courts.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1883 on: January 21, 2024, 09:46:17 PM »
Most WTA Grand Slam Singles Match Wins by an American teen since 1990:

Jennifer Capriati 50
Serena Williams 49
Coco Gauff 48.

panda

• All American
« Reply #1884 on: January 22, 2024, 09:33:27 AM »
You aren’t very good at this. Your xenophobia is why we’re here in the first place.

Whether its current players, recent players, past players, future players, college tennis is one of a variety of professional tennis pathways. The same can be said for many sports. And like every other college sport, like Marquette basketball, it is to be enjoyed in and of itself too. This isn’t difficult. Just post about what you enjoy, as long as you are decent and respectful.

So baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis, olympic sports, all levels and genders, are some of the sports that interest me. I don’t post much in the volleyball thread much, but I read it sometimes. I hadn’t been posting in the Women’s basketball thread lately, and “Marquette Fan” posted

This is also a Marquette board. Everyone is here because of Marquette.

Let’s see college tennis is so niche that all of the following played college tennis:

Arthur Ashe, Althea Gibson, Jimmy Connors, John/Pat McEnroe, Stan Smith, Billie Jean King, Todd Martin, Kevin Amderson, Bon/Mike Bryan, John Isner, James Blake, Jennifer Brady, Danielle Collins, MaliVai Washington, Steve Johnson, Camron Norrie, Maxime Cressy, Mackie McDonald, Brandon Nakashima, Ben Shelton, Chris Eubanks, Joe Salisbury, JJ Wolf,’Mayar Sherif, Emma Navarro, and many, many more.

You’re still embarrassed about the Nico thing. You brought that upon yourself. Everyone else moved on at the time except you.

I offered to meet up with you in person. You declined.

I offered for you to send me a private message. You declined.

I offered for you to put my posts on ignore. You declined.

Try exploring your xenophobia and your need for group validation.

As someone else pointed out to you, this is the tennis thread. Tennis posts will continue in this thread, whether you troll or not.

Hey doofus - I sent you a dm yesterday.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1885 on: January 22, 2024, 11:29:55 AM »
You guys really make this thread enjoyable. :-\

Both of you could grow up a little.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1886 on: January 22, 2024, 12:02:19 PM »

Quite ambitious of you to “Both Sides” it.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1887 on: January 22, 2024, 12:06:44 PM »

They would be a good undercard to the Rico/Rocket UFC match.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1888 on: January 22, 2024, 12:42:27 PM »
They would be a good undercard to the Rico/Rocket UFC match.

4 out of 10
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

panda

• All American
« Reply #1889 on: January 22, 2024, 01:03:38 PM »

Rich coming from someone who clearly doesn’t understand what xenophobia means.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1890 on: January 22, 2024, 01:20:06 PM »

I do understand that this is a tennis thread and you're talking about tennis...but if you don't understand that you're part of the problem then I don't know what to tell you.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1891 on: January 22, 2024, 01:25:36 PM »
Hopefully Fritz can keep it competitive tonight. The win over Tsitsipas was impressive, but he's understandably struggled against the top 3-4 players. He's 0-8 vs. Djokovic and has only taken a set off him once, a 5 set loss in the AO in 2021. If memory serves, Djokovic was dealing with some injuries in that match.

Fritz seems like one of those guys who will consistently do pretty well but doesn't really have the game to get over the hump against the world's best. While guys like Tiafoe are more inconsistent but have a higher ceiling and can get hot in certain matches.

Disclaimer: I follow tennis but only tune in live for the majors so my perception is based off a pretty small sample.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1892 on: January 22, 2024, 01:54:46 PM »
I do understand that this is a tennis thread and you're talking about tennis...but if you don't understand that you're part of the problem then I don't know what to tell you.

I’m not. It isn’t difficult to post on topic in threads without trolling or following people around the board. That accountability is on those people.

What you say on the internet and how you say it, is the same as how you would do it in person. No free passes on the internet.

If you don’t like how I post, put my posts on ignore. If you have something to post about tennis, go ahead. If there’s anything else, send me a message.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1893 on: January 22, 2024, 02:00:43 PM »

Rich coming from someone who clearly doesn’t understand what xenophobia means.

Not surprising you don’t know the history of the word.

You sent me a message that said, “All right clown boy, let’s see what you got.” 

“Also don’t take this the wrong way, but are you on the spectrum”

“Sure I’ll meet up.”

When I took you up on it, you said no.

Do I need to screen shot it?

panda

• All American
« Reply #1894 on: January 22, 2024, 02:03:17 PM »
Not surprising you don’t know the history of the word.

You sent me a message that said, “All right clown boy, let’s see what you got.” 

“Also don’t take this the wrong way, but are you on the spectrum”

“Sure I’ll meet up.”

When I took you up on it, you said no.

Do I need to screen shot it?

Buddy - What do you think xenophobia means? Because everything you’re saying tells me you have no clue…

I’m not going to the game Wednesday night. You offered no alternative.

Screenshot away…I have nothing to hide.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1895 on: January 22, 2024, 02:39:28 PM »
Go stand in the corner, kiddies. You are apparently too stupid or too stubborn to quit on your own.

But anyway, thanks for destroying the thread.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1896 on: January 22, 2024, 02:43:18 PM »
Go stand in the corner, kiddies. You are apparently too stupid or too stubborn to quit on your own.

But anyway, thanks for destroying the thread.

That’s the thing, that’s on the troll not anyone else. I can and I will keep posting about tennis in the tennis thread.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1897 on: January 22, 2024, 03:22:53 PM »
That’s the thing, that’s on the troll not anyone else. I can and I will keep posting about tennis in the tennis thread.

heckova alotta recent posts where you never refer to anything regarding tennis, just sayin'

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1898 on: January 22, 2024, 03:27:01 PM »

Yeah. Why put tennis stuff in a tennis thread?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1899 on: January 22, 2024, 03:32:58 PM »
heckova alotta recent posts where you never refer to anything regarding tennis, just sayin'

Yep, it's easy to blame the troller.  It's even easier to ignore the troller.

We're just heading for a Novak Alcaraz final that was the easy prediction a week ago aren't we?