[Today at 06:34:41 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 100 degrees in LA for game 1 of the WS  (Read 5581 times)

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
Re: 100 degrees in LA for game 1 of the WS
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2017, 08:21:16 AM »
Two great games, polar opposites from one another.  Heat is overrated.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2017, 12:05:08 PM »
Today's "let the bullpen win it for you" philosophy is wonderful ... except when it isn't.

I'm not "blaming" Roberts for anything, because that's just the game today, although I probably wouldn't have asked Jansen to get 6 outs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »
Today's "let the bullpen win it for you" philosophy is wonderful ... except when it isn't.

I'm not "blaming" Roberts for anything, because that's just the game today, although I probably wouldn't have asked Jansen to get 6 outs.

With a 2-run lead, the Dodgers had it set up to go Stripling/LHP in the 7th, Morrow in the 8th and Jansen in the 9th. Stribling allowed a 4-pitch walk to lead off the 7th and got yanked. Instead of going to a lefty in Watson or Cingrani to face Reddick and a PH, he asked Morrow to finish the 7th and start the 8th, something he rarely did during the season. After Morrow allowed the double, it was Jansen time. I don't necessarily think Roberts going to Jansen early was "wrong" at the time, but I do think that he got a bit too anxious in the 7th and that affected the rest of the game.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2017, 02:52:20 PM »
With a 2-run lead, the Dodgers had it set up to go Stripling/LHP in the 7th, Morrow in the 8th and Jansen in the 9th. Stribling allowed a 4-pitch walk to lead off the 7th and got yanked. Instead of going to a lefty in Watson or Cingrani to face Reddick and a PH, he asked Morrow to finish the 7th and start the 8th, something he rarely did during the season. After Morrow allowed the double, it was Jansen time. I don't necessarily think Roberts going to Jansen early was "wrong" at the time, but I do think that he got a bit too anxious in the 7th and that affected the rest of the game.

It has certainly worked for Roberts, but he made it easy to second guess him yesterday with removing Hill after 60 pitches, Stripling after 4, and bringing Kenley in with a runner on second.

Also, how crazy was that pickoff throw hitting the ump and the bounce off Taylor's hat.  Just craziness.  What a fun game.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2017, 02:58:50 PM »

He had to take Hill out after 4 innings. He was getting shelled.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »
He had to take Hill out after 4 innings. He was getting shelled.

Teal?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2017, 01:27:36 PM »
Ratings for game 1 were awful.  It must be all those players protesting that's driving viewers away...

Ratings are doing great.  Last night's game four was higher than Cubs game 4 last year.  Overall for the series, it is outpacing every World Series since 2010 except last year's historic Cubs series, but isn't far behind.  Considering all the excuses of cord cutting, boring sport, etc, somehow baseball is outpacing years when cord cutting didn't even exist (2010-2014).

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »
Ratings are doing great.  Last night's game four was higher than Cubs game 4 last year.  Overall for the series, it is outpacing every World Series since 2010 except last year's historic Cubs series, but isn't far behind.  Considering all the excuses of cord cutting, boring sport, etc, somehow baseball is outpacing years when cord cutting didn't even exist (2010-2014).

So the ratings are down this year. Got it. Thanks.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2017, 08:16:51 PM »
So the ratings are down this year. Got it. Thanks.

That isn't at all what you said a few days ago, yet it was only 48 hours ago that you were so hung up on the exact wording that another user here said about recruiting for not including the player's name (even though it was in the previous sentence), but now you don't play by your own words or rules.  Surprised?  Nah.

Ratings for game 1 were awful.  It must be all those players protesting that's driving viewers away...

In fact, the ratings for game 1 were not awful. They were very good. You didn't say anything vs last year.  From a raw viewership number, it was the second highest in the last 7 years.  Through the first two games, the pattern holds.  The early read on games three and four show this will be a very good TV rated World Series, not awful like you said. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2017, 08:19:11 PM »
That isn't at all what you said a few days ago, yet it was only 48 hours ago that you were so hung up on the exact wording that another user here said about recruiting for not including the player's name (even though it was in the previous sentence), but now you don't play by your own words or rules.  Surprised?  Nah.

In fact, the ratings for game 1 were not awful. They were very good. You didn't say anything vs last year.  From a raw viewership number, it was the second highest in the last 7 years.  Through the first two games, the pattern holds.  The early read on games three and four show this will be a very good TV rated World Series, not awful like you said.

Huh?  I responded to your comment about the ratings being up except when compared to last year.  AKA, the ratings are down this year.  Got it.  Thanks.

Not sure what the rest of this rant is about.  But always good to talk to you chicolooper.

PS What other usernames have you had on here so I can include them when talking to you?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2017, 12:45:54 AM »
I wonder how TV ratings will be for game 5.  Probably God Awful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2017, 12:46:53 AM »
I wonder how TV ratings will be for game 5.  Probably God Awful.

Depends how many players kneel before it.

B. McBannerson

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2017, 12:48:06 AM »
Depends how many players kneel before it.

Since none did, I'm going out on a limb to say strong ratings.  Someone else will probably say they were awful. 

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2017, 05:14:51 AM »
Correlation does not imply causation.

Stats 101