[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 105 MU Students busted @ Victors..  (Read 8801 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
105 MU Students busted @ Victors..
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:15:23 PM »
http://marquettetribune.org/2013/04/16/news/victors-105-mu-students-busted-in-mpd-raid/

The Milwaukee Police Department caught 105 underage Marquette students at a local nightclub in a raid Thursday night.

The raid on Victor’s, a bar located roughly a mile from campus, occurred at 11:19 p.m. and ended with all but two students cooperating with the officers. One of the students attempted to run through the officers but was stopped and had her information taken. The other student attempted to get through with false identification and was uncooperative with officers when they did not let him. The police also took his information.

MPD called in Marquette’s Department of Public Safety to assist in obtaining information from the students.

“When they ask for our assistance, we will provide it to them,” DPS Captain Russell Shaw said. “There have been some raids, but this is by far the largest involving Marquette students.”

Most of the students were asked to turn over their false forms of identification and provide their Marquette identification numbers. Shaw said it would be up to MPD as to whether the 105 students would be sent citations.

Shaw said some businesses drive buses to Marquette in order to bring students to their establishments and that both DPS and MPD are aware of the practice.

According to DPS’s 2012 Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, students caught with a false form of identification can face up to a $500 fine, required participation in a supervised work program or the suspension of their driver’s license. Shaw said students should be cognizant of the repercussions linked to having a fake ID.

“Bottom line is that it is illegal,” Shaw said. “MPD is cracking down on this, and there are many reasons they are doing it. If you have a fake ID, you are probably going to get caught.”

An anonymous freshman in the College of Communication said underage drinking is not something to worry about in comparison to the level of crime already present in Marquette’s neighborhood.

“I do not really understand why this is a priority,” she said. “For example, we got a notification the next night saying there were shots fired right by campus. Clearly there are more important things than college kids drinking.”

Another anonymous freshman in the College of Communication said underage drinking is going to happen no matter the location and that she thought buying alcohol is not the reason students go to bars.

“Underage college kids are going to drink,” she said. “It really does not matter where. If it is not at a bar, it is going to be somewhere else on campus. This is not going to single-handedly stop underage drinking.”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
Re: 105 MU Students busted @ Victors..
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 11:55:55 AM »
Underage Marquette students go to bars?  That's unheard of.

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 12:12:31 PM »
How did they manage to catch 105?

reinko

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 12:20:41 PM »
How did they manage to catch 105?

They closed the door?

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 12:53:58 PM »
Mark Belling was unavailable for comment

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 12:54:34 PM »
Will this result in big changes? Will Scott Pilarz institute structural changes to ensure nothing like this happens again? The value of a Marquette degree has taken a major hit. How were hooligans like this enrolled at MU? Heads in Admissions must roll!

4th and State

• Starter
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 01:19:33 PM »
They closed the door?

Bars were raided fairly regularly when I attended (as I'm sure they are now) and it was usually a stampede out of whatever establishment we were at.  Never heard of over 100 getting caught.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »
Shaw said some businesses drive buses to Marquette in order to bring students to their establishments and that both DPS and MPD are aware of the practice.

I hope they didn't just recently catch onto the practice of cabs / shuttles lining up outside McCormick to take freshmen to the bars.   

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »
Will this result in big changes? Will Scott Pilarz institute structural changes to ensure nothing like this happens again? The value of a Marquette degree has taken a major hit. How were hooligans like this enrolled at MU? Heads in Admissions must roll!

That was good, even without the teal it came through loud and clear.

Of course, my guess is the Father Pilarz thought the accusations of rape \ Sexual assault was of a slightly greater magnitude and heads did have to roll. 

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »
Didn't know the basketball team had that many players.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07:48 PM »
Didn't know the basketball team had that many players.

Neither does Bill Michaels, but I'm sure he won't let facts get in the way of a good story, either.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 02:28:09 PM »
I heard DJO hit someone with a beer bottle, wait, wot? nevermind....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »
Were the students cited for being at Victim's or for underaged drinking?  One is worse than the other...

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, 03:03:47 PM »
Were the students cited for being at Victim's or for underaged drinking?  One is worse than the other...

Underage drinking at Marquette? This would never have happened under Fr Wild's watch.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »
Underage drinking at Marquette? This would never have happened under Fr Wild's watch.

Lenny, was questioning the taste of the Gen Z'ers...

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »
Has Larry blamed Buzz yet?

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
Big fine coming.

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 07:46:57 PM »
city must be running out of welfare money.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 09:50:52 PM »
That was good, even without the teal it came through loud and clear.

Of course, my guess is the Father Pilarz thought the accusations of rape \ Sexual assault was of a slightly greater magnitude and heads did have to roll. 

Of course you did.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 09:52:07 PM »
105 45 year old broads breaking out the butterfly.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 10:20:48 PM »
Pretty lame to be honest. Milwaukee is for underage drinking - best part of the city and a big reason why Marquette was a great school to go to. Bigger fish to fry, MPD.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Stronghold

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »
Pretty lame to be honest. Milwaukee is for underage drinking - best part of the city and a big reason why Marquette was a great school to go to. Bigger fish to fry, MPD.

No kidding.  All this has caused is people to avoid Victor's in favor of other places.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2013, 11:24:56 AM »
#1 MPD needs to worry about keeping people/kids safe... not writing tickets.

#2 In MPD's defense, they can only look the other way for so long. 105 underage kids is a TON at one bar. My guess is that Victors was probably warned at some point... they didn't heed that warning... and they are paying for it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »
Of course you did.

Of course I did, what?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
I am outraged -- OUTRAGED, I tell you! -- that a young citizen would attmept to break the law in this way.

Back in my day, Marquette students spent their evenings at the library studying to better themselves and society.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson