[Today at 08:09:02 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Zog from Margo
[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: 13 Indiana loses @ Nebraska  (Read 12851 times)

chicagowarrior

• Starter
13 Indiana loses @ Nebraska
« on: January 18, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
thats all  ;D

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Re: 13 Indiana loses @ Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:02:53 PM »
That's not all, that was a BAD loss for IU.  Nebraska sucks and played that way nearly the entire game.  Nebraska took the led with 11 second left.  Nebraska's last lead was 12-11 early in the first half.

IU has lost three in a row and is at risk of this season unraveling.  Lucky for IU they have Penn State at home for their next game.

chicagowarrior

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:06:13 PM »
the look on Tom Crean's face at the end was priceless.....

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:08:27 PM »

It was ... because he knew his team gave away a game to a terrible team. 

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »
Next 12 games are no walk in the park for IU.

1/22 - PSU
1/26 - @ WIS
1/29 - IOWA
2/1 - @ #19 MICH
2/4 - @ PUR
2/9 - #25 ILL
2/15 - NW
2/19 - @ IOWA
2/22 - NCCU
2/25 - @ MINN
2/28 - #9 MSU
3/4 - PUR

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »
That's not all, that was a BAD loss for IU.  Nebraska sucks and played that way nearly the entire game.  Nebraska took the led with 11 second left.  Nebraska's last lead was 12-11 early in the first half.

IU has lost three in a row and is at risk of this season unraveling.  Lucky for IU they have Penn State at home for their next game.

Looking forward to Hoopaloop's response to this 5 days from now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »
Nebraska is as bad as any major conference team I have watched this year.   This one has got to hurt. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 08:15:29 PM »

Could not have been any worse than the look on his face after he BEAT Kentucky. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 08:16:04 PM »
We've all heard this song before.  The mid-season swoon has begun.  

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 08:16:53 PM »
Looking forward to Hoopaloop's response to this 5 days from now.

being a Purdue grad and all, fruitloop should be thrilled by the stumbles of the I4 team.

does fruitloop also have a 2nd masters from K-State and work for dish network?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 08:17:09 PM »

anyone got a screenshot?

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 08:18:34 PM »
Nebraska is as bad as any major conference team I have watched this year.   This one has got to hurt. 
I'm stunned. I watched the first half and turned it off because I thought there was no way Indiana could lose to those guys. Wow.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »

Let me guess. He gave the Nebraska coaches and players the cold tit.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 08:32:27 PM »
Let me guess. He gave the Nebraska coaches and players the cold tit.

+1000!!  now that's funny right there!  dude, i'm spittin milk out my nose and i don't even drink milk

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »
+1000!!  now that's funny right there!  dude, i'm spittin milk out my nose and i don't even drink milk
And that was even funnier!

mubb34

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »
 ;D Playing at Nebraska is no easy task.... ::)

DCWarriors04

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 08:45:50 PM »
Crean can't win at Nebraska?

augoman

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 08:47:31 PM »
CRAP!  Like PRN I turned it off to watch Cincy/UConn.  Would have loved to see the last minute or so. 

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »
Looks like a choking traditional peed himself at the FT line and on the last offensive possession

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
IU rushed the court when they beat Kentucky and tOSU.  IU was rushed upon with their loss to Nebraska.

That's three court rushes and its only mid-January.  What is the record for court rushes in a year?

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
Honestly it follows a pattern even when at MU. Great wins over UC, UL or somebody and a brief ranking then a loss to TCU or SMiss. Even with Wade remember UAB?

Lacrosse218

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 09:39:37 PM »
I think MU had that terrible loss to East Carolina when Wade was here, not UAB.  Or maybe it was both?

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 09:43:49 PM »
UAB was in the 03 conference tourney and East Carolina was the year before if my memory serves me correctly

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 09:46:03 PM »
Anyone notice that Get Shorty has kicked his diet caffeine habit?  Two B1G road wins in four years seems to point out that Rocky is still alive on his bet.  I4 board on meltdown mode.  Makes Scoop seem senile.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2012, 09:50:56 PM »
UAB was in the 03 conference tourney and East Carolina was the year before if my memory serves me correctly

Correct. UAB smoked us (Wade may have had double digit turnovers) in our last game before the Final Four run.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »
Looks like a choking traditional peed himself at the FT line and on the last offensive possession

i can't be a fan of anything IU, and i was thrilled to see hulls miss that FT, but the kid reminds me a lot of diener.  even his shot coming just a touch off the shoulder...really enjoy watching him play...too bad his coach is a bum.

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2012, 09:53:12 PM »
Correct. UAB smoked us (Wade may have had double digit turnovers) in our last game before the Final Four run.

that was by design

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2012, 11:30:08 PM »
i can't be a fan of anything IU, and i was thrilled to see hulls miss that FT, but the kid reminds me a lot of diener.  even his shot coming just a touch off the shoulder...really enjoy watching him play...too bad his coach is a bum.

Diener, ... Diener...... Oh, yeah, that kid that Murphius said would never be able to get his shot off in Division I, and who Murphius said Wisconsin didn't want because he wasn't strong enough to play in the Big Ten... whatever happened to that guy?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 02:03:06 AM »
the knives are out on the hoosier board.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=170&f=2353&t=8591505

Here is a quote by one of the hoosier faithful,

"I think that Crean would make a great Used Car Salesman on a Buy Here Pay Lot. But I just dont think that he will ever hang a banner in the Hall even if he had 5 All Americans at his Disposal.. Just My Honest Opinion, Like It or Not."

whodem

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 03:12:03 AM »

Lost to ECU during the Final 4 season as well, and in Wade's first year. Crean is just doing what he does best....Have his team regress as the season goes on.

DJO's Pump Fake

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 06:22:42 AM »
Standard Crean team......jump out to a great non-con and beginning of the conf season, then mediocrity sets in as the stumble to the finish line ensues.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 07:33:42 AM »
Like at MU, it's apparent that even with some success (kentucky and Ohio st) those fans are holding their noses when supporting the creep. When he inevitably leaves, they'll admit they never liked him. He's such an unlikable douchebag it's a pleasure to root against him.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 07:41:41 AM »
According the ESPN, the last time Nebraska beat IU was 1920.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 08:09:18 AM »
Why do you guys care?

I have far better things to do than watch a basketball team/coach that I don't like.

I mean, seriously, get another hobby, gentlemen.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 08:10:38 AM »
Superbar topics are pretty clear.......only when they're not.

But, yes, let's be bothered with the machinations of another up and down team as if our own up and down team isn't enough to be worried about.  :-\

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 08:53:51 AM »
Yikes!

From that IU thread.

It's not going to change.

Crean does not know how to use timeouts to stop the other team's momentum and his lineups are highly questionable.

He is a slick PR guy and a solid recruiter but a very bad in game coach. There is no way IU should be losing to Minnesota and Nebraska in his FOURTH year.

Not trying to kick him when he's down, I'm over him leaving MU - although I still hate HOW he left.  But I think the average Hoosier fan knows more about basketball then the average American.  The Hoosiers ran Davis out of town and he got them to the Final Four, of course Davis had his own problems. 

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 09:51:27 AM »
Hate the way Crean left, and that he signed a 10 year contract and bailed after 2.  I will never wish him success...But...I don't really care anymore.

Getting some good laughs from this thread, but he has great recruits this year and next.  He should be successful. 

He probably won't suck forever (but it would be fun if he did).

wyzgy

• Team Captain
  • he who laughs last, laughs...last
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
wonder if they are going to take the tanning bed back as part of his contract until/if he can right this wreck ;D

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2012, 03:58:10 PM »
Crean ain't that good.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2012, 08:22:02 PM »
Actually Crean will fail because he cannot live up to the impossible expectations IU fans have.

Here is what Hoopaloop wrote on December 10 after they beat Kentucky

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=29050.msg335329#msg335329

If I were to wager, they will likely hang a real banner (Final Four or National Title) before we do again.  They have it going big time there and they are stable with their conference, which is very important.  The Big Ten is the best conference in basketball this year which is the one thing that will hold IU back a bit this season, but next year they will be a top 10 program.

Crean has them ranked for a few weeks in the top 10.,  They are in the conversation for a top finish in the B10/12.  They will most likely make the tourney and even win a game or two.  In other words, Crean has them about as far as he had the MU teams just as he left.

But, that is not good enough.  This level of success is supposed to be a mere stepping stone on the way to becoming UNC/Duke with bad weather.  And if IU does not become the UNC/Duke version with snow, he will be failure.

He will not take them that far and hence he will be seen as a failure.  The next in a long line in Bloomington that cannot met impossible expectations.

---

Top 10 ranking for a few weeks, top 4 conference finish and a few sweet sixteen appearances a decade is what Crean is capable of.  Essentially that is what he did with MU.  

The assumption was Crean not could go to a level higher than this because MU held him back.  Wrong.  Buzz proved this as he was an unproven coach that has MU at the same level as Crean did after nine seasons.  The problem is this is all Crean is capable of (unless/until he lucks out with Wade v2.0 again).  Crean is held back by Crean, not MU.

He's a good coach but he's not a young version of Roy Williams, Boehiem, Calhoun, Coach K, etc.  He's the level below them.  Not a bad place to be but not good enough for Bloomington.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:32:56 PM by AnotherMU84 »

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:10 AM »
Actually Crean will fail because he cannot live up to the impossible expectations IU fans have.

has MU at the same level as Crean did after nine seasons.  The problem is this is all Crean is capable of (unless/until he lucks out with Wade v2.0 again).  Crean is held back by Crean, not MU.

He's a good coach but he's not a young version of Roy Williams, Boehiem, Calhoun, Coach K, etc.  He's the level below them.  Not a bad place to be but not good enough for Bloomington.

You're gonna get a 15 page screed from Hoopaloop now.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
the knives are out on the hoosier board.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=170&f=2353&t=8591505

Here is a quote by one of the hoosier faithful,

"I think that Crean would make a great Used Car Salesman on a Buy Here Pay Lot. But I just dont think that he will ever hang a banner in the Hall even if he had 5 All Americans at his Disposal.. Just My Honest Opinion, Like It or Not."

IU fans are the worse.  We've been enjoying the meltdown on the Purdue board.  That being said, what does it say about our fans that on a night when Cincinnati beats UCONN and opens up second place run for us there are 3 posts about it but over 2 pages on IU (a non rival, non opponent) losing?  Our fanbase has a lot of their own issues.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 03:21:50 PM »
IU fans are the worse.  We've been enjoying the meltdown on the Purdue board.  That being said, what does it say about our fans that on a night when Cincinnati beats UCONN and opens up second place run for us there are 3 posts about it but over 2 pages on IU (a non rival, non opponent) losing?  Our fanbase has a lot of their own issues.
It says we pay attention to coaches and players who leave our program?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
what does it say about our fans that on a night when Cincinnati beats UCONN and opens up second place run for us there are 3 posts about it but over 2 pages on IU (a non rival, non opponent) losing?  Our fanbase has a lot of their own issues.
Wrong!

The Cincy thread was started at the same time as this thread (as both games finished about the same time) and both threads are two pages.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=29873.0

It seems to say we are as interested in the BE as we are with our former coach.

Hoopaloop

• All American
  • Warriors Forever
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2012, 09:22:16 PM »
It seems we (i.e. YOU) are interested with ONE of our former coaches when they lose, which is why you have started several of these threads.  If you were truly interested in our former coach, you would start threads of every game, win or lose.  We get the agenda. 

Thank you for the link.  So we spent 2 pages on IU losing and 2 pages on our own conference rivals.  Still says a lot.

Your judgment of Crean at IU should probably wait until after the next two years.  This year's team is the same as last year's + Zeller.  They are way ahead of what anyone thought.  The results of the last three games not surprising, especially after Nebraska nearly took out Wisconsin in Madison the other day.  The wins over OSU and Kentucky were shockers.  They still have two starters that are not Big Ten material and cannot play defense.  This is why they will get exposed by certain teams, especially if their 3 point shooting suffers. All that changes for them next year where for the first time since he has been there they will have true athletes at all five positions and depth.  More than likely, that will be the norm for them.

You mentioned all Crean delivered at MU was a few Sweet 16's.  I seem to recall a Final Four as well.  A number of future NBA players.  It would be surprising to not see him to do quite well at IU.  They're ahead of everyone's expectations for this year.  Some of their fans are delusional in the same fashion as some of ours are.  The example below from lurch, check out that same fan's comments on the IU boards after the Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio State wins.  You have to dismiss most of these message board fans as arm chair qb's that know absolutely nothing.
"Since you asked, since you pretend to know why I'm not posting here anymore, let me make this as clear as I can for you Ners.  You are the reason I'm not posting here anymore."   BMA725  http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=28095.msg324636#msg324636

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »
You mentioned all Crean delivered at MU was a few Sweet 16's. 
Did i sleep through those 9 years? When were these Sweet 16s?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2012, 09:51:01 PM »
SLU (15-4) beat Duquense by 27 today.

USC (5-14) plays at Oregon State tonight and is attempting to end their 7-game losing streak.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2012, 09:54:28 PM »

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2012, 06:14:50 PM »

Was Chicos once the same poster who used the Liberty Bell as his avatar?

feedback