collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Louis Bennett contract status.  (Read 1416 times)

Blackhat

• All American
Louis Bennett contract status.
« on: February 04, 2011, 04:13:46 PM »
Anyone know the contract status of Bennett, I believe this was a contract year for him.  Is C-ham going to renew him?

Bennett's time at MU has been not as glamorous as I was hoping and the offense continues to lag. 

In five years time there has been improvement but I'm not sure if it's enough to warrant a long term commitment to him.  I'd give him a short extension to see if he can build on the "improvement" of this season.

against Big East opponents we improved to 4-5-2 this season. made the BE tourney for the first time.  Lost to UWM though.

were 1-8-1 in the Big East under Steve Adlard in 2005 the year he was fired.

BrewCity83

• All American
Re: Louis Bennett contract status.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 05:02:02 PM »
What sport are we talking about?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 05:41:28 PM »
Not sure about his contract status but pretty sure Louis is still around for next year. He's going international with his latest recruiting class, taking in two swedes I think, so we'll see how that pans out.

This past season they pretty much did better than what was expected, then again, nothing was expected. This upcoming season is big though. Calum Mallace (the heart and soul of the team) will be a senior, and they will hopefully get some consistent play from their forwards. Teejay East looked beastly in limited play last season and could turn out to be a special forward with his size and speed.

If Louis does get the can (not that I think he will), MU has a pretty good replacement in coach Mark Anderson, the keeper coach recently named one of the top assistant coaches in the country.   

Blackhat

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »
Wouldn't make sense to hire Anderson, that'd be like firing Buzz and hiring Scott Monarch for the head coach.

If C-ham doesn't have a prime candidate then he should give Louie a two year contract, imo.  

Still a large lack of excitement in the program and for what they are paying him(much more than UWM) than he should beat UWM every year and have us at least in the BE season title talk by year 5.

Bennett went the Swedish route early in '06 and '07.  

That doesn't get me too stoked as most of his international guys haven't panned out.  Tim Jallow is the only one who did.  
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:48:21 PM by Stone Cold »

feedback