[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Keefe....stealth bomber flyover  (Read 8658 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Keefe....stealth bomber flyover
« on: January 02, 2016, 02:53:45 PM »
Happy New Year Air Force...enjoyed the flyover yesterday even if the game was a total ass whipping of the Big Ten (which was fine by me).

4th or 5th time I've seen it, first time was at the Super Bowl in 2001.  Never gets old.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eB7GnIXh170" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eB7GnIXh170</a>

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Keefe....stealth bomber flyover
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 07:56:25 PM »

that never gets old.  i was at lambeau field when they did one of those.  don't remember if it was a 3 or a 5 jet display, but you have to give the ole sphincter a little extra b/c you've got a whole game to watch yet

so the californians were cool with it??
don't...don't don't don't don't

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 08:18:51 PM »

that never gets old.  i was at lambeau field when they did one of those.  don't remember if it was a 3 or a 5 jet display, but you have to give the ole sphincter a little extra b/c you've got a whole game to watch yet

so the californians were cool with it??

Californians were cool with it.  Remember, the Stanford fans are doers, Ronald Reagan Heritage Foundation types.  They get it.  Iowa fans, definitely get it.     ;)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 05:59:50 AM »
Californians were cool with it.  Remember, the Stanford fans are doers, Ronald Reagan Heritage Foundation types.  They get it.  Iowa fans, definitely get it.     ;)

oh yeah, i was probably thinking more along the lines of the berkeley crowd.  you guys still do have your pockets of "cool people" though

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 11:53:26 AM »
When it flies that low, what a spectre of doom!

At the end of the video, was the dot the sun's reflection or a laser pointer?

Love the Stanford Band and their trolls!

Iowa had nothing on this team that day. So, fairly enough, the vitriol spilled over to the band.
SS Marquette

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 11:57:12 AM »
When it flies that low, what a spectre of doom!

At the end of the video, was the dot the sun's reflection or a laser pointer?

Love the Stanford Band and their trolls!

Iowa had nothing on this team that day. So, fairly enough, the vitriol spilled over to the band.

The band was a joke even before the game.  They came out in the pregame playing and their announcers started to talking about how Iowa paints the visiting locker room pink, then making it this gender equity argument.  People in the stands were just saying what a complete joke there were.  I get it, that's what they do and they got exactly the response they wanted.  But no class at all.  The cow tipping stunt at halftime and farmersonly.com stuff from the announcers, it was not gracious at all, and totally beneath what the Rose Bowl is supposed to be about.  Stanford alums were cringing.

The dot on the video I assume was just some artifact from my iPhone from going from sunlight back out to non-sunlight, but I'm not sure. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 12:01:38 PM »
Jams

I sh1t you not but I get a lump in my throat whenever I see a fly by during the National Anthem. Personally, i prefer a four ship of warthogs flying a battle box but the B 2 is a really awesome airframe. Anything that can fly halfway around the world then dump 40 tons of shock and awe on the bad guys is good in my book.

Looks like that was your own video. Thanks for sharing that with the world. America is just such a great country.

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 12:19:45 PM »
Jams

I sh1t you not but I get a lump in my throat whenever I see a fly by during the National Anthem. Personally, i prefer a four ship of warthogs flying a battle box but the B 2 is a really awesome airframe. Anything that can fly halfway around the world then dump 40 tons of shock and awe on the bad guys is good in my book.

Looks like that was your own video. Thanks for sharing that with the world. America is just such a great country.

Yes, that was my video.  I love flyovers as well.  Have enjoyed some amazing ones over the years due to my good fortune of attending some of the best sporting events (World Series, Indy 500s, Super Bowls, BCS Championship game, etc, etc).  I absolutely love them.  Have been lucky to capture a few over the years.  A few Stealth flyovers, some Helis, most have been the Globemaster III which are made not from from here.  We live only a few miles from Los Alamitos Joint Forces Training Base, so we get everything from Air Force One in here to all kinds of cool stuff for Angels games, Rose Bowl, etc.

A few that I've recorded with my kids, wife, friends (they're usually in the background commenting)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kp5_8iPvrbM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kp5_8iPvrbM</a>

Fast forward to 2:15 on the next one....one of my favorites because of how they banked into the stadium. The Yankees fans next to me literally soiled himself.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vtOTZiLejwY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vtOTZiLejwY</a>

Fast forward to 1:17 on the next one
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TXFzVVWa0oo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TXFzVVWa0oo</a>

Somewhere I have a bunch of others.  Always a chill.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:23:22 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 12:59:18 PM »
Awesome videos, and an awesome aircraft.

But I thought we weren't supposed to be able to see it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 01:25:40 PM »
Awesome videos, and an awesome aircraft.

But I thought we weren't supposed to be able to see it.

;D

The thing that always amazed me about the Stealth Bomber and the fighter, how quiet they are.  Imagine that thing at night, black of night, barely any sound, no radar signature.   Scary
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 01:31:21 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »
great stuff chicos-i'll bet seeing those live is no comparison to the video.  keefe would know this, but whatever flew over us at lambeau, came out of nowhere and just exploded over and past.  sucked the wind right out of ya...in a good way.  it's got to make one think twice about being on the wrong side

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 01:34:36 PM »
I was bird hunting in Easter Montana a few years ago and we were out in the middle of nowhere walking after the dogs when the stealth bomber flew over us at a very low level (lower than the Rose Bowl it seemed)  Scared the cr@p out of us because we heard nothing just a big shadow and vroom!

Talk about an experience. Got choked up watching it fly over Pasadena as well

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2016, 02:43:56 PM »
I was bird hunting in Easter Montana a few years ago and we were out in the middle of nowhere walking after the dogs when the stealth bomber flew over us at a very low level (lower than the Rose Bowl it seemed)  Scared the cr@p out of us because we heard nothing just a big shadow and vroom!

Talk about an experience. Got choked up watching it fly over Pasadena as well

This is a true story. A buddy of mine flew Bones (B-1, get it?) out of Ellsworth AFB in SD. They often flew low levels at night over I 90 to get a response out of the truckers. The truckers would get excited, thinking it was a UFO. The Bone crews would listen in on HF CB as the truckers talked about the mysterious space ship flying around South Dakota. After a few passes the Bone guys would start talking on the CB freq claiming to be aliens. Never failed to get a reaction.

We often saw hikers in the Cascades and Rockies. Without fail they will jump up and down and wave their arms wildly; fact is we can see them long before they know we are there. And without fail we will give them a wing waggle.

Death on call

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2016, 03:41:24 PM »
when i'm in lake havasu city, i hear a lot of stuff flying, but have to really work to see them.  what are those and where are they coming from?  either san diego or nellis?  they sound like rockets(hey, that's me!) echoing off the mountains between california/actual lake havasu and the range east of the city.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2016, 08:36:20 PM »
Happy New Year Air Force...enjoyed the flyover yesterday even if the game was a total ass whipping of the Big Ten (which was fine by me).

4th or 5th time I've seen it, first time was at the Super Bowl in 2001.  Never gets old.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eB7GnIXh170" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eB7GnIXh170</a>

Next time, ax for better seats, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 09:06:44 PM »

Next time, ax for better seats, hey?

They were free, never look a gift horse in the mouth.  Zero complaints.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 11:10:53 PM »
They were free, never look a gift horse in the mouth.  Zero complaints.

Went to one Rose Bowl - Michigan over UDub. Fantastic place. No such thing as a bad seat.

Death on call

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 10:14:57 AM »
Most people don't realize that the Chair Force and Navy/Marines use the fly overs as practices for navigation and bomb runs (precise "time on target" practice).  Notice the B-2 shows up over the field exactly as the last note is played and held and is beyond the field just as the note finishes.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »
Chair Force and Navy/Marines

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a6MxvHPFOjA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a6MxvHPFOjA</a>
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 12:12:50 PM by keefe »

Death on call

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 11:59:56 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a6MxvHPFOjA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a6MxvHPFOjA</a>

You two should just grab a ruler and get it over with.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 12:45:06 PM »
You two should just grab a ruler and get it over with.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2016, 12:52:36 PM »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2016, 01:13:22 PM »
Just take out enough to win.

Classic Navy strategy

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 05:44:36 PM »
This is a true story. A buddy of mine flew Bones (B-1, get it?) out of Ellsworth AFB in SD. They often flew low levels at night over I 90 to get a response out of the truckers. The truckers would get excited, thinking it was a UFO. The Bone crews would listen in on HF CB as the truckers talked about the mysterious space ship flying around South Dakota. After a few passes the Bone guys would start talking on the CB freq claiming to be aliens. Never failed to get a reaction.

We often saw hikers in the Cascades and Rockies. Without fail they will jump up and down and wave their arms wildly; fact is we can see them long before they know we are there. And without fail we will give them a wing waggle.
I'm sure they saw us as we were walking sagebrush with about 30 miles of nowhere around us.  still get a thrill thinking about that event

🏀

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2016, 05:58:46 PM »
Not funny, possibly interesting story.

It's June 18th, 2015, and I'm in my remote office in far northern Illinois. The area is completely dominated by gravel pits and lakes.

Suddenly, I hear three bangs that sounds like three trucks simultaneously rolled over in the yard. I look out my windows and nothing.

I go over to my plant that has 360 degree windows and the plant guys are moving about, following something in the windows.

What we had was three F-15s (I think) playing around the airspace. They were looping, rolling and what I'd consider to be casual jagging around.

They stuck around for about 20 minutes and bugged out.

I went back to my office, where I had the Blackhawks parade on the T.V. Then within 45-60 seconds of walking inside, three F-15s showed up over the rally.

Pretty cool stuff.

feedback