[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Bulldog bullstuff  (Read 21911 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Bulldog bullstuff
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »
Hear’s a can of worms four ya. I’d take Herro over any of our guards write now. Da 18 year old comes in second place, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2017, 05:55:43 PM »
Hear’s a can of worms four ya. I’d take Herro over any of our guards write now. Da 18 year old comes in second place, hey?

No. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2017, 06:02:03 PM »
I hate to be negative about a kid who works hard and represents the program well but Heldt was very bad today.  As stated in this thread, he's more suited to play 10-12 minutes per game.

Nothing more to add about Rowsey.

The third foul on Markus was huge and that is entirely on him.  You have to have the awareness not to commit a stupid reaching foul with under a minute left in the half when you already have two.  That obviously hurt us a lot in the 2nd half with him sitting.   

The prayer of a 3 point shot at the end of the first half after we played great defense for the entire possession hurt as well. 

Really liked what I saw from Cain today.  His upside is off the charts.

Disappointing effort.

Agree with all of this except the last line.

"Effort" is not a synonym for "performance." We tried plenty hard today. Just didn't perform well enough.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »
Agree with all of this except the last line.

"Effort" is not a synonym for "performance." We tried plenty hard today. Just didn't perform well enough.

That's fair.  Wrong choice of words - I had no issues with the effort put forth and didn't mean it that way. 

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »
There were some bright spots today. The stretch with 4/5 consecutive turnovers was the difference.  Matt had some close ones roll out, Rowsey started off cold, and the foul trouble reduced out options.

Georgia was so much bigger and they hit a few circus shots, too.  This isn't a great team, but i think they'll surprise us all.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2017, 06:20:58 PM »
Georgia was just a bad matchup...isn't that the new saying now around here??
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:24:09 PM by muguru »
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »
Doc

You are that high on Herro?

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
The kid can ball and isn’t a one trick pony. Granted his D is non-existent. Maybe it’s more disenchantment with the present corp of guards. BTW, Rowsey is just a punk. Either Wojo lacks the ability to evaluate talent and/or can’t develop it.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2017, 06:24:52 PM »
Georgia was just a bad matchup...isn't that the knew saying now around here??

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2017, 06:25:56 PM »
For MU to be any good all three of AR, M2N and SH have to play well. None of them were good enough for enough of the game today for us to get the win.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2017, 06:30:28 PM »
4ever

If Rowsey was any other team than MU, I would hate him like Kelly Tripucka or David Rivers.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2017, 06:39:56 PM »
He’ll look terrific at the Y in Saturday morning league.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2017, 06:59:21 PM »
We just need a pure PG and a post scoring threat. A lot to ask but thats what is needed around all the shooters we have.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2017, 07:03:03 PM »
When does the heat begin to rise under Wojo's ass? All his players, including Heldt and Rowsey. Maybe Wojo should be making power point presentations to the team, since he is good at that.

Say it, willie.    You miss Buzz. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »
I miss Buzz. Plenty not to like about him, but had us close to be national conversation for first time in decades.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2017, 07:19:22 PM »
Bummer of a performance and result, but the truth is that we had a chance to win before the drought of the last few minutes.

My feelings about Rowsey this year remind me of how I felt about Carlino. If he’s on, then it’s incredible. If not, he’s just a chucker and turnover machine. And, Rowsey seems to often be in competition with Howard. If Howard seems hot, Rowsey doesn’t feed him, but tries to match him.

I’m sensing that Hauser is having a sophomore slump. Yes, he has his moments (especially his 30 point game), but mostly he’s been inconsistent and it feels like he’s not the reliable 3rd option that this team begs for. I agree he needs better spacing, and hope that Froling will bring that.

Gosh, QG would’ve been a great addition going into next year.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2017, 07:40:20 PM »
Today's finish was was disappointing for sure. However, I remain confident we are going to have a very strong season .  Our best player got in early foul trouble and we still hung in there against a quality team. Big 3 had 52 which is a short of the 60 mark that they are capable of and we need them to be at.  Our coaching staff will work with Heldt to teach him the the necessary adjustments on his bunnies going forward, the good news is he actually had quite a few decent looks. I am more and more bullish on Greg Elliott each game. Today was a great learning experience for him. and it is clear he and Cain have great chemistry. When the guys watch the film of this game they will recognize the need to improve shot selection and ball rotation.

The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
Today's finish was was disappointing for sure. However, I remain confident we are going to have a very strong season .  Our best player got in early foul trouble and we still hung in there against a quality team. Big 3 had 52 which is a short of the 60 mark that they are capable of and we need them to be at.  Our coaching staff will work with Heldt to teach him the the necessary adjustments on his bunnies going forward, the good news is he actually had quite a few decent looks. I am more and more bullish on Greg Elliott each game. Today was a great learning experience for him. and it is clear he and Cain have great chemistry. When the guys watch the film of this game they will recognize the need to improve shot selection and ball rotation.

KPom is not so optimistic.  Now projected to be 15-15 and 7-11.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2017, 07:49:31 PM »
So, knot feelin’ it, ai na?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2017, 07:59:11 PM »
4ever

If Rowsey was any other team than MU, I would hate him like Kelly Tripucka or David Rivers.
College Basketball’s AJ Pierzynski
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2017, 08:01:50 PM »
I miss Buzz. Plenty not to like about him, but had us close to be national conversation for first time in decades.

Get over it. He’s not here now.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »
Seriously people. What exactly did you expect this year?  A one dimensional team. If shots ain’t falling, they ain’t winning.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »
Sultan

You really have become a nut on here. Trust me, I have moved on post Buzz. You are the crackpot that posts non stop on here and you are throwing out advice?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
Sultan

You really have become a nut on here. Trust me, I have moved on post Buzz. You are the crackpot that posts non stop on here and you are throwing out advice?

Keep whining Goose. It really is your only skill.

And really you’ve moved on?  Lol. Whatever...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:18:05 PM by Sultan of Slap O' Fivin' »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2017, 08:29:31 PM »
Sultan

I have had more joy with MU ball to last me a lifetime. I love talking about the old days and hope everyone younger than me can have some lifelong memories.

Whine? I don’t care enough to whine. That said, you are a nut.

feedback