[May 02, 2024, 08:51:36 PM]

NM by Skatastrophy
[May 02, 2024, 07:11:46 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by JWags85
[May 02, 2024, 06:37:52 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by MurphysTillClose
[May 02, 2024, 12:27:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 6 in a row  (Read 6283 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: 6 in a row
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2015, 11:37:40 AM »
I agree with everything about your post except for this. I think Iowa finishes above Wisconsin in the B1G this season.
We will see, but I think in the end only Michigan St, Purdue and Maryland will finish ahead of the Badgers.

RushmoreAcademy

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2015, 11:44:57 AM »
We will see, but I think in the end only Michigan St, Purdue and Maryland will finish ahead of the Badgers.

Purdue is a fun team to watch this year.  Their size is scary.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2015, 11:47:32 AM »
It's the biggest game of the year...because it's the next one.  24 hours ago the biggest game of the year was SJSU.

That is definitely not true. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2015, 11:57:21 AM »
That is definitely not true.

It's absolutely true.  If we lose to SJSU (or Grambling, etc.) it is a HUGE deal.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 11:59:22 AM »

I've got them finishing sixth behind Maryland, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana, and Iowa. I originally thought Michigan would be better as well but have been unimpressed by their performance so far.

I really don't believe Wisconsin is better than a bubble team. Their win at Syracuse was nice but they were very overrated at 14. I view them as a bubble team as well. Blowing out Temple in the Kohl hole is solid but I don't think Temple is a tournament team. I don't even know if Temple is an NIT team. Wisconsin is too young and too shallow. Give them one more year (assuming no major defections) and they will be dominate again.

All that being said, I still think we are a significant underdog going into Madison. Saturday could be rough. But I am more optimistic now than I was in the preseason. I think they will have the two best players on the floor in Koenig and Hayes but I would take anyone in our top seven rotation players over anyone else they have on their roster.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2015, 07:15:27 PM »
It's absolutely true.  If we lose to SJSU (or Grambling, etc.) it is a HUGE deal.

That doesn't make it the biggest game of the year.  I understand you want to pretend you are on the team and can't look forward or whatever nonsense you're going for.  But it wasn't the biggest game of the year, there is no argument that can be made for that being the biggest game of the year. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2015, 07:23:50 PM »
That doesn't make it the biggest game of the year.  I understand you want to pretend you are on the team and can't look forward or whatever nonsense you're going for.  But it wasn't the biggest game of the year, there is no argument that can be made for that being the biggest game of the year.

As of 25 hours ago, it absolutely was the biggest game of the year.  And through Saturday, the Wisconsin game is the biggest game of the year now.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 07:45:34 PM »
As of 25 hours ago, it absolutely was the biggest game of the year.  And through Saturday, the Wisconsin game is the biggest game of the year now.

Ok Coach.   ::).  That must be why it was on FS1 and why there were what 18,000 people at the game. 

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 07:46:56 PM »

As a fan, I completely disagree with you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 10:25:31 PM »

I'm looking at April 4 as the biggest game of the year. Don't even care who the opponent is.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2015, 11:16:24 PM »
Ok Coach.   ::).  That must be why it was on FS1 and why there were what 18,000 people at the game.

You're right.  Just ask UW how unimportant the UWM and Western Illinois games were to UW.  Oh wait...

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 08:58:04 AM »
You're right.  Just ask UW how unimportant the UWM and Western Illinois games were to UW.  Oh wait...

Just because you crap the bed, doesn't make it the most important night of your life.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2015, 09:00:00 AM »
Just because you crap the bed, doesn't make it the most important night of your life.

For that day it's the most important of the season.  No doubt about it.  UWM was the most important game of the season for Bucky 24 hours ago.  Now the game with Marquette is.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2015, 09:04:13 AM »

You are mixing up with what coaches and the team thinks, versus what fans think.

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2015, 10:20:25 AM »

You are mixing up with what coaches and the team thinks, versus what fans think.

He is mixing up what coaches say.  If you gave wojo truth serum before the Sjsu game, he wouldn't have said it was the most important.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2015, 10:31:07 AM »
He is mixing up what coaches say.  If you gave wojo truth serum before the Sjsu game, he wouldn't have said it was the most important.

He better have said it was the most important game, or else we got the wrong guy.  I'm confident we didn't get the wrong guy, though.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2015, 10:56:47 AM »

Exactly.

What Sultan is saying is that, as fans, it doesn't matter if we "look past" somebody. We have zero-point-zero-zero affect on the game.

As long as the coaches and players didn't look past SJSU, it doesn't matter if we say Wisconsin is the bigger game. Which it undoubtedly is.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2015, 11:10:45 AM »
Exactly.

What Sultan is saying is that, as fans, it doesn't matter if we "look past" somebody. We have zero-point-zero-zero affect on the game.

As long as the coaches and players didn't look past SJSU, it doesn't matter if we say Wisconsin is the bigger game. Which it undoubtedly is.

That is fine.  I stand by the fact that whatever game is coming up next is the biggest game of the season for Marquette basketball.  I would certainly hope the team got absolutely nothing on Wisconsin up until yesterday.