'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: OT: Wow. Best finish to a bowl game I've ever seen. Boise State wins  (Read 5262 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
That last 2 minutes and overtime was incredible.

43-42 Boise State beats Oklahoma.

I have about 1500 employees in Boise that are going friggin CRAZY right now.  INCREDIBLE

maxpower773

• Starter
Re: OT: Wow. Best finish to a bowl game I've ever seen. Boise State wins
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:57:36 PM »
that was a great ending...and i like all the questions of a playoff and getting to play ohio state

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 12:14:49 AM »
that was a great ending...and i like all the questions of a playoff and getting to play ohio state

I enjoyed USC owning Michigan today as well.  2nd best team in the nation my butt.

At any rate, that Boise State game was incredible.  Unbelievable.  Instant classic.  Just wish a playoff existed.  Let's not forget that this Oklahoma team could have been in the national title mix if it weren't for the Oregon referree hatchet job. They would have been a 1 loss team at the end of the year along with Florida, Michigan, etc.

Congrats to Boise State.  Incredible.

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 12:36:23 AM »
That may the first and only time you'll ever see the hook and ladder, a WR option pass, and the Statue of Liberty get called in the same game by the same team...and all work perfectly. 

Then Ian Johnson (who scored the winning 2 PT conversion) proposes to his cheerleader GF at the end of the game.  And she says yes.

You've got to be kidding me.  Unbelievable. 
The General has taken on a new command.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 12:41:15 AM »
Not only that, but those three calls all happened in the last two offensive series.

WOW!!  I just watched it again, absolutely incredible.

WHAT HEART!!  WHAT HEART!! 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 12:48:54 AM by ChicosBailBonds »

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 12:50:23 AM »
That was an unbelievable game. I was cheering so much for BSU to win. When they won I was so frickin happy. You would've thought by my reaction when they won that I was a BSU fan my entire life. What a game though. Incredible to say the least.

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 02:10:29 AM »
i think i just skeeted everywhere

miltownsports

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 02:01:52 PM »
did any1 see how Chris Meyers ruined Ian Jhonson's Proposal?  After Ian answers a question Meyers is just like "and now Ian Jhonson will propose to his gf" and then when he does propose meyers goes "ohh he is actually gonna propse" just bad interviewing right there.

PuertoRicanNightmare

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
Glad Boise St. got the win. I thought that pass interference call against them on the first (of three) 2 point coversions by Oklahoma was a terrible call.

Also, those announcers...especially Thom Brennaman...were terrible. But even he couldn't ruin that game for me.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 04:49:14 PM »
Best game I ever saw... too bad it went to 12:15 ct.  I'm still dragging today!

How about George Mason running a good luck ad for the "cinderelas" in the Boise paper! A tremendous story and the proposal at the end made it feel even better. 

Congrats to the Broncos!!
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 05:08:32 PM »
Best game I have seen in a long, long time. Best execution from a college team ever. Pulling off one trick play is hard enough, but to execute 3 trick plays given the situation is unbelievable. I was so worked up that I didn't get to bed until about 2 am.

I agree with the announcers. How many guys do they need in the booth anyway? Alvarez should stick to his office in Madison. He has good insight, but his delivery is awful. And the monotone guy is the worst. I think his name is Brennan. And that Chris Rose guy is an awful host. Fox better bring out the A team for the chapionship.

I did catch that slip up when the running back proposed. For a second I thought she was going to say no. She didn't look to sure when she said yes. I have a feeling that they might not get married anytime soon.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 06:35:29 PM »

No Such luck, we'll be getting the same three guys in the booth :'(

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 06:37:44 PM »

Fox better bring out the A team for the chapionship
No such luck, we'll be getting the same crew for the championship game.  Kinda bummed that of all the BCS games this year ABC only covered/ will cover the Rose Bowl.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
FOX was so prepared for the BCS, that they had Thom, Alvarez and the other dude "practicing" literally, doing the Bears Lions game last weekend.

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 07:50:51 PM »
Yeah, they were terrible on that game too. I just don't get how they can toss someone with no broadcast experience (Alvarez) into the booth for the biggest games of the year. He has knowledge of the game obviously, but he needs time to polish up his skills in the booth.

Thom is ok, but everytime I hear him I think its baseball season. And I'm not even really sure who Charles Davis is and what qualifies him to announce these games. I sort of remember him doing NCAA, but what I really remember him from is the golf channel.

Oh well, thank god for other media like radio and satellite radio to catch the game on.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 07:52:42 PM by MilTown »

CWSKeith

• Starter
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 08:12:36 PM »
Fox better bring out the A team for the chapionship. ,

The sad thing is, Fox's A team is probably as bad or worse than anything else they have.  I assume the 'A' team would be Buck and Aikman, and Buck is worse than anyone.  Overall I'm pissed that Fox now has control over half of the bowl games.  They do their best to ruin baseball every October, and now they're going to try and do the same to one of the best weeks of the year.

Sorry for the rant, though; that was quite the game.  I think any non-die-hard-Sooner fan was rooting for Boise.  Tough not to...

MonsterWebWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 08:47:46 PM »
Sorry, that was the no. 1 announcing team for Fox last night.  Charles Davis drove me the most nuts.  He wouldn't shut up the entire game.  He had to comment on EVERYTHING.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=122309
"We need to get back to eating hamburgers."  - Buzz Williams

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 12:43:39 AM »
The Boise State/OU game may have had bad announcers, but trust me they weren't the worst. Did any of you listen to the Coton Bowl on New Years day? I am a Nebraska football fan so I watched them play in the Cotton Bowl vs. Auburn that day. Well, Pat Summerall was back in the booth for that game, and he was just awful. I mean the guy was getting everything wrong. It had to be one of the worst annouced college football games of all time. Summerall is just way past his time, and has no business being in the booth.

MilTown

• Team Captain
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 09:06:48 AM »
Its too bad that Fox has all the major BCS games other than the Rose Bowl. I was starting to enjoy the number one ABC/ESPN Team with Musberger,Davie and Herbstreet. Some people hate him, but Musberger is a real pro. The guy can call a game and just sounds like college football for me. Davie has really developed into a solid color guy. I could do without the 3 man booth, but Herbstreet wasn't that bad.