[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Campus visits don't matter, Buzz?  (Read 2444 times)

tower912

• All American
Campus visits don't matter, Buzz?
« on: October 06, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »
Reading Rosiak's blog, it would appear that JA's experience during his visit sealed the deal.   The individual workouts, the scrimmage, hanging out with the team and getting a feel for the culture seems to have made a very favorable impression.   Great work by the coaches and the players making this talented young man feel welcome.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

avid1010

• All American
Re: Campus visits don't matter, Buzz?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 05:42:53 PM »
Very impressive comments from Juan's mother given in Rosiak's blog...I loved the graduation part and her thoughts on Buzz.

From Rosiak's blog:

"The fact that they graduate over 90 percent of their athletes, that's important. And at the end of the day, that's what counts -- the fact that he's going to graduate. The connection between Juan, the coaching staff and the players, I think that made a big difference."

Rice said Williams in particular made a big impression on her and her son.

"Oh my God, he's awesome. Awesome," she said. "My son is truly blessed to have him as a coach."

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 06:03:51 PM »
I'm confused by the title.  Did Buzz say campus visits don't matter?

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
Reading Rosiak's blog, it would appear that JA's experience during his visit sealed the deal.   The individual workouts, the scrimmage, hanging out with the team and getting a feel for the culture seems to have made a very favorable impression.   Great work by the coaches and the players making this talented young man feel welcome.   
I'm missing the point of your title you gave?
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:27:04 PM »
Tower was referring to the fact that Buzz has minimized the importance of on-campus visits in the past. Another thing to note: he visited during boot camp. Instead of being scared off, he was so impressed he committed almost immediately. I like that a lot. It "reveals character."

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »
Tower was referring to the fact that Buzz has minimized the importance of on-campus visits in the past. Another thing to note: he visited during boot camp. Instead of being scared off, he was so impressed he committed almost immediately. I like that a lot. It "reveals character."

Anderson was here the weekend before. Hood was here during the beginning of boot camp.

GOMU1104

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 06:31:24 PM »

He didnt visit during boot camp. Boot camp started this weekend, Anderson visited the weekend prior.

Rodney Hood...he visited this weekend and saw boot camp.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
He is playing it smart IMO.  A kid is probably not going to MU because of the campus.  Though it has improved 5 fold in the last 20 years, it's never going to compete with a UCLA, Stanford, G'Town, UW-Madison, etc.  The urban setting appeals to some, not to others.

I look at MU's campus as neither an asset or an albatross in terms of recruiting bball players (for regular students, different story).  Buzz probably realizes this.  For some, MU's campus will be an advantage but for others it will mean nothing.  Quite the contrary to some schools where 99.999999999% of humanity is going to say "great campus" and it's just an afterthought.

Ready2Fly

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »
Yeah, you're right GOMU. I'll copy and paste my post after Hood commits (we can dream, right?)