[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:22:34 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Not Panicking  (Read 529 times)

Disco Hippie

• Scholarship Player
Not Panicking
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:02:32 PM »
Frustrating Loss, but come on!  Did anyone really think we'd go 5-0 down the stretch?  Our conf. is too good and our players too mediocre.  If we get the next two, admittedly a very tall order made even more difficult by the fact that we've already beaten both of those teams and they'll want to get us back, we'll be fine.  4-1 over the last 5 regular season games is still far better than anyone on here could have possibly expected and for good reason...... It's probably not gonna happen.  We're just not as good as everyone wants us to be.  It's as simple that.  I'm not a wojo apologist but certainly not calling for his head yet.  I'm not convinced any other HC could do much better with the composition of our roster given the lack of a true 4 coupled with a too often ineffective 5.  Even after the Nova win, I never once felt this was even close to a Tournament team, but if we win the next two, there's a very good chance I'll be proven wrong which I obviously hope to be.

One other thing.....Why does Markus ever even think about driving the lane????   He gets swatted like a mosquito 90% of the time and almost never draws a foul.  I think today's game was very possibly the first time I witnessed him drive and draw a foul and although he hit both free throws, he still shouldn't have even attempted to.  If I see him try to drive through two tree trunks again I'm going to throw mobile through my flat screen.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Not Panicking
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:08:29 PM »
Frustrating Loss, but come on!  Did anyone really think we'd go 5-0 down the stretch?  Our conf. is too good and our players too mediocre.  If we get the next two, admittedly a very tall order made even more difficult by the fact that we've already beaten both of those teams and they'll want to get us back, we'll be fine.  4-1 over the last 5 regular season games is still far better than anyone on here could have possibly expected and for good reason...... It's probably not gonna happen.  We're just not as good as everyone wants us to be.  It's as simple that.  I'm not a wojo apologist but certainly not calling for his head yet.  I'm not convinced any other HC could do much better with the composition of our roster given the lack of a true 4 coupled with a too often ineffective 5.  Even after the Nova win, I never once felt this was even close to a Tournament team, but if we win the next two, there's a very good chance I'll be proven wrong which I obviously hope to be.

One other thing.....Why does Markus ever even think about driving the lane????   He gets swatted like a mosquito 90% of the time and almost never draws a foul.  I think today's game was very possibly the first time I witnessed him drive and draw a foul and although he hit both free throws, he still shouldn't have even attempted to.  If I see him try to drive through two tree trunks again I'm going to throw mobile through my flat screen.

First, if someone named Disco Hippie was in fact panicking I'd freak out.

Second,  Markus has a nice floater and has had some success getting in the lane. He has to pick his spots but you don't want him to be one dimensional.

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
We don't need to panic we have 2 games left. One more game to try and get a big road win. And another to get a big home win. 2 very important games i believe in the boys

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 12:40:32 AM »
No need to panic right now if you booked your NIT tickets in November. If you planned to see MU in The Dance, then you should panic.

feedback