collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Worst Journalist  (Read 6594 times)

TribalRage

• Walk-On
Worst Journalist
« on: May 11, 2012, 11:15:35 AM »
I say Stephen A. Smith. Hands down. The man is insufferable.

reinko

• All American
Re: Worst Journalist
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »
The guy from the Ed Show.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 12:13:40 PM »
Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless have to be the absolute worst. I think the problem with Bayless is that he seems to go out of his way to get under people's skin. It's like he knows what the popular opinion is, and supports the opposite to get a reaction. Stephen A is just loud and obnoxious, never brings anything constructive to the table.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:34:21 PM by mosarsour »

Blue Horseshoe

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 12:51:15 PM »
If we're talking columnists then my vote is Phil Rogers (Chicago Tribune). As for talking heads, a lot of ESPN personalities have driven me away from their sports coverage.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
Skip Bayless. I honestly find it hard to believe that he believes the words coming out of his own mouth. I think he's just a blowhard to get a rise out of people. Not a true journalist, just a professional wind-up artist.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Biggworm

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 01:10:09 PM »
I gotta go with Jim Rome on this one.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »
Joe Cowley from the Sun Times

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »
Personally, I can't stomach Chris Berman.  He is an obnoxious blowhard.  At one time he was good, now he is awful.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 01:37:07 PM »
Tom Oates from the Wisconsin State Journal.

RJax55

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 02:12:22 PM »
Skip Bayless. I honestly find it hard to believe that he believes the words coming out of his own mouth. I think he's just a blowhard to get a rise out of people. Not a true journalist, just a professional wind-up artist.

Does Skip write anymore? Or is he just a talking-head now. Either way, the guy is brutal.

I'll add Peter King.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 02:27:27 PM »
Personally, I can't stomach Chris Berman.  He is an obnoxious blowhard.  At one time he was good, now he is awful.

+1,00000000  His time is up.

#2  Stuart Scott

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 02:32:58 PM »
How has Rick Reilly not been mentioned yet?

MrSquido50

• Walk-On
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 04:19:31 PM »
First of all, calling these clowns journalists is a real slap in the face to the folks in this world that really ARE journalists.  These guys are TV personalities at best no different than Jerry Springer or any of the Kardashians for lack of a better example.

Next, this needs to be broken out in to two categories: local and national with Michael Hunt winning the local poll with 99.88% of the vote.

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 04:46:31 PM »
I find Stephen A Smith mildly entertaining. At least he makes me laugh. Skippy Bayless is a complete waste of space. He simply picks the opposite of every argument...and does it so annoyingly. He needs a good punch in the face. I used to watch Cold Pizza (now First Take) most mornings. Now, I've stopped since it has become the Skippy Show. Hey ESPN, when it comes to Skippy, less is more. Just a smug, condescending fossil.

A few months ago, espn.com posted behind-the-scenes videos of the First Take cast. Skippy's video was so sad and pathetic. He lives in a crappy apartment that looks like a dorm room. All he does is watch sports (and the occasional movie). Also, he plays this silly game every night where he tries to bounce a rubber ball off a light switch. If he doesn't do it, he gets up in the wee hours and continues until he finally hits it.

Wow. Keep living that full and vibrant life, Skippy.

warthog-driver

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 05:53:13 PM »
I gotta go with Jim Rome on this one.

Excellent choice

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »
Dan Rather

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 01:21:33 PM »
Excellent choice
Yeah, he is a real nut case.  Ever try listening to his radio show (does he still have one)...?

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 02:26:32 PM »
Mitch Albom, mostly for his dry heave inducing, Hallmark card, wet-fart, chiche filled books.

Dan Shaughnessy, who still never resists an opportunity to turn everything Boston sports into a woe-is-us/Curse of Babe Ruth BS.

Gregggggggggggggggg Easterbrook, who always lets us know just how much smarter he is than the rest of us.  And that every team in the NFL needs rosters full of undrafted SCRAPPY, non glory boy free agents. 

I maybe, sorta, think Peter King, too.  He leads sportswriters in wafflishness.  Maybe I'll decide after downing this next Shock Top & venti latte. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2012, 02:56:21 PM »

The dude is always running off and disappearing every time a big story is breaking.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »
Not sports related but how can we forget this guy?

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 08:19:43 AM »
Orlando Ledbetter.

jmayer1

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 09:17:54 AM »
Mike North

🏀

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 09:26:24 AM »
Mike North

He's in a different league all together.

Wheezing blowhards that got financially pummeled by a Ponzi scheme and failed morning TV show.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 09:32:31 AM »
I find Stephen A Smith mildly entertaining. At least he makes me laugh. Skippy Bayless is a complete waste of space. He simply picks the opposite of every argument...and does it so annoyingly. He needs a good punch in the face. I used to watch Cold Pizza (now First Take) most mornings. Now, I've stopped since it has become the Skippy Show. Hey ESPN, when it comes to Skippy, less is more. Just a smug, condescending fossil.

Agree...Stephen A..if you can appreciate him for what he is - a drama king - is entertaining.  Skip Bayless is just a dweeb..period.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013