Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: [Cracked Sidewalks] Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.  (Read 10143 times)

Henry Sugar

• All American
  • There are no shortcuts
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 10:46:13 PM »
As a CS contributor, I was also disappointed with this post.  While there may have been several good points, they were lost in the tone, language, and especially the headline.
A warrior is an empowered and compassionate protector of others.

TJ

• All American
Re: [Cracked Sidewalks] The Marquette Choking Dogs Pee Themselves Again
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 08:46:56 AM »
344 D1 teams.   Two end the year with a win.   On any given night, at least 172 fanbases are unhappy.   Probably closer to 200, as several whine about the quality of a win.   I would like to expect a little maturity, a little evidence of a Jesuit education, from my MU brethren.    A loss does not reflect on you personally.   You are not somehow diminished today, unless you choose to tie your sense of self esteem to a bunch of young men who represent a university you once attended.    If you are ashamed of them, do you think that if they read this and realized that an MU education means nothing to some, that they would be ashamed of you and the way you react to the outcome of an athletic contest?     I feel ya, ATL MU.    We are lowering ourselves to an embarrassing level.  
Just to be a jerk... probably a few Ivy League teams end the year with a win as well, so the number's more like 6-7  ;D.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 09:17:29 AM »
Duly noted......
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 09:17:43 AM »
I'm with the vast majority who dislike referring to our players as dogs. 

Be careful. Chicos may commission his aide-de-camp to conduct a survey on whether the "vast majority" actually agrees with you.

warriors1965

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
This post (and accompanying CS blog entry) really strikes me the wrong way.

Pulling out quotes from UNO fans when Buzz bounced for MU? Really? C'mon.

I thoroughly enjoy the majority (all, until I read this) of contributors to CS, but my advice to the blog owner is to not let this author discredit all of the hard work the rest of the intelligent CS contributors share with MU grads and fans. Keep it intelligent, or keep it off the CS site.

IMO, some of the warning signs that were brought up by the UNO faithful sure have seemed right on the money. 

It's not even a question anymore that Buzz cannot coach defense.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 11:38:23 AM »
Originally posted 12:30 AM - did adult beverages play a role?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 11:44:29 AM »
Along with hurt feelings.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

warriormom

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2011, 06:56:25 AM »
Not enough good basketball discussion on Scoop anymore.  Too much over the top criticism of everyone, coaches, players, posters.
Time to leave this immature bunch.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2011, 07:42:57 AM »
Whoa, with warriormom leaving, that brings Scoop's gender demographics from 99.5% male to 99.8%.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2011, 07:54:33 AM »
Ironically, warriormom posted very little about basketball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2011, 07:56:32 AM »
IMO, some of the warning signs that were brought up by the UNO faithful sure have seemed right on the money. 

Well he has a short rotation for sure but I'm not sure he is necessarily to blame for this.  The defensive thing is an issue.  OTOH, what I don't understand is how a two year player like EWill can't figure things out enough to get on the floor.  Does Buzz not do a good enough job teaching these kids?  Can they just not pick it up?  Is the scheme bad?

groove

« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2011, 08:11:42 AM »

Well he has a short rotation for sure but I'm not sure he is necessarily to blame for this.  The defensive thing is an issue.  OTOH, what I don't understand is how a two year player like EWill can't figure things out enough to get on the floor.  Does Buzz not do a good enough job teaching these kids?  Can they just not pick it up?  Is the scheme bad?

sometimes i think coaches try to make things more complicated than there are. Whatever happened to just guarding the man in front of you. All this helping out and switching and hitting your spot seems to be leading to a lot of layups. Hell, getting beat one on one by the man you are guarding can't be much worse than they are doing now with all the helping out and switching.