collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)  (Read 126506 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)
« Reply #600 on: July 28, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »
Well because if you don't listen to science, the problem will only be around longer and be more severe.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #601 on: July 28, 2020, 09:13:30 AM »
“Inpatient toddlers and Karen’s” as they watch friends and loved ones die.  Elderly parents remain isolated in their golden years, kids routines turned upside down, church services shut down, job layoffs, etc.  Pretty much every  cornerstone and foundational pillar to how we live our lives (faith, family, friends) has been put on hold for 8 months while anyone who second guesses the “sciencing” is told to be quiet and stay in your lane.   Inpatient toddlers and Karen’s, solid take my friend.

We're a nation of spoiled brats.  We have been since the late 40's. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #602 on: July 28, 2020, 09:16:17 AM »
Protesting and violating stay-at-home orders, refusing to wear masks, touting conspiracy theories, promoting unproven drugs as miracle cures, attacking the credibility of legitimate doctors and scientists, minimizing the severity of the illness, gathering in large crowds with no social distancing, suggesting COVID is a hoax, putting your personal needs and desires ahead of the public good.
Yep, toddlers and Karens.
(The current president also would be an acceptable answer)

Aka....”quiet!!! Stay in your lane and we’ll tell you when it’s ok to go about your daily life”  just let us know, we’ll be impatiently waiting.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #603 on: July 28, 2020, 09:20:08 AM »
Fight Fight Fight.

Many countries are back to a new normal, which we all need to accept it not the old normal for the foreseeable future. 

Why aren't we? We are trailing the developed world.  My opinion we are not taking this seriously from a logistics, will, or implementation of practices that can help get us closer to normal. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #604 on: July 28, 2020, 09:21:50 AM »
Absolutely ZERO agenda from this foreign doctor either way, just speaking out and giving information

https://twitter.com/fleccas/status/1287846643417657344?s=20

Here's the problem guru.  You take one person's view as gospel because it fits your preconceived narrative. 

First thing you should do before posting something is look at the scientist's credentials.  Are they actually a reliable source of information?  What is their history?  What is their standing in the scientific community?  Do other scientists consider them honest/truthful/logical?  Science is done via published documents where researchers put their reputation and careers on the line. 

So when you post an link to a twitter account it should be from someone who is airtight in credentials/research/reputation... because people here WILL check it. 

It isn't that people here don't want to listen to the conservative 'side' of things.  It's that you're making it into some sort of strange competition.  And those of us that aren't on your 'team' you label as 'left wing extremists'.  When really, we just can't agree with the one person who claims HCQ works because the vast majority of scientists who have done research disagree.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #605 on: July 28, 2020, 09:23:43 AM »
“Inpatient toddlers and Karen’s” as they watch friends and loved ones die.  Elderly parents remain isolated in their golden years, kids routines turned upside down, church services shut down, job layoffs, etc.  Pretty much every  cornerstone and foundational pillar to how we live our lives (faith, family, friends) has been put on hold for 8 months while anyone who second guesses the “sciencing” is told to be quiet and stay in your lane.   Inpatient toddlers and Karen’s, solid take my friend.

Calling science "sciencing" isn't lending credence to your point.

When looking at these positions ask yourself "is this person a scientist?" if that person is touting alien DNA, and witch sex then the answer is usually no.

Then ask yourself how was this study conducted? If it was treating patients who actually were diagnosed with covid, and there was a positive correlation with improvement compared to those that were diagnosed but not given treatment then it's usually a good sign the study is legit. If the study says "60% of the time it works every time with patients that have the sniffles so we assumed they had covid" then it's a good assumption that it's not legit.

The issue is Guru (and I could be wrong but possibly you to) have been linking much more of the "60% of the time it works every time with patients that have the sniffles so we assumed they had covid" studies. And it's fair to say "hey that's not a legit study" but then rather than looking at it objectively, you're digging on HCL because it's been politicized and you want to have that told you so moment for Trump. It's not "stay in your lane for second guessing science" it's "hey really think through what you're posting and do a critical evaluation and you'll see the errors"
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #606 on: July 28, 2020, 09:24:14 AM »
Aka....”quiet!!! Stay in your lane and we’ll tell you when it’s ok to go about your daily life”  just let us know, we’ll be impatiently waiting.

Exactly.  Glad you finally figured it out.  If people would have actually listened to experts, we would be in much better shape today.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #607 on: July 28, 2020, 09:24:45 AM »
Here's the problem guru.  You take one person's view as gospel because it fits your preconceived narrative. 

First thing you should do before posting something is look at the scientist's credentials.  Are they actually a reliable source of information?  What is their history?  What is their standing in the scientific community?  Do other scientists consider them honest/truthful/logical?  Science is done via published documents where researchers put their reputation and careers on the line. 

So when you post an link to a twitter account it should be from someone who is airtight in credentials/research/reputation... because people here WILL check it. 

It isn't that people here don't want to listen to the conservative 'side' of things.  It's that you're making it into some sort of strange competition.  And those of us that aren't on your 'team' you label as 'left wing extremists'.  When really, we just can't agree with the one person who claims HCQ works because the vast majority of scientists who have done research disagree.

Lol we pretty much wrote the same response. Nice
Maigh Eo for Sam

• All American
« Reply #608 on: July 28, 2020, 09:25:30 AM »

Yeah but that's not guru's mindset.  Now that her videos have been removed, it becomes a conspiracy.  According to guru and his types, everything is about politics.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #609 on: July 28, 2020, 10:04:26 AM »
Or, not waiting at all

If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #610 on: July 28, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »
Short answer?  If everyone had listened to science, we would be much farther ahead.  So, if you aren't part of the solution...
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #611 on: July 28, 2020, 10:12:00 AM »

Yeah but that's not guru's mindset.  Now that her videos have been removed, it becomes a conspiracy.  According to guru and his types, everything is about politics.

Oh, I know.  There is always an excuse.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #612 on: July 28, 2020, 10:52:25 AM »
Oh, I know.  There is always an excuse.

https://c19study.com/

The best link I can find showing the totality of clinical evidence showing best use of hydroxy.  Just don’t see how anyone can say definitely it shouldn’t be getting prescribed early on after diagnosis before the virus has a stranglehold.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #613 on: July 28, 2020, 10:55:16 AM »
Calling science "sciencing" isn't lending credence to your point.

When looking at these positions ask yourself "is this person a scientist?" if that person is touting alien DNA, and witch sex then the answer is usually no.

Then ask yourself how was this study conducted? If it was treating patients who actually were diagnosed with covid, and there was a positive correlation with improvement compared to those that were diagnosed but not given treatment then it's usually a good sign the study is legit. If the study says "60% of the time it works every time with patients that have the sniffles so we assumed they had covid" then it's a good assumption that it's not legit.

The issue is Guru (and I could be wrong but possibly you to) have been linking much more of the "60% of the time it works every time with patients that have the sniffles so we assumed they had covid" studies. And it's fair to say "hey that's not a legit study" but then rather than looking at it objectively, you're digging on HCL because it's been politicized and you want to have that told you so moment for Trump. It's not "stay in your lane for second guessing science" it's "hey really think through what you're posting and do a critical evaluation and you'll see the errors"

I never mentioned the witch doctor.  I posted a link from an epidemiologist from Yale, who I would call an expert in this field.

I didn’t realize though before posting the link he was struggling mentally with the idea that science and medical experts can’t figure this thing out.

Forgetful diagnosed him though so ignore the link.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #614 on: July 28, 2020, 10:58:41 AM »

The best link I can find showing the totality of clinical evidence showing best use of hydroxy.  Just don’t see how anyone can say definitely it shouldn’t be getting prescribed early on after diagnosis before the virus has a stranglehold.

Well there is this study they probably have to overcome. 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2016638

“We conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial across the United States and parts of Canada testing hydroxychloroquine as postexposure prophylaxis.”

“We enrolled 821 asymptomatic participants. Overall, 87.6% of the participants (719 of 821) reported a high-risk exposure to a confirmed Covid-19 contact. The incidence of new illness compatible with Covid-19 did not differ significantly between participants receiving hydroxychloroquine (49 of 414 [11.8%]) and those receiving placebo (58 of 407 [14.3%]); the absolute difference was −2.4 percentage points (95% confidence interval, −7.0 to 2.2; P=0.35). Side effects were more common with hydroxychloroquine than with placebo (40.1% vs. 16.8%), but no serious adverse reactions were reported.“

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #615 on: July 28, 2020, 11:40:44 AM »
I never mentioned the witch doctor.  I posted a link from an epidemiologist from Yale, who I would call an expert in this field.
An epidemiologist from Yale that cited non-controlled, non-randomized trials, including at least one where the patients weren't even tested for COVID, to back up his opinion.

As I said before, I have no idea why someone in such a position would stake his reputation on what, as a professional, he must know are at best anecdotal studies. Rather that try to guess, I'll just (mis)quote Col. Jessup:

"My answer is I don't have the first damn clue. Maybe he was an early riser true believer and liked to pack opine in the morning. And maybe he didn't have any friends valid studies. I'm an educated man, but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about the travel publishing habits of William Santiago Harvey Risch, MD. What I do know is that he was set to leave the base at 0600 citing a bunch of non-scientific studies. Now, are these really the questions I was called here to answer studies you want to cite? Phone calls Raoult and foot lockers Zelenko? Please tell me that you have something more, Lieutenant Scooper. These two Marines are on trial for COVID patients fighting for their lives. Please tell me their lawyer the right wing hasn't pinned their hopes to a phone bill witch doctor."
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

tower912

• All American
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #617 on: July 28, 2020, 02:24:25 PM »

What is the graph showing?  Each line is labeled with a country, and some are in green and others red? Is it saying that Cuba, Malaysia, Greece, Morocco, Ukraine etc have massively lower death rates than UK, USA, Sweden, Ireland and France, and its because they use HCQ?

• All American
« Reply #618 on: July 28, 2020, 02:39:53 PM »
Yeah here is how yesterday's hyroxy issue emerged...and of course made its way to Scoop via guru.

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/dark-money-pac-s-coordinated-reopen-push-are-behind-doctors-n1235100

"A dozen doctors delivered speeches in front of the U.S. Capitol on Monday to a small crowd, claiming without evidence that the coronavirus could be cured and that widely accepted efforts to slow its spread were unnecessary and dangerous.

It was the latest video to go viral from apparent experts, quietly backed by dark money political organizations, evangelizing treatments for or opinions about the coronavirus that most doctors, public health officials and epidemiologists have roundly decried as dangerous misinformation.

That Monday's so-called news conference had more speakers than attendees was of little matter. Livestreamed by the far-right website Breitbart News, the video spread quickly, initially through conservative, anti-vaccination and government conspiracy groups. Within hours, it had reached over 20 million Facebook users.

The event was hosted and funded by the Tea Party Patriots, a right-wing political nonprofit group led by Jenny Beth Martin, the group’s co-founder, who spoke at the news conference."

muguru

• All American
« Reply #619 on: July 28, 2020, 02:40:27 PM »
Exactly.  Glad you finally figured it out.  If people would have actually listened to experts, we would be in much better shape today.

Ah yes, the old experts like Tony Fauci who in February proudly proclaimed the risk of Coronavirus in the US is "miniscule" and laughed at needing masks(and no that wasn't so there were enough for front line workers, he said flat out we didn't need them". Or in March when he did an interview and said the response of the Trump administration was "impressive". So now some radical lefts here are on the spot...and you don't get to have it both ways, which is it?? Trump admin failed when the EXPERT himself said in February no masks and risk miniscule(yet everyone blasts Trump because if he would have listened from the beginning, listened to who?? He WAS listening to Fauci then, that's what you idiots won't admit)?? Or...does Fauci have to bear significant responsibility for the disaster of a response(as so many claim)??

No, you don't get to play the "the science changes yadda yadda yadda card either". EVERYONE rails on him for not responding properly from the BEGINNING when the "expert" himself said it was nothing to worry about. So that's what we are using, from the beginning of this thing.

For the record, The WHO also tweeted out in February that Chinese scientists found no proof of human to human transmission.

So?? What do you radical left sycophants say?? This spin should be fantastic.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #620 on: July 28, 2020, 02:52:39 PM »

The event was hosted and funded by the Tea Party Patriots, a right-wing political nonprofit group led by Jenny Beth Martin, the group’s co-founder, who spoke at the news conference."

Led by a woman? That's way too left leaning! They are supposed to be adhering to traditional gender roles dammit
Maigh Eo for Sam

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #621 on: July 28, 2020, 02:53:58 PM »
Ah yes, the old experts like Tony Fauci who in February proudly proclaimed the risk of Coronavirus in the US is "miniscule" and laughed at needing masks(and no that wasn't so there were enough for front line workers, he said flat out we didn't need them". Or in March when he did an interview and said the response of the Trump administration was "impressive". So now some radical lefts here are on the spot...and you don't get to have it both ways, which is it?? Trump admin failed when the EXPERT himself said in February no masks and risk miniscule(yet everyone blasts Trump because if he would have listened from the beginning, listened to who?? He WAS listening to Fauci then, that's what you idiots won't admit)?? Or...does Fauci have to bear significant responsibility for the disaster of a response(as so many claim)??

No, you don't get to play the "the science changes yadda yadda yadda card either". EVERYONE rails on him for not responding properly from the BEGINNING when the "expert" himself said it was nothing to worry about. So that's what we are using, from the beginning of this thing.

For the record, The WHO also tweeted out in February that Chinese scientists found no proof of human to human transmission.

What we learn about any virus, much less this one, changes on a daily basis.  The one thing that is certain, America has failed miserably in reacting to it.  That’s not a surprise.  We revel in ignorance and the lowest common denominator
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #622 on: July 28, 2020, 02:55:57 PM »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #623 on: July 28, 2020, 03:13:58 PM »

Fauci has to publicly praise Trump because if he doesn't he knows he will get crap canned. He has to walk a tight line between public safety and staying in his job where he can continue to advocate for science, and thus far, he has done a pretty good job.

As with all Presidents, the buck stops with Trump. Our country's disastrous response is his responsibility.   COVID has happened everywhere. Why are we the worst in the world?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 03:16:19 PM by Coleman »

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #624 on: July 28, 2020, 03:15:04 PM »

That Monday's so-called news conference had more speakers than attendees was of little matter. Livestreamed by the far-right website Breitbart News, the video spread quickly, initially through conservative, anti-vaccination and government conspiracy groups. Within hours, it had reached over 20 million Facebook users.

This is why our country is f*cking doomed...