[Today at 11:28:28 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:43:07 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Heldtuva good time  (Read 6422 times)

tower912

• All American
Heldtuva good time
« on: February 21, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »
1.   Still turning the ball over too much.
2.   Offset by good shooting and pretty good defense.   
3.  Glad JjJ played tonight.   Equally glad that Wojo was willing to sit Cheatham. 
4.  Matty, Matty, Matty.   To all of the morons who don't understand that bigs take time to develop and that Matt is progressing in a normal fashion for a project big, will you now please admit you were wrong and get off of Matt?     Geezus.   He isn't a world beater yet.   There will be nights where he doesn't play well.   Accept it.  But  I think we can lay to rest the bulls%$# that he can't play in the Big East.   So happy that he got the double double. 
5.  Need to learn to play with a lead. The team didn't look comfortable up 20.
6.   Sam was due.   Great to see him find his range.   
7.  SJU plays so aggressively.   Inevitable that there are going to be a ton of fouls called. 
8.  Revenge is sweet.   Now let's steal a couple on the road and get back to thinking about seeding.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Heldtuva good time
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:07:23 PM »
Feeling much better about the 5 until Froling is eligible next season.

Really wish we had that Providence game back. Chance to make up for it Saturday.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:08:08 PM »
Nice W. love it.

Matty and Sammy were the studs tonight.

Still way too many turnovers. I love HC, but he belonged on the bench tonight.

I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 09:11:42 PM »
1.   Still turning the ball over too much.
2.   Offset by good shooting and pretty good defense.   
3.  Glad JjJ played tonight.   Equally glad that Wojo was willing to sit Cheatham. 
4.  Matty, Matty, Matty.   To all of the morons who don't understand that bigs take time to develop and that Matt is progressing in a normal fashion for a project big, will you now please admit you were wrong and get off of Matt?     Geezus.   He isn't a world beater yet.   There will be nights where he doesn't play well.   Accept it.  But  I think we can lay to rest the bulls%$# that he can't play in the Big East.   So happy that he got the double double. 
5.  Need to learn to play with a lead. The team didn't look comfortable up 20.
6.   Sam was due.   Great to see him find his range.   
7.  SJU plays so aggressively.   Inevitable that there are going to be a ton of fouls called. 
8.  Revenge is sweet.   Now let's steal a couple on the road and get back to thinking about seeding.

I don't care what you say about him, but spell his name correctly.

J-e-s-u-s
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 09:13:50 PM »
St. John's is very pesky.  Howard figured it out in the 2nd half.  If we see them for a 3rd time in the Big East Tournament we will know what we are facing.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 09:15:55 PM »
My thoughts on the game?

HELDT YEAH!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

nyg

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 09:16:42 PM »
-Used to call Hedlt the Human Foul Machine.  I now revert to Luke...

-Cheatham's two terrible turnovers and getting a drive shot blocked lead to his benching in second half

-JJJ with biggest play of game, that dunk was awesome and MU had just brainfarted with consecutive turnovers.

- Hauser with 19, KR with 16 and Rowsey with 18 (6 for 15) equalized Howard's 3

- Only bad was Cheatham's to's, not getting ball inbounded on two consecutive possessions, leading to two threes and
  number of fouls and 16 turnovers.                                                                                                                     

Great game with 22 assists on 34 buckets and glad Hauser got stroke back, huge for team. 

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 09:18:14 PM »
Matt Heldt be Ballin'. He changes the whole complexion of this team defensively. This doesn't look like a fluke to me, he is in control of his game and plays within himself. I believe his time has come.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 09:18:26 PM »
Yeah Heldt can play in the BE. But could he play in a league with the 95-96 bulls?

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 09:18:57 PM »
I think St. John's is going to be a tough out from here on out.  Good for the conference I think.

Good to see Hauser and Katin get it going on the offensive end.  We are now a deep team.  For once, I like what Wojo is doing.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 09:19:44 PM »
Matt Heldt, what more can you say?  We needed a reason for optimism.  Let's run the damn table.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 09:22:30 PM »
As I said pregame(and it appears to of mentally broke chili)....SJu is a bad match up for us.

And we handled it. Didn't take care of the ball like I wanted but we played great on offense when we did advance the ball.

On to the next one
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »
My thoughts on the game?

HELDT YEAH!

Only @PC matters?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 09:23:14 PM »
  For once, I like what Wojo is doing.

Wojo told the announcing team that the last two games he has rewarded the guys who have been working the hardest in practice.    Opened up starting positions to competition.   Today, he sat HC after he turned the ball over back to back.    Good.   JJJ came in and played hard and focused.    Good.    Hard practice and game production get rewarded.   Build that culture.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 09:24:07 PM »
Off the bubble

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2017, 09:24:54 PM »
If Ponds, Lovett and Ahmed stick around, SJU is gonna be pretty damn good the next couple years. That team plays really hard.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:44 PM »
It's a fun team when you never know who is going to go off on any given night.  Five guys in double figures tonight.

Funny how posters like mayfairskatingrink and warrior"fan" 14 any never anywhere to be found when MU wins.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2017, 09:28:25 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2017, 10:00:55 PM »
It's a fun team when you never know who is going to go off on any given night.  Five guys in double figures tonight.

Funny how posters like mayfairskatingrink and warrior"fan" 14 any never anywhere to be found when MU wins.
ME?  I'm not a troll... 1991 Alum.  Travel half way around the world each year to see a game in person and watch most of the games live  in a time zone 12 hours ahead of where they are played.  I'm around... and savoring the victory and the great play by my new favorite warrior, Matt Heldt!
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2017, 10:03:57 PM »
ME?  I'm not a troll... 1991 Alum.  Travel half way around the world each year to see a game in person and watch most of the games live  in a time zone 12 hours ahead of where they are played.  I'm around... and savoring the victory and the great play by my new favorite warrior, Matt Heldt!

Pretty sure he's talking about this guy: http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;u=902
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2017, 10:06:07 PM »
Disagree with number 5 a little. We had some bad possessions trying to run out the clock, but don't think they ever got it below 10 and we answered their runs.

Loved what I saw from Heldt but I wonder if the lack of steady PT is not allowing Luke to get in a flow and contributing to the fouls.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 10:13:43 PM »
-Used to call Hedlt the Human Foul Machine.  I now revert to Luke...

-Cheatham's two terrible turnovers and getting a drive shot blocked lead to his benching in second half

-JJJ with biggest play of game, that dunk was awesome and MU had just brainfarted with consecutive turnovers.

- Hauser with 19, KR with 16 and Rowsey with 18 (6 for 15) equalized Howard's 3

- Only bad was Cheatham's to's, not getting ball inbounded on two consecutive possessions, leading to two threes and
  number of fouls and 16 turnovers.                                                                                                                     

Great game with 22 assists on 34 buckets and glad Hauser got stroke back, huge for team.
Yes--JJ's dunk came after one of our classic quick chuck it up 3s--3 consecutive trips down the court. Amazes me. Instead of feeding into it, this time JJ took it to the rack. Very timely.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2017, 10:16:35 PM »
We ain't changing a thing from here on out.  Finally, finally we're ballin'.  Back to back games.  Contribute or sit.  Wojo issued a big FU to everyone and we are finally learning how to destroy people.  Are we perfect?  Hell no, but at least we've declared Defcon 4 my brothers.  Now let's get on the plane and get some Friar arse. 

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2017, 10:19:01 PM »
Disagree with number 5 a little. We had some bad possessions trying to run out the clock, but don't think they ever got it below 10 and we answered their runs.

Totally agree. #5 is picking nits. MU never let the lead get under double-digits (once established) in back-to-back 20+ point wins.  They played fine with the lead.

The back-to-back TO's that lead to 6 straight Johnnie points was frustrating but teams make runs.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2017, 10:26:47 PM »
No.

For now, we are. Georgia Tech, Indiana and Clemson all lost. We aren't in yet, but 1 more might do it. Think this team can get a win Saturday.

feedback